1/6 Sideshow 1:6 Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But yeah, the paint on both Luke and Han's faces doesn't have much HT-style gradation and it is definitely a shade too dark brown complexion-wise on both (a bit like the Tauntaun facepaint actually.) Both hatless sculpts are awesome, hatless Han (which I don't think Rorywan has) to me is noticeably batter than hatted Han. Both hatted heads - Luke and Han - do have a more dead look. Same face sculpts as the unhatted obviously but I think the hat construction distorts the face/eyes somehow. Still look really nice overall, just a little off.

Definitely agree that the complexion is a bit too dark on both Han and Luke. I think they got it more right on the exclusive Luke, which also probably photographs a bit better than the tan sculpts since cameras color correct and wash out those sculpts a bit--plus the battle damage helps, which is promising for Indy (I was jealous of the exclusive Luke on eBay we saw and then I photographed mine and realized it's just as good).
Don't agree about hatted vs hair sculpts though. I'm totally more on board with the hatted sculpts, though I've warmed up to Luke, so maybe I'll do the same with Han at some point. Again this bodes well for Indy, though maybe not for everyone.

They got a tan because of their ski-ing vacation ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interestingly, they aren't much darker than SSC Toht from years ago. Though dark/red-faced Toht sorta works for the sweaty Nepal bar scene.

I have faith in this, but I ended up cancelling it and eating the NRD. I'm trying to keep my collection to one character iteration only, and I already have the HT Indy. What I did instead was bought the old SSC Henry Jones, and a black tie for Indy, and went with The Last Crusade look.

Definitely agree that the complexion is a bit too dark on both Han and Luke. I think they got it more right on the exclusive Luke, which also probably photographs a bit better than the tan sculpts since cameras color correct and wash out those sculpts a bit--plus the battle damage helps, which is promising for Indy (I was jealous of the exclusive Luke on eBay we saw and then I photographed mine and realized it's just as good).
Don't agree about hatted vs hair sculpts though. I'm totally more on board with the hatted sculpts, though I've warmed up to Luke, so maybe I'll do the same with Han at some point. Again this bodes well for Indy, though maybe not for everyone.

I actually think these look good...will be happy enough if Sideshow gets this level of quality on Indy.
The darker tan will work fine for a Temple figure as well.

Can't believe I didn't see this until now, a must buy buy for me. Absolutely love the haggard and torn look Indy has for the last third of the movie in this attire.

I guess I should repeat this info here too:

Yeah, seeing X-Wing Luke in person was pretty sick, but knowing it will probably be a big step down in production is a bummer. That figure is ****ing amazing! At least the separate eye system won't be involved. According to Mat Bischoff, the separate eye system will not be used on Luke.

He said Sideshow hasn't abandoned the separate eye thing, but are looking for a different factory who can do better with production. So it could be back in later figures :dunno

Can't say much more than that. Luke will be a solid sculpt and future release may or may not have the separate eye system if they can get better results in production. That's long and short of it.

Good news if Sideshow abandons the new eye thing altogether. Hopefully they won't use it on Indy!

If the final product lives up to the prototype I will probably bite the bullet, maybe buy him a jacket since I don't have any other Indy's.

I love the HS on this. I want the SS EX for the stones, but the NRD has me holding off for now.

While I anxiously await this TOD version of Indy, I took my KOTCS version on a little trip to the desert for a couple shots....off topic,but....a little side trip while we wait.... :)

....I still really like this version. I hope this new TOD pne comes out looking good too....

While I anxiously await this TOD version of Indy, I took my KOTCS version on a little trip to the desert for a couple shots....off topic,but....a little side trip while we wait.... :)

....I still really like this version. I hope this new TOD pne comes out looking good too....

That first pic reminds me of the start to Last Crusade! Don't worry, november will be here before you know it.

Well if we dont have problems by then. Remember that last year plissken was due in August and I got it february of this year.

It's Snow Canyon in Utah....one of my favorite places anywhere!

...and yes, it does have a great "Last Crusade" vibe going there....I hope Sideshow does that version someday too...

Love that sculpt, hate the hat. Looks way to small for the head sculpt. Still a great figure though and awesome outdoor pics. I need to get off my lazy duff and do the same with mine.

It's Snow Canyon in Utah....one of my favorite places anywhere!

...and yes, it does have a great "Last Crusade" vibe going there....I hope Sideshow does that version someday too...

Crystal Skull Indy makes a great Last Crusade Indy with a repaint. Yes, the hat is smallish but it still looks good.

photo-10_zpsd1977d1a.jpg

Medicom Young Indy would look nice in that shot!

Back