Sideshow 1/6 Beetlejuice

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I bit the bullet and picked it up as my wife's Valentine's Day gift to me. Overall I'm digging it. The expression for sure can improve but imo I'm liking it. I darkened the eyebrows and lightened up the hair and I think it already looks better. The clothes and body are great. To each his own ! Lol IMG_7342.JPGIMG_7343.JPG

I really like mine also. I've already touched up the head, repainted the eyes and still plan to do more. I also added more padding to the belly and am in the processes of lengthing the neck. I'm trying to figure out how to mod the hair so he can tilt his head back farther. With how ive painted the eyes, it's needed.

I really like mine also. I've already touched up the head, repainted the eyes and still plan to do more. I also added more padding to the belly and am in the processes of lengthing the neck. I'm trying to figure out how to mod the hair so he can tilt his head back farther. With how ive painted the eyes, it's needed.

Would love to see pics of your mods!

Well I bit the bullet and picked it up as my wife's Valentine's Day gift to me. Overall I'm digging it. The expression for sure can improve but imo I'm liking it. I darkened the eyebrows and lightened up the hair and I think it already looks better. The clothes and body are great. To each his own ! LolView attachment 320916View attachment 320917

Nice pics much better than mine :eek:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks amazing Robbie - you've improved this figure immensely. Job well done.

I just bit the bullet and bought this figure myself. Unfortunately, due to my lack of skills, i will have to keep mine stock.

I have to admit... these last few pics do make the figure look better than I expected. Thanks for posting guys!

Gives me more hope that Ash will turn out solid!

Sallah

Looks amazing Robbie - you've improved this figure immensely. Job well done.

I just bit the bullet and bought this figure myself. Unfortunately, due to my lack of skills, i will have to keep mine stock.

Thanks dude.

It's not perfect stock but I liked it before the mods.
The clothing is pretty nice and the sculpt of the hands are so much better than HT's. Their hands are just all wrong.
I like the sculpt for this figure. The problem to me is the paint. Lalla is a great painters but he **** the bed on this one because for a production paint job, it's actually really close to the proto. He made the eye makeup way too purple. Even if it's accurate to the real thing, on film it looks much more black. He also rounded the tops because of that one picture. He also made the iris' too big for that expression.
I know the custom guys will shoot me but I personally like this sculpt after the rework better than any of the customs I've seen.

Thanks dude.

It's not perfect stock but I liked it before the mods.
The clothing is pretty nice and the sculpt of the hands are so much better than HT's. Their hands are just all wrong.
I like the sculpt for this figure. The problem to me is the paint. Lalla is a great painters but he **** the bed on this one because for a production paint job, it's actually really close to the proto. He made the eye makeup way too purple. Even if it's accurate to the real thing, on film it looks much more black. He also rounded the tops because of that one picture. He also made the iris' too big for that expression.
I know the custom guys will shoot me but I personally like this sculpt after the rework better than any of the customs I've seen.

Keaton really comes out with just the small change you made to the eye position. I'm thinking based on your feedback that I will be more than satisfied with it once I receive the figure.

Thanks for providing your thoughts. Can't wait to get it now.

Robbie, your work really brings out Keaton in this shot, I just really wish the hands matched the face color. It will be interesting to see all the results people will be getting with all the various mods that will surely happen.

Re: 1/6 SSC Beetlejuice figure

See, just a few tweaks and its not as bad as initially thought. The clothing is good and I like the articulation, more flexible hands etc my tiny weak to the thickness of the face turned out ok too and just thins him a little bit to be less bloated. It's the expression, always has been. Looking forward to getting the tombstone too, that should help add to it a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just saw the Michael Crawford review, and looking at the pics, the figure does look like Keaton

However, it looks like Keaton on the set of the film, out of character and thinking about what he's going to eat for dinner :lol

Still, it looks pretty good. I hope the price goes down, because 240 is too much.

1gpwfqL.jpg

Someone post these to the SS forum or facebook......what you did here is actually make the figure look like Beetlejuice.

They should take notes off your work good sir......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Someone post these to the SS forum or facebook......what you did here is actually make the figure look like Beetlejuice.

They should take notes off your work good sir......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hahaha thanks!
There is a winner hidden in there.

Holy cow, dude! Just the change to the eyes makes it look so much better. I can see now the problem with this figure definitely wasn't the sculpt. Amazing work.

Back