Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I paid around $450 shipped for the V1 back in the day. It was about as much as I ever spent on one 1/6 piece at the time. I struggle with this being almost double the price.

Hah, I've still got my invoice email from 2007

Jabba $119.99
Throne$199.99
Freight$27.47
Total$370.65

Pretty wild how far we've come

Last edited:
I really miss my V1 Jabba set. I can?t decide if I want the new one or try and find a deal on the old one. I really like the display options on that new one but the price is killing me.

I thought it was too expensive when I bought it but considering that many 1/6 scale figures are now pushing $300 I almost consider it a bargain. It's a wonderful piece that I really enjoy.

Eh I mean some figures get close to $300, but more are in the $250 range. There’s still is quite a gap between that and $800. It just seems like a lot for one piece. Also I watched a review a bit ago and the box is massive. Not even sure where I would put it.

Last edited:
What I do love about the V.2 Jabba is he has a lot of personality, a good match to onscreen Jabba.

cLBXwgn.jpg

What I also love is that he's so good/realsitic that you really work extra hard to assemble his menagerie around him. He really inspired me to go the extra distance for my Cagoda Amanaman kit, as well as reboot figs like Leia Boussh and Gammy and make new figs like Lando and Fozec etc.

I guess when you see a piece come out so well it really has knock-on effects for your entire wider display. I probably wouldn't have some of these figs (or have just had the old versions) if they hadn't have done the new Jabba.

NQyQeNe.jpg

oOiOVav.jpg

You definitely will get the most money if you pack it up and ship with original boxes. I would also consider that Hot Toys might make that throne for Mando Boba Fett that sits on top the dais so you may want to keep that extra dais for yourself or wait a bit because I suspect the value of it will increase.

Yeah, there's a bunch of 3D sculpts popping up for the throne/chair so I'm just going to grab one of those and put Fett up on the V1 Jabba dais I have. It was so weird that I was within days of listing my V.1 throne on eBay then that final Mando ep pops up and I instantly knew I had to have a Fett-on-the-throne (with Bib tossed aside) display. I have a lot of extra boba parts and just need the black garments.

It's a fan service moment for sure but it really clicked for me that both Bib and Boba would do what they do in that episode long after the Sarlacc battle. And it's such a cool visual for a display - Boba sitting on a throne up on Jabba's dais with a dead, overweight Bib at his feet.

Hah, I've still got my invoice email from 2007

Jabba $119.99
Throne$119.99
Freight$27.47
Total$370.65

Pretty wild how far we've come

How did you get the throne for $120? It was originally $200 when it came out in 2007. I always thought it was strange that not only did they sell the throne and Jabba separately, they made different numbers of thrones and Jabbas. I remember thinking maybe some people just wanted him for D94 display but Jabba without the throne is a bit odd as a display otherwise.

And $450 in 2006/07 is around $580 today, even just with inflation. The new V.2 is indeed close to $800, but it's about 15% larger than the V.1 and has quite a lot of swap-out pieces. The accessories are MUCH better on V.2 also (both fabric and paint ) V.1 you even had to buy Salacious separately whereas V.2 he's included and has swap-out limbs. When you factor everything in, the V.2 is not hugely overpriced vs the V.1.

After getting drawn back into SW from watching the new Mandolorian series and seeing the finale when BoBa went back to Jabbas palace and took it from Fortuna, and from looking at this thread, and from seeing that SS offers this through Affirm...

I pulled the trigger on my ion cannon.. [emoji23]

Can?t wait to get it..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What happened to the one you ordered a couple years ago?

I thought it was too expensive when I bought it but considering that many 1/6 scale figures are now pushing $300 I almost consider it a bargain. It's a wonderful piece that I really enjoy.

True. I think part of the price struggle is that it’s not an intricately articulated action figure like some of the $250 to $300 figures are. More of a painted hunk of molded plastic, albeit awesome looking plastic, but a hunk of plastic nonetheless. The fact they designed him with swap out parts eases that sting a bit though.

What happened to the one you ordered a couple years ago?

True. I think part of the price struggle is that it?s not an intricately articulated action figure like some of the $250 to $300 figures are. More of a painted hunk of molded plastic, albeit awesome looking plastic, but a hunk of plastic nonetheless. The fact they designed him with swap out parts eases that sting a bit though.

Canceled it. Every time I said I was gonna get into SW, I?d back out, cancel and sell what little I had purchased. [emoji23]

Was getting really into prime1 stuff back then.

But I?m getting this for sure. Should get a notice next week. Will probably never sell it. Spent too much on it and would not make much off it probably.

