Sideshow 1/6 Idol Pedestal???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Consider this - SSC does not have the license for diorama pieces for Indiana Jones. So the ONLY way to offer the pedestal is to include it with a figure.

So think about it before complaining too much about getting a 1/6 idol pedestal!

A licensing issue never even occurred to me. I still don't get why it's packed with this version of Belloq, but at least now I understand why they're packing a large environment piece in with a figure.

What don't get is why Toht was not the second figure. I think Belloq looks like a great figure but it is so spartan and not the most interesting visually.

Cause Belloq is the main villain, not Toht. Belloq is Indy's opposite.

If Belloq is just a guy in a suit, then Toht is just some guy in a black coat with a burned hand.

Cause Belloq is the main villain, not Toht. Belloq is Indy's opposite.

If Belloq is just a guy in a suit, then Toht is just some guy in a black coat with a burned hand.

That is nerdy looking and has a speach problem. :lecture Come on guys!

How about exclusive Belloq with the idol environment and regular Belloq with the ceremonial outfit. Win-win situation for Sideshow!

How about exclusive Belloq with the idol environment and regular Belloq with the ceremonial outfit. Win-win situation for Sideshow!

Which is a completely different figure that would take it's own development time. That's a pretty elaborate costume.

If they had released the pith helmet Belloq with the environment (which is the costume that makes sense) then people would complain that it's not the iconic white suit.

If they had released the pith helmet Belloq with the environment (which is the costume that makes sense) then people would complain that it's not the iconic white suit.

I don't know, it doesn't seem like people are exactly going crazy over the suit. I think the safari outfit might've been more visually interesting.

Consider this - SSC does not have the license for diorama pieces for Indiana Jones. So the ONLY way to offer the pedestal is to include it with a figure.

So think about it before complaining too much about getting a 1/6 idol pedestal!

Of course they HAVE the license to make diorama pieces. They are making diorama pieces and charging money for them. Do you honestly think there is some loophole in a lucasfilm licensing agreement that you can make pieces you don't have permission to if you pack it with a piece you do have permission to make and charge more for it?

Of the 3 Belloq costumes I prefer the white suit version just a tad more than the ceremonial version. I would've hated the pith hat one so at least there's that. I doubt this figure would sell without the idol exclusive, and SS prolly figured the same. I wish the pedestal was packed with a character I really wanted such as Marion or Toht, but at least it isn't with Monkey Man or Satipo.

I would've preferred the pedestal separately of course, and do feel somewhat duped into getting a figure I didn't want, but I've resigned myself that Belloq will join the collection and I'll be paying $150 for the pedestal with a figure accessory. Maybe I'll use the Pro body for some kind of custom figure or just sell Belloq.

I have a feeling there will be a LOT of these on ebay. Why even bother offering the regular.

Yeah. It'd had very little resale value if it were on the Buck. People will buy the unwanted Belloqs for the Pro body at least, but prolly no more than $40-50 I'm guessing. :rolleyes:

Belloq may have been the main villain, but Toht was the one that scared the crap out of me as a kid. I am pretty sure I am not alone in that aspect.

mommiedearest.jpg

:lol

Of course they HAVE the license to make diorama pieces. They are making diorama pieces and charging money for them. Do you honestly think there is some loophole in a lucasfilm licensing agreement that you can make pieces you don't have permission to if you pack it with a piece you do have permission to make and charge more for it?

Feel free to not believe me. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back