Show Us Your Wii!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kabukiman

Greatest Person Ever
Reaction score
I saw this article over at Kotaku ( https://kotaku.com/5377313/show-us-your-wii-history ) and thought it might be fun to share your Wii game history. It's certainly an interesting way to see if you've gotten your money's worth. You can check your gameplay records by hitting the records button in the Nintendo channel. I couldn't find a feature like this on my PS3, and I'm not sure if the 360 has one or not.

Whatev. Here's my top ten:

Wii Fit 130 hrs 122 times
Animal Crossing City Folk 85 hrs 29 times
SSBB 47 hrs 23 times
Wii Sports 43 hrs 60 times
MLB Power Pros 32 hrs 19 times
Mii Channel 30 hrs 132 times
WarioWare 29 hrs 19 times
Metroid Prime 3 27 hrs 20 times
Internet Channel 25 hrs 65 times
Guitar Hero 3 24 hrs 17 times

I can't believe Mega Man 9 didn't make my list. :monkey2 It's certainly my favorite Wii game. It's somewhere in the middle of my list at 19 hrs, 26 times.

For those of you planning on posting something along the lines of:

Here's my list:

nothing 0hrs 0 times.

LOL Wii is teh suck!!!11!!! GAY!!1! GEARS OF WAR!!!one!!!1!!

That's very clever and you are a witty person, but I'm really more interested in real data so try to restrain yourself. :peace

Last edited:
I know I def didn't get my moneys worth, I rarely play wii, I'll def have to check out my hours

Like I said, it's the top ten. My actual Wii is 49 games long :naughty

Nobody else wants to play? :monkey2

That is because when you pulled your wii out you didn't let people see it's full potential. A wii at 10 people won't play, a wii at 49 then you will have some players!! :naughty

Top 5 because I'm too lazy to list the rest.

Boom Blox - 68 hours 46 times (this is THE party game for Wii)
SSBB - 56hours 32 times
Super Mario Galaxy - 42 hours 6 times
Wii Sports 39 hours 16 times
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - 38 hours 10 times

I haven't touched my Wii in months though...:( The next game I'll probably play on it is the upcoming Silent Hill remake.

Kabukiman I can't believe you've logged so many hours onto Wii Fit. Do you actually use it as part of your exercise routine or is it just for the fun and games?

Last edited:
I know I wasn't getting my $$$ worth from it. So I sold it a few months back and paid off every game I have on preorder.

Good decision. I don't see any big Wii titles coming out for the rest of the console's life span. At least, no titles I'll miss. I should have sold my Wii before the price dropped, but even then, I don't think my gf would allow me to do it. :lol

Kabukiman I can't believe you've logged so many hours onto Wii Fit. Do you actually use it as part of your exercise routine or is it just for the fun and games?

That time is split between my wife and I. It was part of my routine when I first started exercising and is the the reason I started exercising (sad, but true). I eventually "graduated" and moved on but it was a great motivator when I first started out. I'll probably check out Wii Fit Plus which just came out.

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - 85 Hours, 11 Min
Okami - 62 Hours, 47 min
Metroid Prime Trilogy - 43 hours, 47 min
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - 37 Hours, 26 min
Super Mario Galaxy - 25 Hours, 25 min
Super Paper Mario - 22 Hours, 40 Min
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles - 20 Hours, 23 Min
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - 15 Hours, 30 min
Punch Out!! - 6 Hours, 54 Min
Mario Kart Wii - 1 Hour, 23 Min

Odd, but Resident Evil 4 Wii isn't on my list for some reason, and I've definitely put numerous hours into it. o_O

I'm surprised that I put in 85 hours for Twilight Princess. Yes, I did beat it twice, the second time getting 100% completion, but it didn't feel like that much time.

I'm even more surprised that I spent 62 hours on Okami, considering I didn't even beat that game o_O

i_see_your_schwartz_is_as_big_as_mine_tshirt-p235856982518994024trlf_400.jpg

I haven't turned on my Wii in probably about a year and a half. I tried playing Twilight Princess (love the zelda series), but after about 30 hours, and I was only 20% done, I called it quits.

DinoLast why do you feel ripped off ? In what respect?

I might be buying one this Christmas for the family.

Cheers.

I enjoy Mario Kart and Mario Galaxy, but use of Motion play is minimal.
Game-cube Graphics and lack of games in the same caliber of Wii Sports, it's just a big let down. Ask most people who have one, and if they have a PS3 or an Xbox360 as well, they most likely play the Wii once in a Blue Moon

I enjoy Mario Kart and Mario Galaxy, but use of Motion play is minimal.
Game-cube Graphics and lack of games in the same caliber of Wii Sports, it's just a big let down. Ask most people who have one, and if they have a PS3 or an Xbox360 as well, they most likely play the Wii once in a Blue Moon

Well, if you look at Nintendo's track record since the N64, there were really very few games that were genuinely worth playing on their systems. I used my N64 and GC very selectively, and I dont really mind with the Wii either.

Actually, I've used my Wii a lot more than my 360. I don't think I've touched the 360 in nearly a year.

Calling motion controls a gimmick couldn't be further from the truth in my opinion. It adds so much in terms of immersion into the game world.... even on a simple game like Wii Tennis (or anything similar) which of played on a gamepad would be simply hitting a button at the right time to 'hit'.... when you're actually doing the moves to control it.. you get into it so much! It's easy to sit there and play simply by flicking your hand whilst sitting on a chair.... but I can NEVER do just that. I always end up taking up half the living room and really going for it like I was playing tennis for real.

Same goes with golf, baseball, bowling.... even parts of other games where you shoot a gun etc, or shine a torch or flick a grappling hook.... make the game so much more immersive.

Once again.... (as with virtually every gaming standard we have today) Nintendo innovates.. everyone else copies... and then it becomes standard. :rock

Back