Always loved ROTJ and Jabba either way so.

Canceled it. Every time I said I was gonna get into SW, I?d back out, cancel and sell what little I had purchased. [emoji23]

Was getting really into prime1 stuff back then.

But I?m getting this for sure. Should get a notice next week. Will probably never sell it. Spent too much on it and would not make much off it probably.

Always loved ROTJ and Jabba either way so.

Oh, ok. Cool. Looking forward to some pics. I’m this close to getting it. I’d love to get a whole ROTJ display set back up around Jabba.

Oh, ok. Cool. Looking forward to some pics. I?m this close to getting it. I?d love to get a whole ROTJ display set back up around Jabba.

Yeah that?s what I was thinking. Probably gonna be my main focus for right now. They need to make more creature figs.

Is the current Jabba being sold an updated version of the older one that also had the throne? I have seen some listings for older ones and was not sure if there was any differences.

Is the current Jabba being sold an updated version of the older one that also had the throne? I have seen some listings for older ones and was not sure if there was any differences.

Yes, new sculpt, new throne, new everything. Here’s a comparison pic I found in this thread with new on the left and old on the right.

165BBA44-ED8E-4712-AAC2-8066745857B2.jpeg

Man, I would love to see Hot Toys take a crack at Jabba, just to see what they would do. Moveable glass eyes. Poseable tail. Poseable arms and fingers.

But the new Sideshow one is really great. I'd still love to own it.

Man, I would love to see Hot Toys take a crack at Jabba, just to see what they would do. Moveable glass eyes. Poseable tail. Poseable arms and fingers.

I think these features would boost the price some more, and as the current Sideshow price is considered to be high (which it is), I'm not sure if they would sell that much.

I believe Hot Toys makes big selling figures more likely than this, and I'm not sure how it all works with the licenses, as Hot Toys doesn't seem to make much of the Jabba's Palace area.

Comparison of the V1 vs V2 price as done above is not totally fair by the way. V2 has a lot of extra's and includes Salacious Crumb with 2 sculpts / sets of arms and legs.

Then there's the extra mouth pieces, extra arms, the pillows / cups and the paint job does a much better job.

The V1 is completely plastic, the new one is of fiber glass I think?

All in all, how expensive it may be, I believe it is worth the money.

I'm afraid HT would make Jabba out of the same rubber they used for ED-209.

I do quite like the way Sideshow made Jabba a statue with switchouts. But it would have been nice if they made the mouth with the tongue hanging out more accurate to the film.

Yes, new sculpt, new throne, new everything. Here?s a comparison pic I found in this thread with new on the left and old on the right.

View attachment 502935

What this side-by-side doesn't show is the size difference - the new Jabba is also maybe 15% bigger than the V.1.

The quality on the accessories in some cases is really stark - the animal skin Jabba sits on is really just a basic brown chamois material that has a pretty simple template cut-out. On the V.2 it looks and feels like a real animal hide shrunken down to 1/6. And the new V.2 pillows have a beanbag effect that makes them look extremely realistic vs the very simplistic (or resin) pillows of the V.1.

Interesting question as to how HT would attempt a 1/6 Jabba - some of this sounds cool but I really don't see how it would work in practice.

For example the eyes would need open/narrowed eyelids to get the expressions, so just traditional PERS doesn't really cover it. Then there's the different irises. I'd argue the subtle changes to the eyes (lids and irises included) is mostly what gives Jabba his expressive quality.

And real-rubber on a $1000+ set would really concern me too given HT's record with deterioration - they even have problems with pleather. It would be super cool for the first year or two then the first reports of problems would trickle in. End up like those people who bought the rubber SSC Salacious.

All this leaves you back with something closer to what SSC did on V2. My ideal Jabba would have 2-3 head/chest/arms pieces with different Jabba looks (leering, talking animatedly etc) that have different eyes/arms poses rather than all the swap-out pieces. That way you get a spin waist joint too. A movable tail tip would be cool but I would imagine most people wouldn't really use it much.

:drool

Wonder what a realistic cost range would be for something like that.

The McFarlane Aliens Queen figure back in the day had a poseable tail that obviously had ornate design to it. But that thing ended up breaking easily, and the rubber (although not likely to be at risk for deteriorating) wasn't the type that Hot Toys would use. Still, their ingenuity makes me think it'd be possible. Poseable rubber bodies, and poseable 1/6 human hands, have been around for a while. Maybe it's not entirely out of the question.

For me, the V1 is still the more accurate sculpt and has a truer colouring. Unfortunately it?s let down by being slightly under scale.

Back