Show Your Entire Batman Collection!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rex... How long does it take to dust your bat cave?!
Your collection is full of nostalgia from my childhood. I can't believe you have the french fries packages from Mc Donald's. I collected all of the Happy Meal toys at the time, but never considered hanging onto the fries... I remember that picture on the display that has those fries on it too. I think it was in a coloring book or something like that I had. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha! No problem. As a kid, I remember distinctly asking the McDonald's person for extra unused French Fry packages. They looked at me like I was crazy, but I did it again when Batman Forever came out (don't have those currently on display - most of my Forever and Batman and Robin stuff is still in tubs in the closet).

I only dust my entire collection once a year, and as you can tell from a few of these shots, they're about due for it. I dust off the Hot Toys Batmobile more often, as it only takes a second. I dust the figures around the first of January, and it takes several evenings which I devote to books on tape or a terrible TV show of some sort that I don't have to watch. If I'm being honest, it's kind of nice to take the time and look at every individual piece while I dust it. Time consuming, but it helps me appreciate what I have more.

Ah. I'm actually just collecting the signature on the book. I have the digital copy for those books though so I can read it anywhere.

Thanks.

Glad you read the story and don't just lock the issues up! I've read a lot of comics digitally, and in trade, but I still prefer floppy issues, especially of older comics. Something about the look of the old paper and the smell. Brings me right back to the smell of the comic shop from when I was a kid.

I only dust my entire collection once a year, and as you can tell from a few of these shots, they're about due for it. I dust off the Hot Toys Batmobile more often...
If I'm being honest, it's kind of nice to take the time and look at every individual piece while I dust it. Time consuming, but it helps me appreciate what I have more.
I probably dust most of my collection less often... The detolfs get it once a year or so. It really does make me appreciate the pieces too. There's so much there that kind of gets lost in the mix until you're looking for something or dusting.
As for the Hot Toys 1989 Batmobile, I leave the shields on it to "shield it" from dust. That also makes for an anticipating reveal when a friend wants to check it out. Every time I uncover it, it's like Christmas over and over again!

I probably dust most of my collection less often... The detolfs get it once a year or so. It really does make me appreciate the pieces too. There's so much there that kind of gets lost in the mix until you're looking for something or dusting.
As for the Hot Toys 1989 Batmobile, I leave the shields on it to "shield it" from dust. That also makes for an anticipating reveal when a friend wants to check it out. Every time I uncover it, it's like Christmas over and over again!

This is the same as me. My collection is in the basement with minimum sun light, so not a lot of dust gathers, and the detolfs help a lot with keeping them clean. The only thing I clean more regularly is the outside of the detolfs, and even that doesn't get that dirty.

Got the NECA Batarang and it's lovely! Sure, it's cheap when you touch it but I did some weathering and a made custom stand for it out of scrap metal. :lol

23761618066_5812454ca4_h.jpg

That custom stand isn't in black - 2/10 :lecture spray paint it black! :lol

I might pick up the NECA Batarang, I've been meaning to get the Arkham Asylum one from the Collector's Edition since I've seen it pop up on eBay without the game.

That custom stand isn't in black - 2/10 :lecture spray paint it black! :lol

I might pick up the NECA Batarang, I've been meaning to get the Arkham Asylum one from the Collector's Edition since I've seen it pop up on eBay without the game.

I think the metal scrap gives it more contrast. :lol

As for the Batarang itself, it's only $30, so it's damn worth it, the LEDs and effects are pretty nice too. The only bad thing I could say about it is it's only cheap when you touch it, I had my reservations but for a display piece you really can't go wrong.

LEDs? I love LEDs! I'm sold :lol

The scrap metal is nice...but it's Batman! You don't need contrast :lecture

Just saw Rex's pics, wow! Amazing cave. I think I've seen your pictures somewhere...don't you have a website or were featured somewhere?

Back