1/6 Sideshow 1:6 Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is it me or they added more pics ? I didnt see this ones before.

3914-indiana-jones-temple-of-doom-007.jpg3914-indiana-jones-temple-of-doom-012.jpg3914-indiana-jones-temple-of-doom-016.jpg

The news about the eye system comes as a huge relief. I cancelled both Hoth figures because of those eyes, and am happy that I don't have to keep watching to determine whether I need to cancel this one. With sculpted, painted eyes...I will keep my order in.

The news about the eye system comes as a huge relief. I cancelled both Hoth figures because of those eyes, and am happy that I don't have to keep watching to determine whether I need to cancel this one. With sculpted, painted eyes...I will keep my order in.

If you never saw them in person...I'll tell you...you missed out on two really nice figures.

If you never saw them in person...I'll tell you...you missed out on two really nice figures.

Yeah, they are really are both excellent figures overall. The only one (at least in-hand for me) that was an issue was hatted Han, and with the fur hood in place even it looks pretty damn good. I think they varied a bit.

The issue with Indy is that there are many outfits that work, many bodies that work, but NO heads that work even close to 100%. If this SSC TOD sculpt nails it, this will be THE head that EVERYONE uses (so the release everyone buys,) regardless of what they have on now. This sculpt will show whether SSC can close that gap with HT in terms of finish - or not. Let's hope the notorious SSC apps and finish don't sink another great SSC sculpt.

So happy to hear that they're ditching the ****** separate eye system.
Too bad so many sculpts were ruined by it before they gave up.

That's great news about the eyes! If this comes out looking like the prototype, it's a purchase.

Don't usually weather up my figures all that much, but this one will be crying out for more battle damage just like the pf did when it was released from what i can see.

I had the hoth han in hand and couldn't get past the asian look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it comes without the sleeve, it must be weathered up. View attachment 189541

See thats what i'm saying right there, indy's shirt is barely hanging on by a button or so. When comparing the figure with your pic, alot more BD needs to be done to it to make it screen accurate. I guess it all depends on the look each person is going for.
For me, i'll be adding alot more!

I've got the Hot Toys jacket ready.
I have the Temple of Doom premium format for the shirtless look. I want this Temple figure on my shelf to represent the end of the movie when is back at the village. Something different.

I've got the Hot Toys jacket ready.
I have the Temple of Doom premium format for the shirtless look. I want this Temple figure on my shelf to represent the end of the movie when is back at the village. Something different.

Same choice for me. I don't have the HT jacket yet, but I'll be getting one for my TOD Indy. It'll look more comprehensive with the battle damage.

Not really got much on PO for the rest of the year barring a few HT and SSC figures and some custom figures and my eyes have been turned viewing this Indy. I'm seriously thinking of picking him up when he hits these shores. :yess:

This is one figure I didn't think would ever get made. I had been contemplating making my SS Indy into a ToD version until I had heard about this. I preordered as soon as I could.

Now if I could just get a Hoth/Bespin Leia to go with my ESB Han.

My finger was hovering over the 'Cancel PO' button because of the poor quality of Snake and the whole eye thing with other figures, but I'm glad to hear they've done away with the separate eye thing. I'll have to check in here more often.

Back