Show your pet, best friend, partner .....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h67b7.png

And you are disgustingly young...

Great pic of Bogie, Wofford;looks like he's made a full recovery...PS

No need to get your panties in a wad. I think Ski knows I was joking. So I'm not sure what being young has to do with being disgusting.

I apparently look much younger than I reall am because I can't even be in some malls with out getting asked for my id. Apparently I look younger than 16 :lol

Last edited:
Here's my festive pups (and my little dude).

Kittie on the left, and the newest addition, Monkey the Beagle on the right. (and that's Charlie in the middle).

66078_377200419038376_810753571_n.jpg

You named your Beagle" Monkey"?Plenty of room for species confusion there;do that to a kid and you'd be buying serious therapy.If you get a cat will you name it"Gopher"?These are important issues...PS

Love this picture! :hi5:

Thank you sir. It was a pain in the ass to get (was just me, with the two dogs and my son...), but totally worth it.

You named your Beagle" Monkey"?Plenty of room for species confusion there;do that to a kid and you'd be buying serious therapy.If you get a cat will you name it"Gopher"?These are important issues...PS

Story time I guess?

We had the Jack long before my son was born. My wife's grandfather always joked about getting a large breed dog and naming it Kittie for the irony of yelling 'Here Kittie, Kittie' and seeing this giant dog lumber around the corner. He passed and my wife named the puppy we got not long after in his honour. Granted, Kittie thinks she's a bigger dog than she actually is.

And Charlie (my 2 year old son) picked that beagle out of the litter and named him all on his own. So Monkey it is. He can pay for his own 'species confusion' therapy since he did that one to himself.

And there will be no Gopher the Cat, I'm allergic. :nana:

They always say "never work with animals or children." :lol

You pulled it off, though. Great pic! :duff

lol, yeah... especially with no back up. ;)

Here's one of just Monkey from yesterday. Our first snowfall (that actually stuck). He had a blast in it. It was a little windy too.... (LOVE HIS EARS!!)
375216_10151229925428229_1490558921_n.jpg

Today is a sad day. I took my two and half year old Hamster to the vets today because a month ago we found her on her side looking dead. She was cold and stiff but eventually she came round. She's been very wobbly on her feet and sleeping more than usual, occasionally sitting in one spot. We think she may have had a stroke. Last night she jumped up, got in her wheel and ran for about 3 seconds before collapsing in it. We thought for sure we would wake up this morning and she wouldn't be with us. I decided it was time to get a professional opinion from a vet. Turns out that she had a tumor in her tummy but the vet didn't know if she was suffering but said that she wouldn't last long and that it would eventually be very painful for her. The decision was an easy one to make but it didn't make the it any less painful. The vet took her into another room and then brought her back. I held her as she went to sleep. She was buried in my parents back garden and now I'm home and I'm feeling really awful about the decision I made. Whats worse is my cockatiel keeps staring at the space where her cage used to be.

Sorry to hear that mate. :( I had to decide whether or not to put my cat to sleep which I'd had for 20 years , you probably seen the post here.

I felt terrible after making that decision and couldn't stop thinking about it but after a while that feeling passed. I made the right decision as did you , if you've been told by a vet that they will end up in pain and will pass away anyway then it's definitely for the best to do it before they end up suffering too much.

I had a hamster years ago and it hated me :lol , I woke up one day and she had died with no symptoms before hand !. Hamsters I'd imagine aren't animals that shown their feelings much so it would be hard to even tell if they were suffering or struggling , you noticed the signs and I'm positive you did the right thing mate. :)

Thanks for your kind words mate. I didn't realize you had to do the same to your cat. Sorry to see that. Bloody hard isn't it.

Back