Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have both the original Jabba and Han Carbonite and have put BOTH the new ones in the cart and then walked away. I'm so F'ing torn!!!! SS why didn't you just give us something completely new!!???

71487673.jpg

I know what you mean. I to have the old jabba and the old han carb. but I also have the new han carb. I might get jabba some time this year if it don't sell out before then.

:lol

That's how many will feel after purchasing this. I know I would have serious buyer's remorse.

Yeah. The evaporation of $800 plus shipping with the click of a single button would definitely do that to me. Not to mention the never ending anxiety of someone ever walking too closely to it once it was here, breathing on it, etc. Don't get me wrong, I *want* that sucker. But I also want to sleep soundly with a clear conscience, lol.

If 800 big ones were chump change to me then you bet your ass that thing would have been preordered the moment they showed it on Sideshow Live so congrats to all who are getting it.

Brother Cousin's Toy Review

I foresee I nice chunk of people ordering this thing after seeing that video. Lol.

The Jabba scene is probably one of THE best things out of the whole saga

You could have all the figures in the world, not having this one just wouldn’t make any sense.

Get it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Part of me thinks this will be available forever... and part of me thinks the edition size is so small that it might go quick.

Dewback and Taun Taun might be good past performance indicators. I have no idea how long either of those lasted before they sold out.

The force is telling me, not a lot of preorders due to price and people waiting to see reviews. So SS kept the run small. Now that reviews are good and we have a late run on Jabba, he might only last a few months.
#pushthebutton

I have a source who is always 95% correct when it comes to questions regarding production , distribution etc.. And I was told these are not limited like the dewback and taun taun (numbered) but they are in fact being made in small batches I.E made to order, so to speak.

Less than 200 were made for/during pre order and the rest are being made in batches of about 50 as orders of 25+ come in. So I wouldn't expect to see too many of these floating around on the secondary market, and I must say as someone who usually has a constant issue with sideshows quality control, this piece was well managed and well done with the piece being closely manged for quality in both paint app and attention to detail. This piece will be one of sideshow top pieces & join the dewback for sure. It may sit and be available for sometime so althou there won't be thousands produced I do believe its not going to be gone/sold out anytime soon.

Just stating that it won't end up being manufactured in the thousands. Yes the price is high but margins were only about 60/40 so a lot went into this and it seems to have been a labor of love. I only wish they did this with every piece. I also wish they used the curled tail instead iof the straight tail but its def a grail piece for sure and the scale was corrected when compared to the first version. I will argue the first version was beautifully sculpted especially for its time. The paint could have been much better but the mouth and belly as well as other part a were spot on.

However this new piece is quit an improvement in scale and paint application. I wpuldnt recomend got casual collectors or collectors that span their collections across diff franchises. But if your a star wars fan /collector or jabba fan its worth the $850. As always take what is said with a grain of salt it came up in conversation with a fellow sculptor/colleague at sideshow so it may not be 100% but I feel confident that most of the info stands true. Hope that helps for those undecided. If its a must have just put it in payment plan for a few months.

I am no longer an active collector of 1/6 scale figures, so take this with the proverbial grain of salt, but I think this piece is easily more impressive than 3 or 4 individual figures sitting on a shelf. In that sense the value is there. You just have to think about whether you like Jabba well enough to devote that much space and money to him.

Yep, good call. That’s how I’m looking at this release. I’ve cancelled a couple of preorders and have decided against a couple of other releases this year so I can budget for Jabba because when it comes down to it, Star Wars is my favourite movie series and I’m more passionate about it than everything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yep, good call. That’s how I’m looking at this release. I’ve cancelled a couple of preorders and have decided against a couple of other releases this year so I can budget for Jabba because when it comes down to it, Star Wars is my favourite movie series and I’m more passionate about it than everything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I mean I agree it’s a bit overpriced, but do people not like it for a reason? Or just the price?

I am no longer an active collector of 1/6 scale figures, so take this with the proverbial grain of salt, but I think this piece is easily more impressive than 3 or 4 individual figures sitting on a shelf. In that sense the value is there. You just have to think about whether you like Jabba well enough to devote that much space and money to him.

Well, for me: I was a massive Star Wars fan for years. When the first (original) SW came out, I saw it 26 times in the theatre. Bought toys, books, comics, magazines, anything I could get my hands on; and chomped at the bit for every sequel. Bought the VHS tapes, the laser-discs, the DVDs (though I hated the Special Editions). I was equally excited about the first prequel, and rushed to the cinema with a buddy of mine, and was so distraught at the horrendous damage Lucas had done to one of my childhood favorites, I gave most of my collection of books and magazines regarding Star Wars to the same buddy. I watched the next two prequels on video (for free), and hated those garbage-fests just as much as Episode I — so much so that I couldn’t watch the original trilogy for over a decade without feeling like vomiting, and wishing that Lucas had been killed in a major car fire long before he had ruined SW by becoming a 2-hour toy commercial manufacturer instead of a filmmaker. Cut to just a few years ago, the taint of those s$&ty movies finally so far behind me, I can finally watch the original trilogy and not taste bile in my throat, and remember just how much fun I had as a kid. I started buying 1/6 scale figures again after a ten year absence from the hobby, and realized that I had missed so much. The prices were even more ridiculous than they were when I was collecting to begin with, and I told myself that I would only buy figures of characters where a real person’s face was represented (no monsters, robots, aliens, etc., where it didn’t matter who played the part). Cut to the last year, or so, and I have Jawas, C-3PO, R2, a Storm Trooper, etc., and my love of Star Wars (and other franchises) has been truly rekindled. I missed out on so many cool figures (now outdated by improvements by leaps and bounds), that I searched for over the last couple of years, but passed on due to cost. Seeing this “figure” announced was like being a kid in a candy store again, but the sticker shock took some getting used to. I debated and debated, but decided to PO with a payment plan to spread out the punishment a few days after the initial announcement. Star Wars was a huge part of my life as a kid, and this piece will be the one (and only) Jabba I will ever own. I’ve even been looking at ways to build some sort of diorama for it (and that’s not something I have a lot of space, nor desire to do for a lot of my figures). This will be only my 17th SW figure, but he’s going to be pretty amazing. I haven’t been this excited about a Star Wars figure in a long time — and there’s been a few that I thought I’d never have (like Tarkin). Getting this just makes me want to get more aliens to surround him — which is why if Sideshow were smart they’d dive into a couple more reissues, and then some characters they didn’t make before (like the band).

15% off on ebay is substantial... IF it shows up on ebay and the price isn't gouged. Both seem unlikely.

Given a long enough timeline, anything is possible.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I can’t really say I agree with this sentiment personally. Is this Jabba a nice piece? Definitely, but I still would prefer having three other figures filling out my display than missing this one piece that I’d have to pay out the ass for and dedicate a large space to.

The other thing with Jabba is that as great as this figure is I almost feel like it needs accompanying pieces to complete the setup (Bib, Gammorean Guards, etc.). I’d still get this if it was more affordable and I had the space, but I think there’s good reasons for a lot of people to pass on it in favor of other figures.

Ordered:)

Last night I watched the review video that went up on YouTube, then the Sideshow reveal, and then the entire Jabba sequence on ROTJ. Then the review videos again. I looked at my Star Wars collection and noticed that it is lacking in the cool creatures department.

I love that this isn't another lazy remake from Sideshow. They redid the whole damn thing, it looks great, and I think I'll have a lot of fun with the swap out parts. Enough with the back and forth for me, this had to be done.

yeah I will get it this pretty soon. might have a buyer of my han carb. diorama since I have the new one the money can go towards the mighty jabba.

Back