1/6 Sideshow 1:6 Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SSC - Temple of Doom - Indiana Jones

I just hope they don't show us an awesome sculpt... and have it turn out like Nathan Drake did.

This is my fear and exactly why I said I can't wait to see the final product. Drake is the definition of the disclaimer "prototype shown - final product my look different"

Hot Toys DX Indy coming 2017

Re: Sideshow Indiana Jones 1/6

Well this is great news! Highly unlikely but I hope we get a Mola Ram figure. The PF is one of my favorite statues.

So does this mean they'll blow the dust off the mine cart diorama piece the said they were working on aaalll those years ago?

So SS is now charging Hot Toys pricing but will they match HT quality? I'm probably going to sit these out and see how they turn out in hand. Not a fan of SS's bodies or larger heads. I guess with HT tied up with Marvel and DC movies, SS is probably figuring they can slide in some of their other licenses. The Star Wars license is going to be a bit murky. I'm also going to wait to see if HT does a rebel pilot Luke.

So does this mean they'll blow the dust off the mine cart diorama piece the said they were working on aaalll those years ago?

Hope so. Hopefully they do other characters now too... like Mola Ram, Short Round, Henry Jones, Marion, Elsa, Willie (I guess)

I'm guessing they'll save the mine cart to go with Mola Ram or Shorty, like they paired the pedestal with Belloq and the Ark with Toht.

But they will probably wait and see how well Indy sells before they decide to do more figures...

But they will probably wait and see how well Indy sells before they decide to do more figures...

I would love to see this line come back but I don't think there is a market for it with all the stuff that Hot Toys is pumping out secondary characters in Indiana Jones aren't going to be very high on most people must have lists. If they have already spent a lot of research and design money on the cart, Mola and Shorty I could see them coming out but as for the rest as much as I want them I am figuring they won't happen.

Maybe now that Disney has the license, they are releasing it to fulfill some contract so they can keep the license when the new movie eventually comes out?

If the secondary characters are all priced at $240+, then my decision to buy will be a pretty easy "no".

Unless, mine cart.

First impressions. Sculpt looks ok. Need more pics.

no way the leather work will look that good on the final product.

Body is huge improvement over HT's roid rage warrior.

Body is huge improvement over HT's roid rage warrior.

You mean that hairless, plastic looking thing with a different color than the sculpt? Nah...Ford had a good built for a normal guy. If there's something HT got right, it was the body, clothing and accessories.

body skin tone and headsculpt skin tone , don't match :(, the sculpt isn't too bad and is growing on me, but need to see other pics.

Woot, woot! Glad to see this is happening and from my favourite Indy film. Just from that one pic it already looks great, better than ht for sure.

I am sure Sideshow's painting has improved since their first Indy release and the body has to better than that one as well.

I am getting my hopes up that will be a great release. Don't disappoint me Sideshow.

Back