Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, they didn't answer any questions as to the materials being used for either Jabba or his throne.. I believe he said they hadn't made a final decision yet, or something. Like I said, it's gonna be a chunk of cheap lightweight plastic when people get it in their hands... That would suck.

Thanks for the update. I agree. I couldn’t imagine paying 800 dollars for a cheap lightweight plastic.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Something fishy about that, because their Bib figure scales well with it, and with the new one bigger, it'll throw off the scale and Bib shouldn't be more than 12" tall.

Their quoted dimensions do seem off compared to the size of the figure.

He didn't look that much bigger than the original in the video, considering the throne is now raised and Jabba now sits further away from the right hand side.

25939312147_e4a2270dac_o.png

Kuat of Kuat said:
Don't know if Sideshow has the correct dimensions listed for Jabba, but they would make him 15% too high and 15% too long.

star-wars-jabba-the-hutt-and-throne-deluxe-sixth-scale-figure-sideshow-100410-10.jpg

The dimensions I've read for Jabba are 5'9" x 12'9" (which would be 11.5" x 25.5").

Compared to Threepio here, he looks about right, which would make Sideshow's figures wrong:

star-wars-jabba-the-hutt-and-throne-deluxe-sixth-scale-figure-sideshow-100410-31.jpg

If they've listed the dais height correctly, then from this angle Jabba works out closer to 12" tall:

star-wars-jabba-the-hutt-and-throne-deluxe-sixth-scale-figure-sideshow-100410-13.jpg

I saw that one a few days ago, and noticed the wound didn't line up relative to the figure on the throne. Then watching the video I saw he was sitting further left than the original, not that it should affect the placement of the wound to the throne.

I'm not sure anyone would really say it's a bad sculpt, there's just some things off, and considering it's the more recent made one, you'd think the sculpt would be every bit as good as it's predecessor and better.

View attachment 399498

I can see where the "cartoony" aspect comes in, there's a lot of over definition in his rolls that wasn't present in the movie. The lower mouth sinks in too much under the corners of his mouth which is what's giving him the appearance of smiling rather than just following the shape of the mouth opening. Likewise, where his head meets his left shoulder casts a harsh shadow that makes it look detached and placed atop the shoulder instead of flowing into it. You can also see that some of his chin rolls are a bit over pronounced too.

I think we can all pick the picture that the sculptor used to make our point.

COMP 3-14-18.jpg

Last edited:
For $800, they should have simply done two different swap-out heads with different expressions, and hidden the joint in the deep midsection folds.

I agree. I would like an entire sculpted head.

But the extra parts do give you mix-and-match potential for up to nine different looks, right?

I can't find any pictures, stills or concept art, that show Jabba with a straight tail. Looks to me like it's always curled back towards him on the throne.

Only time in the movie I believe it shows the straight tail... and when Fett walks by...

star-wars6-movie-screencaps_com-1470.jpg

No, they didn't answer any questions as to the materials being used for either Jabba or his throne.. I believe he said they hadn't made a final decision yet, or something. Like I said, it's gonna be a chunk of cheap lightweight plastic when people get it in their hands... That would suck.

They are charging $800 and they don't know what its going to be made out of yet? Yeah right. Its going to be plastic and they are trying to not scare anyone off by saying it until they absolutely have to.

Last edited:
Its going to be plastic and they are trying to not scare anyone off by saying it until they absolutely have to.

Of course. They also won't say if they are making Jabba aliens because they only will depending on sales of this.

But you'd think a sudden release of v2 Gamorrean Guard and Bib Fortuna would only help sales of the overpriced Jabba.

They are charging $800 and they don't know what its going to be made out of yet? Yeah right. Its going to be plastic and they are trying to not scare anyone off by saying it until they absolutely have to.

Exactly, they must know otherwise no way they could have such a short window between orders and shipping. I agree they won't say the materials due to losing interest at that price. Great way to develop trust with their customers. Give us your money now with a 10% NRD, and we'll tell you later what it's made of and how much we'll over charge for shipping. :yess:

The original Jabba was good when our 1/6th collections were comprised of this:

review_anakin_5.jpg
Credit to Michael Crawford for pic

Jabba had a fantastic sculpt for sure, which was savaged by a piss poor paint job where Sideshow really seem to have only a few colors to choose from. I mean, we all know what Jabba looks like and this strangely pale paint job wasn't it. Looks like a dead Jabba.

I was so disappointed that I've never had my Jabba on display since 2007.

Not sure who's picture this is:

sideshow jabba original (2).jpg

I've also since noticed the inaccuracy of the suddenly slim tail as it curves. More like a tentacle than a tail.

time to get our old jabba`s a new paint scheme. it would been nice to have them sold separate like the original release so we could upgrade our jabba`s instead of coughing up a lung to get it.

Something fishy about that, because their Bib figure scales well with it, and with the new one bigger, it'll throw off the scale and Bib shouldn't be more than 12" tall.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=399460&d=1521079318

But... there’s also the issue that the original apparently isn’t in scale. It’s too small... they say.

They also say on the official pics that their new Jabba is 13 1/4" tall - which would make him over an inch taller than a regular figure. You have to wonder whether a company that posts such an obvious error knows what they are talking about.

As I wrote before, Jabba appears to be about 5'-6" onscreen, which would make him around 11" in 1/6 - the old one is 10 3/4" by my measure. 1/4" on such a large item is pretty negligible (and easily remedied if it bothered you.)

Yoda was $200 for one extra head and a couple logs. This gets you a 2nd head plus all those extra legs at half the price.

Salacious Crumb and Yoda aren't really comparable. Yoda has a unique fully articulated body, clothes, hands, accessories (and arguably more finely detailed headsculpt) - Salacious looks like an upscaled Hasbro figure with swivel legs and pop-peg heads. It's like saying a GG Jumbo figure compares to a Sideshow 1/6 figure.

The new Salacious has inaccurately thick arms and legs and a soft sculpt. The paint is more accurately reddish but that's the only improvement - overall side by side its an inferior sculpt and paint to the original.

It's not like it SHIPS in just over six months, right? Oh, wait... it DOES.:lol

Salacious Crumb and Yoda aren't really comparable. Yoda has a unique fully articulated body, clothes, hands, accessories (and arguably more finely detailed headsculpt) - Salacious looks like an upscaled Hasbro figure with swivel legs and pop-peg heads. It's like saying a GG Jumbo figure compares to a Sideshow 1/6 figure.

The new Salacious has inaccurately thick arms and legs and a soft sculpt. The paint is more accurately reddish but that's the only improvement - overall side by side its an inferior sculpt and paint to the original.

Well again that's why I put it at half of the Yoda value. :lol

Anyway, even if Crumb is over priced at $100 along with my estimates for Jabba ($250) and throne ($250)... it just shows you how far out $800 is to justify.

Back