1/6 Sideshow 1:6 Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know what you guys are talking about...this is still the best Indy sculpt I've found...

Custom Raiders ROTLA 1 6 Indiana Jones Harrison Ford Head Sculpt for 12" Figures | eBay

attachment.php

"Wow! Holy Smoke! Crash landing!"

I swapped the gas mask bag over with the one from the SS ROTLA figure. The thinner, unstitched and more distinctly leathery older strap is a big visual improvement. The bag itself is tucked back behind the coiled whip so you don't see much of it.

I've kept the TOD bag on display by have it laying open on its side with a Sankar stone visible inside.

Really, 12BarBlues?! The Grove sculpt is good with a quality repaint, but I still don't think it's as good, or as Ford, as the Inigou. Both of these are painted by the same guy, Mark Simpson. image.jpeg

My first introduction to Indy was seeing the paperback novelization in WH Smiths and reading it before the film actually released.
I kept the book, so it remains my earliest piece of Indy memorabilia.
But I still can't find out who did the cover artwork.

Does it not say on the inside cover on the page with the ISBN number / publisher details? Used to on some of the older books 'Cover Art by....' or something.

Really, 12BarBlues?! The Grove sculpt is good with a quality repaint, but I still don't think it's as good, or as Ford, as the Inigou. Both of these are painted by the same guy, Mark Simpson. View attachment 248048

Just my opinion, but I don't see more Ford in those pics you posted. Perhaps less "softness" to the sculpts but I also see a caricature quality to the ones you posted.

I'm not saying any one is definitively better. Harrison's face is like the cave on Dagobah. What's in there? Only what you take with you...

From licensed figures I still think the German disguise Indy from Sideshow had the best likeness.

From licensed figures I still think the German disguise Indy from Sideshow had the best likeness.

I forgot about that one - it was very good. At the time I went through the trouble of prying the uniform cap off of it and trying it instead of the stock ROTLA head. But as bmarz said it was almost comically oversized.

As a casual collector of 1:6 I have to say the focus on the face with the glaringly awful looking neck attachment is really odd. We focus so much on the facial likeness wanting it to be as lifelike as possible, yet the neck ruins the illusion every time, let alone the jointed elbows with the rolled up sleeves.

I've been collecting these things for a while, and I have to admit I've never been bothered a bit by neck joints or elbow joints. For me a figure doesn't have to look completely seamless to still look really damn cool on the shelf.

Although that being said... I do agree the elbow joints on this figure are a bit more weird looking than usual. Lol

I almost never pose human figures completely in profile so the neck seam never jumps out at me or is ever really visible. I really like the neck head combo like Obi-Wan and Bespin Luke, but it really does take away some subtly of expression.

When are other Freaks due to get their Indy figure? Excited to see more pics.

Back