Statue showcasecomicsandstatues Ebay Seller

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CallMeTheDoctor: So you ordered in April and got refunded in October? I was under the impression that outside of the 30 or so days ebay gives protection, they'd basically say I was SOL.

Yeah that was last year for bombshell statues.

As for pre-orders it says ebay will refund you after 30. And I check their pre-order guarantee and basically says if you dont recieve the item when it is due, you can get refunded. Seeing as it might be a hassle. I may just open a payment plan with SS and just pass on eBay.

As for being shutdown, a friend who owns a comic shop said they could order some SSC stuff but items need to be requested at more than 3. He says he doesnt do it because if I am the only one buying, he'd lose profit if he doesnt sell the others.

So how can that be shady?

As for being shutdown, a friend who owns a comic shop said they could order some SSC stuff but items need to be requested at more than 3. He says he doesnt do it because if I am the only one buying, he'd lose profit if he doesnt sell the others.

So how can that be shady?
He has EXs that's why, which are not sold to distributors and even if they did why would they sell them so cheap, makes no sense.

Good luck, emailed last week asking about the status of shipping my item and haven't heard a word. Next comes asking for a refund, and then going thru ebay like you said you had...

Good luck, emailed last week asking about the status of shipping my item and haven't heard a word. Next comes asking for a refund, and then going thru ebay like you said you had...

I'd send them 3 messages or so, as it shows you have tried contacting. I sent another today, and will send one more tomorrow if nothing. Then I"m opening the case.

Weird little side note, also slightly messed up: but I had spoken with one of the outsourced areas in Maylasia about getting a refund about the bombshells, and when I was in the middle of the conversation, the lady screamed; "sorry sir, but there is an earthquake right now, can we call back?!"

I had to shout saying hang up and get to safety.....unfortunately 5 people died in that accident, kind of shows you what we take for granted.

Aside from that morbid story, I hope they answer back, as they did seem like nice people. Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong.

I've heard back! And will probably wait another week as they wanted to know what exact bust it was I was asking about a shipping date for. Still holding out hope it's just a sketchy seeming legit business...

Well, I did hear back, and was told the bust was being released in August. It being September now, my hope for actually getting this faded, and so I started looking at my options thru ebay about reporting the seller/item. A search for the seller yesterday informed me that the ebay account had either been closed by the seller, or had been suspended by ebay. I figured that was it, I'm out of my money with no recourse. I started talking to what passes for "customer service" on ebay anyway.

And then I received a shipping notification from Paypal and UPS this morning. Shipped and arriving tomorrow!! And so I wait and see...

I hope he sent it, but as a precaution I would video record the whole process, from the UPS guy getting out of the truck to actually seeing the item unboxed. Could be a brick in there. Let us know.

Hah, was actually worried about something like that or just an empty box. UPS says it weighs 14 lbs though, which seems the same as SS's site. No matter how this turns out, I'm never preordering anything on ebay again.

Yeah, I still really don't get how it would've been a money making enterprise. What I bought was $360 plus shipping from SS direct. Bought mine for $325 with free shipping (UPS ground, weighs about 14 lbs.) I don't get it...

I'm sure there is something. With how businesses run, sometimes there is a key component. Besides a resaler gets an incredible discount, so let's say they did that, well who knows. But i doubt they got the reason to do that.

Just came and it looks great! Seller didn't open the shipper, looks like they just slapped a new mailing address on. In this case I'm okay with that, I think.

Man, if he was legit, some people are going to be really happy with the thousands they saved on the LSFs. Oh well, not worth the anxiety in my opinion.

Oh, totally not worth it just for the stress and risk :lol Plus just because this was legit doesn't mean everything was/is... If he does come back (wasn't a member when I checked last), I personally won't be getting anything else thru showcasecomicsandstatues. Add to that having basically no return policy if an item has an issue... Just hope everyone gets what they paid for :)

Pre ordering on ebay is a risky business. Lucky Paypal have extended their protection up to 180 days. So if protection policy runs out with eBay, paypal will refund you the money. From my expirence, saved me! 180 days is about 6 months worth of protection.

Back