1/6 Show off your custom Marvel figures!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
17619425_10208764071314300_24868951_n.jpg

just a little something that i whipped up today..

anyone looking to do a war hulk? with the new thor flick coming out, he may be a cool one to do..
i'm working on parts to sell for anyone looking..
17690835_10208774379612001_1654033914_n.jpg

just a taste...drop me a pm if interested..

btw..i love watching this thread...a ton of kick butt bashes...

anyone looking to do a war hulk? with the new thor flick coming out, he may be a cool one to do..
i'm working on parts to sell for anyone looking..
View attachment 333150

just a taste...drop me a pm if interested..

btw..i love watching this thread...a ton of kick butt bashes...

You need to offer a 1/6 he man and skeletor clothing set spider I know alot of people have been waiting

Bashing a civvie Bucky - WIP

So it just annoyed me I couldn't stuff an HT Bucky into the Super MC Toys civvie set jacket (that arm!) and went looking for a body - preferably cheap (but good). ZC Toys muscular body had good comments on YT (and it's cheap):

ZCtoys_body.jpg

Yeah, I knew about the different leg colors - seller sent pics and told me. Body comes w. hands but no extra pegs, no underwear, and the hands are Captain America HT (but any plain gloved hands will work). Don't know if all ZC Toys are like this or I just got parts...:lol

ZCtoys_wjeans.jpg

Jeans fit thankfully. Once again ankle pegs are too small for MC outfit boot holes, so some Tack-It to the rescue...

Bucky1.jpg

Bucky2.jpg

IMO, getting there. The custom sculpt is really designed as Winter Soldier Bucky so the hair is frizzed/wavy and IMO no amount of futzing is going to smooth it out - it's a cheat here stuffing it here and there, but besides dying a shade darker it really needs to be re-wigged IMO.

Except IMO it's a rooted sculpt for a WS, really - don't want to wreck it:horror, so probably will try another head I have that I was going to put rooted hair on. Re the body - weeeeelllll, it's good, but the knees and thigh/hip joints are kinda floppy. Everything on the lower part seems too loose. I'd try another of these tho and needed a sort of floppy body (cheap) to make a Special Forces guy who is getting taken out, so I'm not upset. Think this upper torso was kind of geared for a Wolverine figure - the elbows seem of stick out too.

Just don't want to pay $$$ for a body that's mostly covered. Might have to tho:( re staging the fight scenes (or fix the joints).

But a peek at what the ACPlay Bucky might look like (if/when it is released - think this is ACPlay sculpt):dunno. And I've got some painting/dying/futzing to do. As well as dealing w. the too-large Henley buttons. (Hopefully the ACPlay civvie fig will have Bucky without fingerless gloves, which he wasn't wearing until the airport fight.) Sculpt is better in-hand than I thought it would be.

Bucky3.jpg

Looks good but you've totally gotta replace those henley buttons. They're way too big for the scale. The jacket looks mint though.

I am making my own Jessica Jones figure...I got the head yesterday from one sixth kit....but it is too big for the body. Any help with how I can put the head on the body?

Looks good but you've totally gotta replace those henley buttons. They're way too big for the scale. The jacket looks mint though.

Thank you! and yeah - buttons *meh*. Didn't want to replace 'coz was impressed they actually stitched on, but - scale, scale, scale. It's a great civvie set re quality but
need 1-2mm studs - right now the buttons look like headlights or ST.

I've got a body like that with tight joints if you're interested in buying it.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Thank you! might have grabbed it...just got another *cheap* body + extras LOL shopping today. Thanx tho!

Last edited:
Here is my current custom fig. Still very much a WIP, and far from done. Been working on him for a while it seems now, slow going, but wanted to share the progress. I know that Battlestar is an obscure character, but my last fig was the black suit Cap, and I have always liked Battlestar, so I wanted to stay within the same story line for my custom. Trying for a MCU flavor for the costume. Pics include my first attempt at the shield, which I have to redo because the paint slipped under the sticker I used and messed up the look. Going to use a 3D star and glue it on the next time, which is going to look better anyway.

IMG_69312.JPG sh.jpg

Awesome. I loved all the eighties era Cap henchmen and their variant uniforms. If Cap, Falcon, Nomad, Demolition Man, and Vagabond had got their own spin-off comic I would have been there! Battlestar was great, a much better candidate for Captain America than John Walker. I love me a bit of Free Spirit too. D-Man's costume was terrible though!

Awesome. I loved all the eighties era Cap henchmen and their variant uniforms. If Cap, Falcon, Nomad, Demolition Man, and Vagabond had got their own spin-off comic I would have been there! Battlestar was great, a much better candidate for Captain America than John Walker. I love me a bit of Free Spirit too. D-Man's costume was terrible though!

Thanks man! Same here, I prefer Lemar over John, although I would love to make a John Walker figure too. I have plans for some other versions of Cap first, just picking up parts here and there as I go, but probably going to do a custom Diamondback before I finish any more Cap figs. Depends on what I come across part wise though.

Thanks man! Same here, I prefer Lemar over John, although I would love to make a John Walker figure too. I have plans for some other versions of Cap first, just picking up parts here and there as I go, but probably going to do a custom Diamondback before I finish any more Cap figs. Depends on what I come across part wise though.

Is it wrong for me to prefer Diamondback to Sharon? I can't wait to see her! The Bloodstone Hunt is an all-time favourite. I wish they'd dragged it out a bit longer.

I was hoping that the Serpent Society might get some airtime with some less cheesy snake-themed outfits but Viper in the Wolverine ended up being even more cheesy.

The one I have a real soft spot for is the Vamp (not the Animus). She was bad-tempered and bad ass with minor telepathy and the psychic adrenaline surge ability to boost her strength and replicate on an instinctive level, the combat skills of her opponents. That's way cooler than Free Spirit's power of femininity. Like D-man though, her costume was terrible (I think she used a similar 70s tailor to Bruce Banner). I always thought going for a look more like Trinity from the Matrix would have been better than purple pants...

I think Lemar cropped up briefly in some recent Cap issues. They are recycling a lot of the 80s characters at the moment.

I agree with you. I believe the Mark Gruenwald era of Cap was my favorite time, even with the cheezy costumes and characters.

Back