Show Us Your Troops (Sideshow/Marmit/Medicom/etc.)!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha! And blasters, there will be blasters. I'm curious to know if imperial troopers will be improving their aim in the next series of movies????

There is nothing at all wrong with CGI as long as it's means to an end, the PT more than almost any movie I have seen is just about what they could do and then design the story around it. At least that's what it feels like.

There is almost no conceivable way I can be as dissapointed in the new movie as I was with the PT. Of course I am preconditioned to expect the worst now. :)

I'm hoping for MORE CGI, just to piss everyone off.

In this day and age it's impossible to make a movie like Star Wars with just practical effects. If people will get pissed off with CGI in Sci-Fi movies they should really cut their losses and move on to cheap straight to video horror movies...

Just saying.

As a fan of the PT I do kinda want these to be bad so more people appreciate the PT in retrospect. However it's Star Wars so I want it to be awesome.

Mosaicsquare. I agree with you, CGI is pretty necessary for scifi, practical effects can't always cut it anymore.

The big question is- what will the troops look like, a rehash of stormies or another update, I hope they get a new design that continues the evolution from clone ph 1 - clone ph 2 - storm - new trooper

In this day and age it's impossible to make a movie like Star Wars with just practical effects. If people will get pissed off with CGI in Sci-Fi movies they should really cut their losses and move on to cheap straight to video horror movies...

Just saying.
The key is the right blend obviously - but can JJ do that.

Hmm..

As a fan of the PT I do kinda want these to be bad so more people appreciate the PT in retrospect. However it's Star Wars so I want it to be awesome.

Mosaicsquare. I agree with you, CGI is pretty necessary for scifi, practical effects can't always cut it anymore.

The big question is- what will the troops look like, a rehash of stormies or another update, I hope they get a new design that continues the evolution from clone ph 1 - clone ph 2 - storm - new trooper
You know as soon as these new movies come out the PT will be looked at as classics and these new ones will get pummeled.

I'd imagine a new design is definitely in... just to sell toys. I'd love to something new.

The key is the right blend obviously - but can JJ do that.

Hmm..
True say.... who knows though too early to judge.

Last edited:
Who's to say there will even be stormtroopers in the upcoming movie? The empire may be long since forgotten and troopers along with them.

That's one of the things I want from a new Star Wars movie. I want stormtroopers to be legitimately scary, organized, formidable enemies. Think the first time you saw droids being deployed in ep. 1 crossed with clones. Such a cool design and idea shouldn't be wasted on canon fodder.

I could be wrong, but I have a hard time believing J.J. can't do better than the last three. I would like to see some bad guys like-able in a way you root for them to go good, like you did with Vader. I can see the new bad guy being turned into a hero and a good guy being turned into a villain.

As far as the CGI, there's going to have to be some for the background, but I really hope J.J. returns to the less is more philosophy. How awesome was Tatooine with a mix of modern and ancient times? It wasn't over the top and it was believable.

I agree with Black Magic, formidable stormtroopers that really make you fear their presence and any contact...much like Terminator. But I don't like the armor of the new films....maybe it's just my bias, but I just couldn't get into the new films. Lucas's mistake in my opinion was making the back history too rich with the icons of the OT. Lame! Boba Fett was fine as a bounty hunter, there didn't need to be relations between the OT and the new films characters. J.J. should build new characters with no ties to the old heroes or villains.

Just start new J.J........please.

Back