Show Us Your Troops (Sideshow/Marmit/Medicom/etc.)!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone, just a quick question.

Looking to purchase a Medi ROTJ Boba Fett and I know he's a bit smaller in scale than others but I just want to ask if I can do a body swap on him with a slim TrueType? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking to purchase a Medi ROTJ Boba Fett and I know he's a bit smaller in scale than others but I just want to ask if I can do a body swap on him with a slim TrueType? Thanks!

You can and people have. Tbh I have left mine and he looks fine- I did add the ssc sash but I think it depends on who you display him with

Koon...love the female troopers. And at least you didn't use stockings or a catsuit under the armor like some of the guys on the OSW Mature section might.

The slim is a good option but it is still a little tight fit with the medicom suit height-wise. But you can cut it and separate the suit around the mid torso area to make the one piece suit into 2 pieces and cover up the cut with boba's upper body armor. It gives you better fit and much improved body articulation.

You can and people have. Tbh I have left mine and he looks fine- I did add the ssc sash but I think it depends on who you display him with

The slim is a good option but it is still a little tight fit with the medicom suit height-wise. But you can cut it and separate the suit around the mid torso area to make the one piece suit into 2 pieces and cover up the cut with boba's upper body armor. It gives you better fit and much improved body articulation.

Thanks for the tips and this will surely help me when I do purchase this Medi ROTJ Fett. Thanks again guys!

My first figure post In this thread....a Hoth Rebel Trooper. Head, pants, boots, hands, and body are from the SS Han Solo figure. The jacket is from the Hasbro Luke with the cuffs lengthened. The rifle and pack (painted) are from the SS Rebel Endor figure. The holster is an old BBI that I Painted and the blaster is one of the Clone ones that I'll use until I can find something better.

Yep. Really digging this guy...

Space Trooper Modification 3.jpgSpace Trooper Modification 2.jpg

Cheers!

Very creative! Looks great!

My first figure post In this thread....a Hoth Rebel Trooper. Head, pants, boots, hands, and body are from the SS Han Solo figure. The jacket is from the Hasbro Luke with the cuffs lengthened. The rifle and pack (painted) are from the SS Rebel Endor figure. The holster is an old BBI that I Painted and the blaster is one of the Clone ones that I'll use until I can find something better.

:lecture clearly demonstrates how perspective plays a part in determining sculpt quality. With the brown or blue jacket it becomes Han. in a different outfit / perspective it truly looks like a generic trooper not Han in a different outfit. [emoji38]
That was my one concern, but based on how everyone said the sculpt doesn't look like Harrison Ford I figured i was OK.

Sent from my LGLK430 using Tapatalk

Great job!

Picked up a few more figures recently: Marmit Boba Fett, another Marmit Stormtrooper (with incorrect Sandtrooper left shin), and the Sideshow Han and Luke in Stormtrooper Disguise pack. Sorry about the photo, my phone isn't too great in low light, I'll try to get a better pic sometime.

3157.jpg

These were my first Sideshow figures, compared to the Marmits I'm a bit disappointed as while the armour is nicely made it's very loose, both figures are like rattles when being moved. They could do with some strapping to keep the thigh armour up, might tinker with that in the future. The helmets also look a little small, they're certainly smaller than the Marmit and look a little squished from the front. But at least these two mean I've got a pair of Sideshow Stormtroopers in my collection, and I can stop looking for the older single figure. The Hot Toys is a little out of my price range for now, maybe in a few years when someone else brings out an even better version I'll be able to pick a second hand one up at a budget price.

I also fixed up a cheap Marmit Sandtrooper I got a while ago, the previous owner had painted over the sand markings with white Humbrol paint, but only on the front of all the armour pieces, and it had started to yellow. Spent a few hours with just a little paint stripper and a lot of patient scraping with my thumbnails to get it back to it's original state. It was also missing the pauldron, ammo pouches, and backpack, and a few weeks ago I picked up an old Hasbro Sandtrooper with black pauldron as a donor figure, and some Dragon MP40 pouches. I can't find the pouches so haven't fitted them yet, and the backpack is a little thin compared to the Marmits, but I'm pretty happy with the figure in it's current condition.

3141.jpg 3143.jpg

Dan

Ignore the shadowy ninja wookie lurking behind him. Stunt trooper WIP.

HT Sandtrooper helmet which I've begun stripping the weathering from; HT armour, SSC E-11, SS S2.5 body.

f463d728e351bc86b5b52c5056b57591.jpg

Ignore the shadowy ninja wookie lurking behind him. Stunt trooper WIP.

HT Sandtrooper helmet which I've begun stripping the weathering from; HT armour, SSC E-11, SS S2.5 body.

That looks great! What did you use to remove the weathering?

I have a spare sandtrooper helmet on the way on which I'll try and move the brow piece down. Now I'm going to have to strip the weathering too.

Brent

That looks great! What did you use to remove the weathering?

I have a spare sandtrooper helmet on the way on which I'll try and move the brow piece down. Now I'm going to have to strip the weathering too.

Brent

Rubbing alcohol, paper towel, fingernail. It isn't easy to remove but does come off, as you can probably see. I didn't want to get too aggressive with it either chemically or mechanically, as I'm unclear on what the base coat can handle without damage.

You may have problems lowering the brow without rebuilding with styrene; the brow trim is likely the same as the stormie, a separate piece sandwiched between the dome and the face + backplate, if I recall.

Few of the clone troopers

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    263.8 KB · Views: 267
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    443.5 KB · Views: 269
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    312.6 KB · Views: 269
Rubbing alcohol, paper towel, fingernail. It isn't easy to remove but does come off, as you can probably see. I didn't want to get too aggressive with it either chemically or mechanically, as I'm unclear on what the base coat can handle without damage.

You may have problems lowering the brow without rebuilding with styrene; the brow trim is likely the same as the stormie, a separate piece sandwiched between the dome and the face + backplate, if I recall.

My plan is to break the lid of the helmet then cut/sand out the existing brow piece. Once everything is smooth I'll reattach the lid and fill the seam with gap-filling superglue. From there a quick repaint and a new brow piece should wrap it up**. I'm not sure what I'll use for the brow piece, but I'm looking for a suitable flexible material so that it can be adjusted like the real thing.

brent

** This is the exact moment at which HT will announce their next Sandtrooper with the flat-browed helmet. :)

I looked at my purchases this year and noticed a theme.

Somethings not right.

Back