Show Your Entire Batman Collection!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I honestly couldn't tell you with 100% certainty. I tried so, so many things and applied so many different solutions that maybe the suit just gave up and figured I was more stubborn than it. I mean I mixed black paint with a liquid vinyl normally used to seal up rips in upholstery, I mixed paint with acrylic sealer and varnish, I put electrical tape over the abs, left it for a few days, then took it off and mixed the adhesive that had joined with the oil with black paint and painted over the abs, and then finally I took out the makeup sponges I had been stuffing between the shirt and pants and put in some toilet paper instead, and that seemed to do the trick.

I'm mystified as to what finally did it myself.

How is the biceps on it? nothing I could do to stop them except keep wiping. I even had to use tissue below the plates and below the shoulder pads. They stayed dry as long as they were in there for weeks. Soon as I took the tissue out from below the shoulder pads, within 24 hours you'd have sworn somebody handled it with fish oil it was glistening so much. They oiled up worse than what the abs on both figure ever did.

Oh and by the way, your TDK collection looks ace. Batman Begins looks stellar all buff in that pose.

I've never had an issue with the biceps. I've checked them quite a few times, and I never saw any oil or anything on them.

It mystifies me because my figure was from the very first batch. I received it on Christmas Eve and I believe it had released like two weeks before. You would think that, having one of the first ones, I would be hit with all the problems, but nope...just the abs.

Thanks! I've got Snake Eater's Joker kit coming with the BillyB stuff among other things, so when all is said and done, with some other stuff I have coming from Manji, I'll have three Jokers with the DX clothes. So it'll be improved in a little while. :)

I've been holding back on putting pics up because it's my old setup. It's cluttered and a lot of my stuff is currently in storage. I'm building a new house so it'll all be brought out and correctly organized eventually. So lets call this part of the before...

Last edited:
LOVE the Joker and Catwoman busts! :rock

Gotta have someone paint up that Joker though! :panic:

2b9tza.jpg

241ld8w.jpg

34obnfr.jpg

Finished some small modifications on my Batman figures. I padded the chest of the OC Batman and replaced the Igforigno cape with the stock cape for the DX Batman and replaced the Joker hands with naked hands and a DX Joker head. Then painted the forearms and hands for the interrogation room scene. Lastly, I took the V1 Batman and put the Bruce head, sticky bomb gun and custom cowl on him. Enjoy...

a529ce6f.jpg

363d6b38.jpg

1fcdc0ed.jpg

d15ca72a.jpg

59ba3b43.jpg

Yeah that was the look I was going for. But the paint kind of went on too thick and I couldn't get it any thinner. It was either that or it kept wiping off. Thinking about taking it off the arms.

... and a little more. Tried to crop it down to focus on the Batman stuff mostly.

Those Batman Returns figures you've got mixed in there really bring back memories. I had the Penguin (and his Penguin commandos), the Bruce Wayne, and the Catwoman.

Always bugged me that the Penguin never looked like the Devito Penguin from the movie. As a kid, I assumed it was because they didn't want to "scare" children with the creepy look from the movie.

Only years later, as an adult, would I discover it was just because they were cheap and did a repaint of an 80s release of the Penguin!

Back