1/6 Sideshow 1:6 Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this head sculpt considered better than the Hot Toys DX05? Might be looking for these since HT doesn't seem to be making a new one.

Is this head sculpt considered better than the Hot Toys DX05? Might be looking for these since HT doesn't seem to be making a new one.

It's an excellent likeness and paint that comes about 9/10 of the way to HT level.

The significant thing that always needs to be mentioned about the SSC TOD Indy head is that it's about 10-15% underscale to my eye - a tad smaller than the smallest of the newer HT heads. I ended up placing it on a smaller body to compensate for this, and I also separated him a bit from the other SSC Indy figs, because the difference in scale over the older figs (whose heads were 15-20% overscale) is almost funny. Even next to somewhat newer SSC figs like Luke X and the Hoth figs, it's quite noticeable.

It's not a huge thing because most people just have a single Indy on display, so it's not like a underscale Han head that needs to be displayed next to a Luke and Leia that have larger heads.

One more thing - to me the SSC TOD head gets a 9/10 for likeness with no hat, but (just like the HT Indy head) I find the likeness diminishes a bit for some reason with the hat on. The SSC TOD hat isn't a great sculpt either.

Not sure if anyone has tried this before or not, but I was just putting my collection back on display and tried the Medicom hat on this figure and think it looks pretty darn good! Fits perfectly too. What do you guys think?

IMAG04393.jpg

IMAG04402.jpg

Sorry for the crappie cell phone pics, camera is packed up still.

Well I couldn't resist picking up Indy on eBay. Granted the whip and fedora are iconic but so isn't the jacket so I had to picked one up as well.

Great figure imo. Sideshow definitely ups it's game with this one. Great sculpt and details.
dc268bfcfcf98a61a0c1a088e5901091.jpg
60f38d552a6f956f35dff900b007a360.jpg
10aaf6ac9afc600e1f90f91f8d8170a4.jpg

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

Well I couldn't resist picking up Indy on eBay. Granted the whip and fedora are iconic but so isn't the jacket so I had to picked one up as well.

Great figure imo. Sideshow definitely ups it's game with this one. Great sculpt and details.
dc268bfcfcf98a61a0c1a088e5901091.jpg
60f38d552a6f956f35dff900b007a360.jpg
10aaf6ac9afc600e1f90f91f8d8170a4.jpg

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk
Beautiful Indy collection!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

yes I know but I open figure just yesterday and do one quick photo. One hand is missing in my pack. I only have 10 hands . One window was empty :(

Back