Show Us Your Troops (Sideshow/Marmit/Medicom/etc.)!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You did a truly incredible job with what you had from the Hasbro figure. Love the boots and overall body proportions, and love the glove versus sleeve color contrast - looks really accurate.:clap Even with the Hasbro bits holding it back in places (eg goggles/dome) I actually like the overall look/proportions of your custom snowie more than the Sideshow figure.

Strange choice on the headsculpt though!:lol

Thanks! an old action man suit,darth vader boots,indy gloves,a leather wallet,a ball of string,boxer shorts,a butter tub and an old vest were all butchered in the making of him and your laughing at my strange choice of headsculpt:wink1: Add to that the base of an old lamp,styrofoam and ceiling paint for the stand

Thanks! an old action man suit,darth vader boots,indy gloves,a leather wallet,a ball of string,boxer shorts,a butter tub and an old vest were all butchered in the making of him and your laughing at my strange choice of headsculpt:wink1: Add to that the base of an old lamp,styrofoam and ceiling paint for the stand

That's almost the exact list I used for my Ree Yees (except add in Hasbro JarJar Binks' shorts.):lol

Great snowie - to be honest, I looked at my Hasbro snowie and thought nothing was usable.

So I just cant win with the Marmit I bought. Tried to buy a soldier story S2 but I think I got the 2.5 which did NOT work. It has rubber parts so I had to shave off part of his butt and pop out one of his legs to get the armor on. Also got a custom bodysuit that still got split at the seams when putting on the armor. :gah: I know part of the armor needs to be trimmed initially but I don't know if the original owner did that. It came already assembled and has no instructions.

So I just cant win with the Marmit I bought. Tried to buy a soldier story S2 but I think I got the 2.5 which did NOT work. It has rubber parts so I had to shave off part of his butt and pop out one of his legs to get the armor on. Also got a custom bodysuit that still got split at the seams when putting on the armor. :gah: I know part of the armor needs to be trimmed initially but I don't know if the original owner did that. It came already assembled and has no instructions.

The only trimming I've ever done on the Marmit armour was cutting the seam down the sides of the ab/back armour down to the start of the belt to make it look more realistic, and give it a little more play...that and cutting the "boots" apart from the shin armour.

Did you have the armour heated to the point where it was soft and pliable sliding it on to the body? The only really difficult part is the shin armour, if you're trying to get it over feet...

No, I didnt heat it. I'll try that but I think the arms are just too thick. the armor is incredibly tight to it and it pulled the seams on the sleeves.

No, I didnt heat it. I'll try that but I think the arms are just too thick. the armor is incredibly tight to it and it pulled the seams on the sleeves.

I've built maybe...ten(?)...Marmits over the last couple of years. I wouldn't even try it without heating the armour. I pour close to boiling water over it...it renders the armour the consistency of soft vinyl or rubber...if anything gets warped it can be re-shaped with more hot water followed by cold water to "set" it.

The bicep armour and shin armour are the biggest pain. The ab/pelvic armour piece takes some work and twisting as well. Make sure you split the seam first.

One to lead my Hot Toys Stormtroopers......
2015-02-16 23.26.14.jpg 2015-02-16 23.30.21.jpg 2015-02-16 23.24.19.jpg

And the other to fight......
2015-02-16 23.28.26.jpg 2015-02-16 23.31.16.jpg 2015-02-16 23.27.27.jpg

Really? Wow ! I suck. LOL.

LOL...it's okay it got past you, those rebels are sneaky. TK0083's Rebel Fleet Trooper looks to be a mod/kitbash of SSC's original release which was the older soldier from that opening scene...EU has him named "Pello Scrambas". I believe he was listed as wounded and captured rather than killed although we saw him go down pretty early on-screen.

I had considered getting one to update; as you can see TK0083's looks great, but I decided I didn't want to go to the trouble and expense. I heard the blaster is a little too big to fit well in the otherwise great-looking holster, which was another reason I backed off the idea last year some time.

Back