1/6 Sideshow 1:6 Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got Sideshow?s Recovery at Serpent Temple diorama(from the GI Joe line), perfect for my 1:6 scale Indy! [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might help if I attach a pic, lol [emoji23]

0475ed32f42c1dd5ab6c6eb1ef0fa231.jpg

Wow, that diorama looks absolutely perfect for Indy! Normally I don't care much for those giant environment displays, but this is one I would definitely want to pick up now.

Nice! :clap Did you pick that up off eBay? I was tempted by a decently priced listing last week.

Yup, just got it off ebay(its probably the same one you were looking at, got it for $225 + $25 shipping...sorry, lol)

Wow, that diorama looks absolutely perfect for Indy! Normally I don't care much for those giant environment displays, but this is one I would definitely want to pick up now.

Thanks! I was tempted to get the Tanis Map Room a few months ago, but couldn?t pull the trigger on it because of the huge space it?d require). But this one works nicely [emoji16]

I swear those G.I. Joe environments were purposely made to fit a more universal array of characters. They work great for Indy! The Desert Weapons Cache also works well for Tatooine.

Thanks! I was tempted to get the Tanis Map Room a few months ago, but couldn?t pull the trigger on it because of the huge space it?d require). But this one works nicely [emoji16]

The Tanis Map Room does take up space and isn't fully accurate but I love it since it is such a pivotal scene. The music is some of my favorite in the movie also. I need to get it set up again when I finish setting up my hobby room.

I swear those G.I. Joe environments were purposely made to fit a more universal array of characters. They work great for Indy! The Desert Weapons Cache also works well for Tatooine.

I?ll have to check that one out for my farmboy Luke and Old Ben! [emoji16]

The Tanis Map Room does take up space and isn't fully accurate but I love it since it is such a pivotal scene. The music is some of my favorite in the movie also. I need to get it set up again when I finish setting up my hobby room.

Definitely a great scene, and that diorama does look impressive as hell!

:exactly:

I liked that jungle temple one and thought about grabbing it a couple of years ago but it felt like it needed to be another 3 inches taller. Love the detailing on that one and the desert weapons cache one though - just perfect for Indy.

I think I settled on the hat I want for my TOD Indy. Seems pretty well in scale with the sculpt. I might try to thin out the brim with some sand paper though as it looks a little thick. Plan would be to get the head repainted.

71057467ee39c3c8adf5fe835a0f2418.jpg

de580dc60b5c67036e2215db511dbeed.jpg

It's the Jnix hat. The width of the brim and crown seems about right but it does look a bit tall for TOD at some angles. The HT hat is a good option too, really anything beats the stock hat.

This is my parts bin Indy. Most of the pieces have been sitting in the bin for years. The head is in desperate need of a repaint. The glasses are from the Depp/ Dillinger figure. I bought them for a John Lennon custom but the lenses fell out. So Indy has them. The drawing in the background is from my son from a few years ago. He wrote a note on it that he didn’t like the rendering of the hat.
E754E127-A1BA-47C8-841E-92143E1AD619.jpg

This is my parts bin Indy. Most of the pieces have been sitting in the bin for years. The head is in desperate need of a repaint. The glasses are from the Depp/ Dillinger figure. I bought them for a John Lennon custom but the lenses fell out. So Indy has them. The drawing in the background is from my son from a few years ago. He wrote a note on it that he didn?t like the rendering of the hat.
View attachment 486132

Love this! Awesome job! [emoji50]

Back