1/6 Sideshow 1:6 Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6f99c407bfc73874b92ad639640de7af.jpg

This is just crazy to me

I'd say there's a decent chance for an updated Henry Sr as well (given what a memorable character he was and the fact that, oh yeah, it's freakin Sean Connery), but anything beyond that is probably unlikely.

The old SSC Henry is pretty damn good - actually one of SSC's best-ever figures. Swap out the bow-tie with the cloth Medi one and you've got a figure that pretty much holds its own today. I got it off eBay for about $50 from memory - any updated Henry would be in the $250 range.

It's the other side of this problem - ANY new Indy-universe fig will be over $250. I mean if Indy figs didn't sell at $60-90, what chance do they have at $250?

Maybe a reissued Henry head would be good - The TOD headsize is a big drawback for me because I want a pretty vast Indy display with maybe 15 characters, and some of those have the older, bigger SSC heads (the SSC Henry head has to be 20-30% larger than the SSC TOD head.)

Wow. I'm very surprised it sold out! I was sure it would linger and be on super sale during Spook. Maybe they only made a limited amount this time.

Given the way Indy 1/6 merchandise has at times sat on the SSC site for years, I can't imagine SSC made a huge number of TOD Indy's though.

Or maybe the figure turned out in-hand miles better than expected, and that pleasant surprise turned into enthusiasm, and created a buying momentum amongst collectors.

Just picked up SS TOD Indy at a local comic store. I had the old Raiders SS figure so I threw on the jacket from that one. Now I have a 100% Sideshow Indy figure that has no idea which movie he is in, but looks great with my Indy books and movies. here is a quick cell phone pic...
MySSTODINDY.jpg

I don't post much (understatement of the decade) but the fun I've been having lately with this figure warrants some picture sharing. Far from a perfect Indy, but a must have nonetheless.

McCOg4d.jpg

9IkiTq5.jpg

9Eo7KpM.jpg

And a very quick photoshop after attempting to replicate that particular frame:

kob4MPl.jpg

Current pose right now. A pity, that seam... but it beats the awful fedora:

5kr1UyO.jpg

Back