Show Your Halloween Decorations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Show Your Halloween Decorations 2007

I painted the boys Shifty and Lefty up as Jack O' Lanterns as a surprise to the wife if that counts...

I am excited to crack open all my Dead and Unimonsters for display! :rock

I'm excited to have my Hannibal and Michael Myers mask replicas to put out this year.

Never seen this thread before!!

Actually my wife and I started working on our setup last night!
It includes some of SS 8" Universal Monsters from way back!
Some McToys Movie Maniacs and Neca's Cult Classics, some Lemax items, Dia de Muertos stuff with altar and sugar skulls, a couple of Disney items, Nightmare Before Christmas and this year, I'll include MJ Thriller PVC's, a couple of SS The Dead and a Custom Thriller MJ I've been working on...
Stay tuned for pics!!! :rock!

I put out all sorts of stuff, NECA and McFarlane stuff, stuff from when I was a little kid, I usually get something new every year.

I'm actually packing some stuff away today making room and putting a few things up, that's what got me thinking about this thread again. I love Halloween, it's the most fun time of the year for me.

Starting to get things together.

SWH09_1.jpg

I'm still figuring out what to go where. I've got 2 light up pumpkins, a light up ghost house, that's in that photo between mean and DA's Myers figures, several NECA figures, a Bones Cones skull replica, I don't have it for Halloween decor but it works, my Hannibal mask and a few other odd trinkets, and anything else new I may find this year. I think I need a trip to Walmart to get some more LED's, I found this one kind that's a great spot light, works like the lights people put out on their lawns and makes me NECA Hannibal in cell look really creepy and cool, but right now I have just the one for my photography so I want to pick up a few more to just leave on display.

I'm thinking of carving a pumpkin this year, I haven't in a long time but I enjoy the challenge.

I think the best one I've ever done was Will Smith from Men in black, somehow I managed to get fine little lines to glow as his mustache, I was really proud to have pulled that off, I did a Darth Maul once too but that was a bit more basic. If i do one this year, I want it to be something that really tests my creativity. I enjoy the technical challenges of pumpkin carving, it's not like anything you can draw or print of your computer can just be cut in, you have to work out the logistics to make sure floating pieces have some means of support and all, it's a good problem solving exercise.

I may have a 1:1 Myers bust complete soon too, I've been checking out mannaquins on eBay and figuring out which works best to make it look sharp, I'll just throw an extra jumpsuit and t-shirt on it and throw my mask on there, should be easy. I don't need it to be like all resin and heavy like ones you buy, just really want to display my mask but not just a generic stand, I want a bust out of it.

This year I'm going to do an Arkham Asylum theme outside, nothing too complex, just put a Scarecrow out front and make a batman symbol to put in front of the flood light so it looks like the batsignal, maybe some fake vines in the garden wrapped around severed hands and legs.

This is why I would love to live in America, apart from the excellent customer service (which is second to none) you guys really go overboard at Halloween and Christmas.

In the UK were lucky to see 2 trick or treaters on Halloween night (1 came last year and knocked the door wearing a black bin bag - I kid you not!!) and nobody really bothers with it, shame.

Halloween is so fun, it's a Holiday that embodies what I love about movies and everything. I enjoy bizarre, other worldly designs and Halloween's full of them :)

For me it was about having fun with your childhood buddies, getting all dressed up in your favorite costume and messing your stomach up eating pounds of candy all while watching scary movies. That and having a birthday 4 days before.

:drool The fondest of memories.

I was allergic to chocolate and peanut butter as a kid so it was never about candy for me, my parents used to just get me a new toy as a consolation, I still have a couple of the ones they got me, work well as Halloween decorations. I did love dressing up though, was Godzilla a couple years, Batman a few, even a Pirate once, which I kinda wish I could do over again now because I'd be Jack Sparrow. I was Michael Myers in college once, that didn't end well. Was Darth Maul a couple years ago.

Hoping I have occassion to dress up the way I want to this year, last year I missed a party because of a wedding, and unfortunately the people I might go to parties with do themes and they usally suck, whatever happened to just dressing up. I'll either go out as Myers or Hannibal Lecter this year, depends on the situation, if it's a party the Myers mask won't get destroyed at I'll go as Michael, but I do want to be protective of the mask.

This is why I would love to live in America, apart from the excellent customer service (which is second to none) you guys really go overboard at Halloween and Christmas.

In the UK were lucky to see 2 trick or treaters on Halloween night (1 came last year and knocked the door wearing a black bin bag - I kid you not!!) and nobody really bothers with it, shame.

yup , the UK sucks. About 4 years ago 2 lads knocked on my front or trick or treating whilst another one nicked my bike out of the garden. :monkey1
:lol

It's never been too exciting here on Halloween , I try to enjoy it though. Watch a few freaky movies and try and have some friends over or something.

I was allergic to chocolate and peanut butter as a kid so it was never about candy for me, my parents used to just get me a new toy as a consolation, I still have a couple of the ones they got me, work well as Halloween decorations. I did love dressing up though, was Godzilla a couple years, Batman a few, even a Pirate once, which I kinda wish I could do over again now because I'd be Jack Sparrow. I was Michael Myers in college once, that didn't end well. Was Darth Maul a couple years ago.

How could we forget that story, didn't it end with you watching TMNT hating life? :lol

Back