Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing I didn’t mention is that because of the way his tail is sculpted hanging off the throne, the Jabba figure can’t really just sit on a flat surface. If they were to release a stand-alone version they would have to change that.

I think the problem with getting that 15% off on eBay will be the shipping. This box is huge and heavy. None of those ebay sellers are going to want to eat that cost like they often do with normal 1/6. They probably don't have bulk rates either. My guess is there won't be too many listed and the ones that are on there will have shipping costs that will eat up a lot of the coupon.

I think you are correct, sadly. Sellers will build shipping into their auction price so the asking starts at $950. And with the fragile nature of this piece -- Crumb -- I wouldn't want to have an ebay seller ship it to me anyway. Highly likely to get damage. At least with Sideshow, you'll get a replacement part. At least for a while.

No, in this case, it makes sense to buy direct from Sideshow I think. Still curious to see what ebay sellers list him for.

Maybe I'll spend so much time investigating that he'll sell out... and then I'm free! Free of the madness! $800 for a toy display. I am crazy.

I think you are correct, sadly. Sellers will build shipping into their auction price so the asking starts at $950. And with the fragile nature of this piece -- Crumb -- I wouldn't want to have an ebay seller ship it to me anyway. Highly likely to get damage. At least with Sideshow, you'll get a replacement part. At least for a while.

No, in this case, it makes sense to buy direct from Sideshow I think. Still curious to see what ebay sellers list him for.

Maybe I'll spend so much time investigating that he'll sell out... and then I'm free! Free of the madness! $800 for a toy display. I am crazy.

Another thing I forgot is that I think those eBay coupons have $100 max savings so you would lose out on $20 right off the top. If you want to get this I think SSC direct is the way to go unless you can get from BBTS without tax which I can't any longer.

Is there a current ebay 15% code or is this just theoretically speaking? $100 or so off would be a nice thing.:lol

What's tough about this release is that you're battling all the usual suspects - whether it looks good enough, whether Ht will make it etc - but even when you clear all those hurdles, you still face the 2001-esque monolith of that $800 price... the final and most significant hurdle.:horror

Is there a current ebay 15% code or is this just theoretically speaking? $100 or so off would be a nice thing.:lol

Theory only but they happen fairly often. Seems almost monthly. Sometimes it's only 10%. I just think the $100 off will be nerfed by $75 shipping...and then it arrives with a smashed Crumb.

Another thing I forgot is that I think those eBay coupons have $100 max savings so you would lose out on $20 right off the top. If you want to get this I think SSC direct is the way to go unless you can get from BBTS without tax which I can't any longer.

That's true too. $100 max is always the cut-off. Still, if the shipping was reasonable it might be better than CA tax plus SS shipping.

I don't think there's any way to get this for $600 unless you are using reward points. Seems with shipping as a factor, the best you can hope for is BBTS $4 ship and no tax if you're in a lucky state.

I have my doubts about BBTS $4 ship on this.

In my view, waiting around for a potential $100 discount isn’t worth the chance of missing out on this amazing piece entirely. I missed out on V1 Jabba and throne back in the day and always regretted it, until I got one years latter, albeit at a lot more than it originally retailed for. Made sure I didn’t make that mistake again with this one.

Theory only but they happen fairly often. Seems almost monthly. Sometimes it's only 10%. I just think the $100 off will be nerfed by $75 shipping...and then it arrives with a smashed Crumb.

Yeah, as was said earlier - you end up with a box filled with disturbing rattles of small pieces and a seller who doesn't want to deal with it. A box the size of a small car is not a fun thing to wrangle to UPS or the PO.

And Salacious was such an obvious example of something you'd make out of plastic, not brittle resin.:gah: It also should have had real fur added instead of yet another sculpted-fur version.

One thing I didn’t mention is that because of the way his tail is sculpted hanging off the throne, the Jabba figure can’t really just sit on a flat surface. If they were to release a stand-alone version they would have to change that.

My guess is it would come with a simple 1/2" tall black oval stand that the tail would hang down/off from.

I don't remember ever taking this long to decide on whether or not to buy a toy
6a73a17560f6bba09c8c6fdf0929b343.gif
728db718b0274de1f4993acc414a78f2.gif

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Why would anyone think they would over-produce an $800 piece? I mean seriously. You think they want to have hundreds of thousands of dollars of product their not sure they can move sitting around? Or do you think it’s more likely they only made a certain amount over pre-orders in the event folks saw these pics and jumped on it... ? I’m just guessing, but over-producing a piece this expensive, unless it cost them virtually nothing to make, wouldn’t make much business sense (particularly considering the warehouse space it would take up).

Have you followed their premium formats at all? Lot of those linger and are just as large and similar in price.

15% off on ebay is substantial... IF it shows up on ebay and the price isn't gouged. Both seem unlikely.

Gotta remember that eBay usually caps their discount at some amount. Sometimes it’s $75, sometimes $100.

Edit: See Turd covered this. I’m waiting on some points then I may put this on flex and start moving some items I don’t need leading up to its arrival.

Last edited:
Part of me thinks this will be available forever... and part of me thinks the edition size is so small that it might go quick.

Dewback and Taun Taun might be good past performance indicators. I have no idea how long either of those lasted before they sold out.

I remember getting my Dewback and Taun-Taun many months after they sold out on Sideshow for less than retail. This could possibly be the case with Jabba..but then again, those pieces were $300/350. Hands down, this is the most expensive collectible I've ever purchased. I dread the day when I have to sell my original Jabba. It's going to be the biggest pain in the ass to ship.

Back