Sideshow 1/6 Idol Pedestal???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow 1/6 Idol Pedistal???

Well I guess I won't be getting the pedestool then. Seems like an odd move to make it come with Belloq. I would rather have this for Indy than the torch and dart. Of course I suppose depending on the price I could always get it anyways (I'll just look at it like getting a free Belloq with the pedestool).

:lol I swear I was typing my final statement as Wor-Gar was posting his. Great minds, eh?

Indy's a property that'll be going the way of choosey for me. I love the movies, but as far as collectibles, with so many other properties I like being made, I'm going to stick with certain characters and representations in the Indy line, and Belloq in a suit doesn't draw me in to keeping him.

Looks great. Will it come with yet another 1:6 Idol??

Highly unlikely, but if anyone wants Belloq and not the idol dio, let me know, I'm going to order one but I don't care much about holding onto Belloq.

Hmmm... I might take you up on that. Not really interested in the Pedestal, but if I could get a cheap(er) Belloq that might be cool.

I'm curious to see this cost on this. I still can't wrap my head around it, such a bizarre move.

I'm curious to see this cost on this. I still can't wrap my head around it, such a bizarre move.

It really is... a pack-in larger than the figure. And its not even like you see him near the pedestal and when he takes he idol from Indy he's in a different outfit?

Last edited:
I'm guessing this is around $120-$140, 2 pack cost.

I stand behind my statement earlier. It feels like pairing these two is to get people to buy Belloq, I'm sure overall, more folks will want the dio for their Indy figures than the Belloq figure. So the curiousity I have is, why make the Belloq and not just do figures that could sell on their own merrit and release the dio like the holochess set for Star Wars. It's a very intriguing play on SSC's part with this one.

Whoa!

If true that is precedent setting for SSC to include such a large environmemt piece with a 12" Fig. Have they ever done something like this before?

They haven't but if this does well it says volumes about the possibility of an Emperor with an Exclusive Throne in the SW 1/6 line.

When Sideshow first announced the 12" license I envisioned doing my own dio of a Palpatine on throne flanked by two royal guards with Vader kneeling before him flanked by two stormtroopers. But then I got in to PF and they took all my space.

That is odd for that version of Belloq to come with the idol stand. Maybe if he was wearing the clothes he was at the begining of the movie, it would be fine.

Very poor move on SS's part.
If Belloq had a stronger resemblance to Paul Freeman he wouldnt need the added inducement of the pedestal. They couldnt even get his gray hair right, geesh rent the flick next time.

SDCC08-SSCIndy-07.jpg

It looks fantastic. :rock

Any chance that the "mechanic" figure will come with the "Flying Wing"?... ;)

Back