Show Us Some ASH

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know Beto can't do anything about it but we as consumers can by not supporting recasters by not buying their inferior product.

I know Beto can't do anything about it but we as consumers can by not supporting recasters by not buying their inferior product.

Don't get me wrong, I hate all those ebaY recasters as well and think this kind of stuff ruins the hobby. Unfortunately, in situations like this, they're pretty much untouchable by the original artist. Look what a piece of trash Q is, recasting the hell out of Trevor's stuff. The best Dave can do is ban them from here. And unless you have the license, ebaY won't do **** either. Honestly though, many customizers recast boots, axes, guns, etc, from other companies to put together their customs and I really don't see the difference between doing that and selling a recasted head on ebay.

From the email...

"With this particular license, we were also required to get Bruce Campbell's approval on his likeness.

We have worked with Bruce before on a few other designs that were Evil Dead related and the process has been very quick and easy, with our designs being approved with no problems. Even with this project, we were assured that it would come, it was just somewhat later than expected as he's been filming. While I knew we may have to make a couple tweaks here and there to parts of the designs, no indication was given that either of the designs could, or would, be turned down completely.

Unfortunately, that was a mistake. I talked to our agent last night and while Bruce is willing to approve the Graham Humphreys design that is included in the box set, he did not approve the Justin Osbourn t-shirt design (Special Edition T-Shirt) that was to be sold on its own and included in the Necronomicon box set. There was no specific reason given, nor any notes as to what to change - just an overall disapproval. With that, we can not release that particular design as scheduled."

I don't get it...

He approves this one...

Evil-Dead-2-02.jpg

Awesome, cool shirt from one of the original ED2 movie poster artists.

Then he DOESN'T approve this one?!?!? Wtf?

Evil-Dead-2-01.jpg

Damn.... it's so awesome Bruce Campbell just couldn't let the public own it. I hope one day he decides to approve that shirt for us mere humans.

Shhh it's okay nam. No one wants to argue with you. :lol

Hey guys, I received my fright rags order, check out my YouTube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=rMB7ZeSeywc

hey guys, i received my fright rags order, check out my youtube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=rmb7zeseywc

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! You ****ed up not getting the book! That hand puppet is going to be put to shame by it. My friend has the puppet, cool as **** until I saw the FR book. That magnet is so boss! I also got the hoodie so it's cool to see it. Awesome video man! AHHH I'm ready to get my **** now!

Last edited:
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! You ****ed up not getting the book! That hand puppet is going to be put to shame by it. My friend has the puppet, cool as **** until I saw the FR book. That magnet is so boss! I also got the hoodie so it's cool to see it. Awesome video man! AHHH I'm ready to get my **** now!

Thanks man! I'm kicking myself in the as* for not getting the book! But overall it's a nice set... Did you order the book with your hoodie?

Yup. This is something I'm really geeked to get. Kind of a grail to me. Evil Dead 2 is in my top 5 of all time. You had the chance to get it too man! I have a feeling they'll be hard to come across in the secondary market. Doesn't feel like something the scalpers went after.

Yup. This is something I'm really geeked to get. Kind of a grail to me. Evil Dead 2 is in my top 5 of all time. You had the chance to get it too man! I have a feeling they'll be hard to come across in the secondary market. Doesn't feel like something the scalpers went after.

I demand pics now Brains :lecture:lol

I wish I would have got the book but it would have cast almost as much as the book in shipping and taxes :gah:

I know I know, I had the chance! :slap

:pray: If you come across someone selling one (which I highly doubt) please let me know.... :pray:

I demand pics now Brains :lecture:lol

I wish I would have got the book but it would have cast almost as much as the book in shipping and taxes :gah:

tumblr_lveiyyuzqa1r496q9o1_500.gif

I feel sorry for you over seas cats, very ****ty taxes and shipping cost that much. :(

I know I know, I had the chance! :slap

:pray: If you come across someone selling one (which I highly doubt) please let me know.... :pray:

tumblr_mah1sj8lXD1rbsg6jo1_500.gif

:lol
For sure will be posting pictures. NY, I'll keep my eyes open for you.

Currently working on my own Ash custom, anyone know where I can get (or have and are willing to part with) a good shirt, chainsaw and harness?

Hi to all!, as some can imagine im working in a new full Ash figure run, for the next year, Im working this in parallel with my others projects and Im taking my time working very slowly and very carefully because I really want to make the ultimate Ash figure, if anyone wants to know how big is my obsession, just let me say that I bought an authentic vintage Homelite XL chainsaw, only for take all correct measures in order to make an exact replica in 1/6 scale LOL

So because of this and the fact that this new chainsaw I'm working on, will only be available as part of my full set Ash figure, , I have decided to offer for sale my last chainsaw (first version) this is the first chainsaw I paint and was the prototype for the other chainsaws I produced some time ago, please contact me for more information

5146723557_7589000722_z.jpg
4968485639_53eb1d9347.jpg

5146723385_c30a2787c4_z.jpg

Remember is one of his kind!!

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119573

Last edited:
Back