1/6 Sideshow 1:6 Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't hold your breath for more figures from TOD until actual sales for this Indy are complete. SSC has a lot to live up to. New body - Their ROTLA Indy was on the new Prometheous body and it was floppy as a wet noodle. They have to up their game with the sculpting and paint apps. I pre-ordered this, but I did Nathan Drake as well. Cancelled that one in a hurry when production pics were up. Thank God, it would have been a waste of money. These figures are to expensive now to just pay the money and customize. These companies have to deliver or eat the product.

I agree with everything you said in your post. But, it seems that many on here will not be satisfied with just indy from ToD. Collectors always want more.... :goodpost:

If they do that it would be a ****** move that Hot toys does. I'm still amazed HT did 60's batman and robin, we already know there will be no villains from that. Without Short round I might just cancel my pre-order.

I'm willing to give Sideshow the benefit of the doubt that they'll mak a Short Round, even if we have to wait a few years to get it.

I'm willing to give Sideshow the benefit of the doubt that they'll mak a Short Round, even if we have to wait a few years to get it.

I wouldn't bet on it personally - that's a real niche product you're asking for there. Hoping the Hot Toys price equates to Hot Toys quality...perhaps Sideshow have taken some pointers along the way.

How many kids have Sideshow made into figures?
They'd need to design a unique body, all the proportions would need to be carefully done, all the tailoring would need to be different to the standard 1/6 scale, etc...
They may do it ...I don't know ....but I seriously doubt it.

There is more chance of Mola Ram IMO

I think I am going to remove my Pre-order. there is no point in buying Indy because based on what everyone is saying there isnt going to be short round. This indy is pointless then.

Don't hold your breath for more figures from TOD until actual sales for this Indy are complete. SSC has a lot to live up to. New body - Their ROTLA Indy was on the new Prometheous body and it was floppy as a wet noodle. They have to up their game with the sculpting and paint apps. I pre-ordered this, but I did Nathan Drake as well. Cancelled that one in a hurry when production pics were up. Thank God, it would have been a waste of money. These figures are to expensive now to just pay the money and customize. These companies have to deliver or eat the product.

Yep those days of spending under $100 for a figure (that may need some tweaks) are over. All 1/6 companies are charging way more now - so MUST deliver the goods.

How many kids have Sideshow made into figures?
They'd need to design a unique body, all the proportions would need to be carefully done, all the tailoring would need to be different to the standard 1/6 scale, etc...
They may do it ...I don't know ....but I seriously doubt it.

There is more chance of Mola Ram IMO

Mola Ram would be so easy for Sideshow to do. There's really nothing to him but a mean headsculpt.

Eh, not getting a short round isn't a deal breaker for me.

He was such an endearing character too. :lol

Here is Quan in present day, apparently meeting one of us Freaks...

img_0582.jpg

No Shorty isn't a dealbreaker for me either. Unfortunately now with figures costing over $220, I would have to pass on Shorty and Mola Ram, etc. It's just too much money. I got all the Sideshow Indy figures and only skipped on the fridge ex and I wouldn't hesitate if the new figures cost $90-$150. I think I would maybe even go as high as like $190 and that would really hurt. But at the current prices I just can't.

I almost wish another company would have a go at this. Look at Star ACE. They got the Harry Potter license and actually made a decent younger Harry Potter. Maybe they could make a Short Round. Heck, I would even give HT's another chance at this. They screwed the pooch on ROTLA Indy, but I think they could get it right. There were other characters that I wanted to be made from ROTLA as well. I wanted a decent Belloq. The SSC one looked nothing like him. Again hit or miss with SSC. I just do not see why there is so much inconsistency with that company. I have been buying their products since 2007. They need to get some leadership over to China and kick some QC butt. They are trying to play in the big league now, and need to show that they can.

No Shorty isn't a dealbreaker for me either. Unfortunately now with figures costing over $220, I would have to pass on Shorty and Mola Ram, etc. It's just too much money. I got all the Sideshow Indy figures and only skipped on the fridge ex and I wouldn't hesitate if the new figures cost $90-$150. I think I would maybe even go as high as like $190 and that would really hurt. But at the current prices I just can't.

I know what you mean. I make decent money, but I have reached a point where Quality vs. cost is a big factor. I can't tailor or mod like some on this site. If I am going to pay these ridiculous prices, I want value for my money. The days of just buying it because I was a completest are over. It actually feels good to break that addiction.

The face looks better then the Hot Toys version. The big question is, if the final product have Hot Toys quality.

Who sculpted the face, Trevor Grove?

My only complaints are that the flesh on his back have no blood and the base design is not very creative.

I still think short round is important to film because he had as much air time as Indy in the film. I think due to scale he shouldn't cost more than $150 like r2. Even with cart. Which I really don't see a point in the cart unless it came with winni or whatever her name is because all 3 were in the cart. But he should come with torch and voodoo doll of Indy. The odds of maharajah is slim to none.
A cool set would be Winnie in her escape outfit with short round and cart or part of bridge to create an environment. Granted that would make a $300 dollar set very few people would buy.

Last edited:
usually SS stuff looks great when you PO it. It's the production pieces that scare me. That Nathan Drake whoa my Gahd

Yes, this. I actually don't know what to say about this, the price, the sculpt. Because I've learnt that these production pics are no way indicative of what you will actually get shipped to you. :lol

I think due to scale he shouldn't cost more than $150

Never understand this logic. You'd think it would actually be MORE expensive to make a smaller accurate figure -- more work to make smaller clothing work at scale even though you're using less physical material. There's no savings on sculptwork. Do you think there's an actual material savings because the body is 6 inches instead of 12? They have to make a new special box for the shape. Might be a small savings on shipping from Asia.

Something like R2 is pure sculpt and mold. Yoda, sculpt with a little robe. But Short Round has a full outfit (jacket, pants and shirt) plus shoes PLUS a baseball cap. And a knapsack.

Yes, this. I actually don't know what to say about this, the price, the sculpt. Because I've learnt that these production pics are no way indicative of what you will actually get shipped to you. :lol

That's okay, I plan to have Rorywan fully customise and improve mine....oh wait

Back