Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love to have it - but I simply cannot swing the nearly $900 it would take to get it to me- where I am the shipping alone would be close to $100 (or more)-plus we have to pay sales tax for online purchases in this state now. Ugh.

The more pics turning up in here, the better it looks. I'll just have to live vicariously through the forum and keep telling myself the old one's fine....the old one's fine....the old one's fine.... ;)

I do have to give Sideshow credit for a figure that actually looks decent though. One of their best efforts in quite a while. I think it comes down to they’re better at creatures and more statuesque pieces.

I really want this as Jabba is an essential Star Wars character that I’d want on display. I just don’t like the idea of it being as much as three figures and the fact that I don’t have a good place for it solidifies that I can’t bring myself to buy it.

If these linger for a while maybe I’ll get one down the line but I don’t really foresee that unless they do more than one run.

Lookin around and AE wants $200+ to ship this UPS 😳 Don’t know if that was an error or not? Thinking bout going through BBTS if they don’t charge tax to California residence 🤔💭
They shipped out my deluxe Emperor with no tax so...

Sideshow just make a ton of these please and send me the first notification when you shave a couple hundred bucks off the price, lol.

Right? It's frustrating not knowing whether it's gonna disappear like Snowspeeder Luke or just linger and linger like so many of their items. $100 off would certainly push me over, hopefully they're printing those coupons now.

Lookin around and AE wants $200+ to ship this UPS �� Don’t know if that was an error or not? Thinking bout going through BBTS if they don’t charge tax to California residence ����
They shipped out my deluxe Emperor with no tax so...

Yeah, I saw that. Timewalker is having theirs drop shipped from Sideshow, so I imagine it would be the same rate that Sideshow is quoting you. Their discount nearly matches SS's rewards discount pretty much exactly.

Right? It's frustrating not knowing whether it's gonna disappear like Snowspeeder Luke or just linger and linger like so many of their items. $100 off would certainly push me over, hopefully they're printing those coupons now.

And I pretty much always guess wrong. I snatched up Imperial Disguise Jyn assuming that she'd quickly sell out like the rest of the RO figures. I can only assume that she's still available to purchase directly from SSC, free shipping.

And I pretty much always guess wrong. I snatched up Imperial Disguise Jyn assuming that she'd quickly sell out like the rest of the RO figures. I can only assume that she's still available to purchase directly from SSC, free shipping.

:lol She's not, but still available from Popcultcha for under retail -- I just ordered her last week and am waiting for arrival. From RO, the Shoretrooper turned out to be the rarest, who would have thought considering their more limited role. Don't know how Hot Toys didn't release one of the variants.

Yeah, I saw that. Timewalker is having theirs drop shipped from Sideshow, so I imagine it would be the same rate that Sideshow is quoting you. Their discount nearly matches SS's rewards discount pretty much exactly.

SS’s CA Tax and shipping is what I’m trying to avoid which would be another $100+. Waiting on a confirmation from BBTS on tax and shipping and if it’s the $4 flat rate and no tax I’m in.

Why would anyone think they would over-produce an $800 piece? I mean seriously. You think they want to have hundreds of thousands of dollars of product their not sure they can move sitting around? Or do you think it’s more likely they only made a certain amount over pre-orders in the event folks saw these pics and jumped on it... ? I’m just guessing, but over-producing a piece this expensive, unless it cost them virtually nothing to make, wouldn’t make much business sense (particularly considering the warehouse space it would take up).

Yeah, I’m sure this will be a fairly small run. Probably just a bit more than the pre-orders if I had to guess. Seems like their statues generally sell fast and that’s pretty much what this is. The TaunTaun which was also basically a statue piece went fast. The only thing is if there’s enough demand maybe they’ll do another batch down the line like they have with some of their other sixth scale pieces.

If i have spare budget I would get this crime lord immediately together with Carbonite Solo

All this talk really has me wondering how many of these they are making. As I recall, they made 4000 of the regular edition Jabba figures and 4200 of the thrones, but I'm not sure how many of the inclusive version with the goblet were made. It's hard to imagine the new one being anywhere near that. Mine was numbered 136 as I recall, for what it's worth.

The only thing is if there’s enough demand maybe they’ll do another batch down the line like they have with some of their other sixth scale pieces.

This is truly the rub. The probe droid has made more comebacks than Elton John, Barbara Streisand, and Cher combined. Even then I'm thinking the best discount you will get is maybe free shipping unless you get an eBay deal.

Yeah, I’m sure this will be a fairly small run. Probably just a bit more than the pre-orders if I had to guess. Seems like their statues generally sell fast and that’s pretty much what this is. The TaunTaun which was also basically a statue piece went fast. The only thing is if there’s enough demand maybe they’ll do another batch down the line like they have with some of their other sixth scale pieces.

My guess is SSC produces everything these days with a potential V.2 release in mind. They'd be crazy not to.

The big question is would they re-release this as just the Jabba without the throne/dias, knowing there are a ton of people out there (4000+ to be exact) with the old Jabba's throne in-hand who'd willingly pay $450+ for just the Jabba figure/statue upgrade alone, but balk at the $800 for the current set. I can't imagine Sideshow hasn't thought about that. The reality is though - it may not happen, and if it does happen, you wait 18 months.

15% off on ebay is substantial... IF it shows up on ebay and the price isn't gouged. Both seem unlikely.

I think the problem with getting that 15% off on eBay will be the shipping. This box is huge and heavy. None of those ebay sellers are going to want to eat that cost like they often do with normal 1/6. They probably don't have bulk rates either. My guess is there won't be too many listed and the ones that are on there will have shipping costs that will eat up a lot of the coupon.

Back