Show Us Your Troops (Sideshow/Marmit/Medicom/etc.)!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my first Marmit trooper a few days ago. Boy, I knew it was best to replace the body, but I had no idea how fragile it was! I snapped the elbow in the first five minutes and then his entire right leg trying to get the armor off to inspect the elbow. I'm wondering if my figure has brittle plastic from age or if I'm really such a brute when handling figures. The thing basically fell apart in my hands...

On the other hand, the armor is fantastic looking, though it is pretty yellowed. I didn't notice it until I compared it to the disney store trooper. Now I can't unsee it! I believe I saw a technique for whitening yellowed trooper armor somewhere in this thread a while back? I'll have to check.

It's a nice looking figure but I'm glad I didn't pay that much for it. I definitely won't be canceling my order for the HT stormy.

Edit: also, mine didn't come with a neck cover and the bodysuit is pretty much torn to shreds after removing the armor. Any good replacement for these parts that won't set me back too much?

Sooo the figure is broken.. the bodysuit is torn to shreds.. and the armor is yellowed?.....Get the HT figure, bin the Marmit.

Lots of black body suits on Ebay. Use a Soldier Story S2 body, and soak the armour for maybe 2-3 hours in a container full of 7% hydrogen peroxide in natural sunlight. Careful, 7% is caustic....especially use eye protection but gloves too.

Your pharmacist can mix it up for you if they don't stock it at that strength. Can get a little price-y.

This is if you want to go to the trouble of restoring the Marmit. I've lost track of how many I refurbished or built up...they're really nice.

Or just wait for Hot Toys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sooo the figure is broken.. the bodysuit is torn to shreds.. and the armor is yellowed?.....Get the HT figure, bin the Marmit.
Lol. The armor isnt too yellowed. Its pretty much the only salvageable thing on it. Oh and the blaster. I'm still getting the HT. The more troops, the merrier.

Lots of black body suits on Ebay. Use a Soldier Story S2 body, and soak the armour for maybe 2-3 hours in a container full of 7% hydrogen peroxide in natural sunlight. Careful, 7% is caustic....especially use eye protection but gloves too.

Your pharmacist can mix it up for you if they don't stock it at that strength. Can get a little price-y.

This is if you want to go to the trouble of restoring the Marmit. I've lost track of how many I refurbished or built up...they're really nice.

Or just wait for Hot Toys.

Awesome! Thanks for the info. Got a soldier story body on the way and just snaggged a bodysuit on ebay. I'll try the whitening method. Will I have to repaint the helmet and armor detailing afterwards?

[...]I'll try the whitening method. Will I have to repaint the helmet and armor detailing afterwards?

The peroxide works. Just make sure the pieces are totally submerged, and in direct sunlight. No glass as you need the UV to get through as a catalyst for the reaction that will mobilize the bromines. It will not affect any of the paint.

Why not just some cheap hair salon volume 30 peroxide cut with some additional water if necessary? It's 9.something% straight. Got the tip from someone else on the forum last year.

It's under $5 for 32 oz: Salon Care Volume 30 Clear - those Sally stores are all over the place here in Ontario.

Just looked up the details elsewhere, "volume" is the amount of oxygen released when the peroxide breaks down. The factor of percentage to volume is 3.3, so volume 30 is 9.09% and that makes the regular 3% stuff 9.9 volume.

Last edited:
Why not just some cheap hair salon volume 30 peroxide cut with some additional water if necessary? It's 9.something% straight. Got the tip from someone else on the forum last year.

It's under $5 for 32 oz: Salon Care Volume 30 Clear - those Sally stores are all over the place here in Ontario.

Just looked up the details elsewhere. The factor of percentage to volume is 3.3, so volume 30 is 9.09%. That makes the regular 3% stuff 9.9 volume. Volume is the amount of oxygen released when the peroxide breaks down.

Nicely done, sir. I hadn't thought of going that route!

I wonder if Oxyclean would work?

My guess, from using it on other things like carpet and clothes, is that it's not caustic enough. That said, I was following directions, so maybe it's possible with a more concentrated batch.

I wonder if Oxyclean would work?

My guess, from using it on other things like carpet and clothes, is that it's not caustic enough. That said, I was following directions, so maybe it's possible with a more concentrated batch.

I've seen it referenced, but it won't be as effective as-is. Same with regular 3%(?) pharmacy peroxide...it works but not as quickly or effectively necessarily...also depends on what temperature it's been stored at and for how long, if I'm recalling that right....

which bodies did you use for the marmit`s so I can grab a few

The bodies are dragon and true type knock off's spliced together(chest and arms true type and abs down dragon).I just wanted more movement in the shoulders for better posing. Feet are also from a true type for full articulation. You can still just use the full dragon body and they will still look great! As nice as those new HT troopers are, you can't beat the reveal look

What about the unit next to this one? I can see there's more clones. :) That's an impressive set of clone troopers, only ever bought 1 of each clone myself as I have limited space but they look great in bigger numbers.

Just a few Clone Commanders with other Star Wars figures...

View attachment 164804

Thanks, knew there would be lots more. How many figures have you got? I see another unit in that picture. lol ;) & what's going in the spaces on that unit?

Alright. You need to get a virtual tour set up for us so we can click through and explore this!

Back