Should we close down Whedonville?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should we close down Whedonville and move the threads to other forums?

• Total voters
It's the difference between living in a huge, overpopulated city among strangers and living in a small community "where everybody knows your name".

Very well put hun. :peace

So when will we know?

I don't think there's any reason to fret. The Darklord has said it's not happening. I reckon this thread has served the purpose of discussion and furthered postings in this very section, and with upcoming Whedonvillian news, and the even results of the poll, it's safe to say no change is imminent.

While the Marvel forum gets most of my attention and the majority of my posts (simply too much great product coming from that license), my first post on these boards was made on Whedonville. My first ever SideShow product was the 12" Buffy and the Gentlemen. My first ever PF was the original Buffy. Rawr!

The Whedonverse is my favorite franchise (sort of speak) and I know we'll have more to discuss concerning Joss Whedon and his brilliant projects, as he has one on the way very shortly, and much more to follow.

Honestly I believe this all stems from the POTA gang wanting their own forum. So while I do enjoy the section, there is little to no new product coming out so in the vein of fairness it can either be closed and the various threads redistributed or change Whedonville to General Sci-Fi/Fantasy to encompass Whedon and POTA but either way I see changes a-coming.

For the record, I don't want a POTA forum... I just don't want Dave to lock down the POTA mega thread. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

For the record, I don't want a POTA forum... I just don't want Dave to lock down the POTA mega thread. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

I know it wasn't all the Apes Proto, but I distinctly remember some getting angry that Buffy/Angel has nothing new coming out but still has their forum and the Apes have a few things coming out and don't. Also, that Mega thread will NEVER be locked as long as it stays on topic or you guys get your own little nook. So no worries, but I still see some changes coming to this section.

Maybe this is a simplification of this issue, but the way I see it, POTA was asking for a new forum and Whedonville already exists.

I can see not setting up a new POTA forum because A) that takes work on a mod's part and B) there are other topics that IMO deserve it more.

Closing Whedonville would A) take work and B) IMO has historically earned its spot.

So "POTA doesn't deserve a forum so Whedonville doesn't either" doesn't compute for me.

I was just joking about changing it to a POTA forum, but let's be honest, before this thread nobody was posting here anymore. You'd be lucky to see 5-10 new replies a week. If it stays, fine, if it goes fine. Whatever. I don't think Dave really has any intention of axing it anyway so I wouldn't worry about that.

I do think however it was uncool to summarily dismiss the POTA guys and gals request for their own forum when there is actual productive discussion going on in that community and new products being released when this forum is allowed to continue with no new stuff coming out and practically no discussion. If Whedonville deserves it's continued existence then the Apes fans definitely deserve their own spot.

I can see the merit in that. They goht mah vote.

As the board grows, and more sub categories are required, it might end up being necessary, in the future, to throw the board into utter chaos and start the whole thing over again. Which of course would mean a ton of work for the moderator/s. It might be better to make suggestions and plan for such an event. Break down pop culture into bigger segments initially, such as movie related, tv related, comic related, historical, sci-fi, fantasy etc.

If Whedonville deserves it's continued existence then the Apes fans definitely deserve their own spot.

I'd agree if both were starting from an equal plane. But as I said, Whedonville already exists. It would take work to undo it. A POTA forum doesn't exist, so it would take work to set it up. Also, forcing Whedonville fans to CHANGE is different than forcing POTA fans to NOT CHANGE.

Even though I have other Sideshow and Hot Toys items, this is really the only place I go on these forums. Honestly I go to many online 1:6 forums and this Whedonville one is the friendliest, most civil and most helpful, please doont close it down!!!!!!!!!!!!

HL2

I wouldn't mind a POTA forum, I'd definitely visit that one, more so than I do the General forum. I know it's work to divvy up genres into different forums but it does make it easier to go where you want to go. My free time is rare, and while I'd love to have lots of time to troll through all the threads in all the forums, I just don't. That's why I like the divisions we currently have and would certainly love more. And that's why I rarely visit the General section, or the Movie and TV section, or (shiver) the Sandbox, they're just TOO general for me. :monkey1

But I get the "more work for mods" issue, too. This is Sideshow's and Darklord Dave's world, I just post in it! :lol :peace

That would be fine if we could guarantee discussions with like minded individuals with a mature attitude, but going by the stupid childish comments on this thread so far, by posters who haven't even visited this section before let alone post in it, I highly doubt it somehow.

You get rid of this and stick it in the other thread then I feel it's asking for trouble.

Wasn't going to post here, as its not my forum, but being as someone else brought up POTA I felt a need to chime in.
The exact comment the Sueworld made is exactly what aggravated me when i mentioned a POTA forum. Sueworld and a plethora of others who don't frequent the POTA thread chimed in. Its no worse for others to vote on your forum's existence than whether another forum should/could be started.

Maybe this is a simplification of this issue, but the way I see it, POTA was asking for a new forum and Whedonville already exists.

I can see not setting up a new POTA forum because A) that takes work on a mod's part and B) there are other topics that IMO deserve it more.

Closing Whedonville would A) take work and B) IMO has historically earned its spot.

So "POTA doesn't deserve a forum so Whedonville doesn't either" doesn't compute for me.

So, if a forum would cause a moderator to work, it shouldn't exist? That must be why Whedon lives on. I love Whedon's work and have all of the SS 1:6 from it that I could get, but the argument of its already here leave it here due to its "historically earned its spot" line is utter nonsense. Historically, the POTA legacy goes back further, has had more support and posts. I truly don't care whether Whedonville lives or dies but don't blame it on POTA wanting a forum. Dave himself initiated this thread. No one else.
And, getting back to it being too much work for a moderator, I did offer to moderate a POTA section if needed. I would be only too happy to help set it up. It may be work, but it would be a moderator's job.

Wasn't going to post here, as its not my forum, but being as someone else brought up POTA I felt a need to chime in.
The exact comment the Sueworld made is exactly what aggravated me when i mentioned a POTA forum. Sueworld and a plethora of others who don't frequent the POTA thread chimed in. Its no worse for others to vote on your forum's existence than whether another forum should/could be started.

WTF?? I was one of those who went into the forum suggestions thread and stood up for your request to get a POTA forum, so quite where you're getting that my contribution was a negative one I don't know.

I actually said..

Just putting two pence worth for a moment. I really enjoying reading the Ape thread. Always have done. It's great example of fans doing what they do best, celebrating their love for a subject and expressing that in a creative manner.

I'm overjoyed about the Hot Toys announcement, and so pleased that these fans have finally got a payoff after all this time.

I'd support an Ape forum If one was allowed.

My only other comment on the matter was a jokey response to another poster..

Originally Posted by Darklord

Whedonville will NEVER die!

I remarked back

*Starts sharpening her stake*

Damn straight!

So please check your facts before accusing others hun. I believe what I said elsewhere was not the same as the trolling that this thread has suffered from. Okay. :mad:

Last edited:
My facts are straight.
I meant no offense, but my statement was simply that folks who aren't POTA fans/regulars were chiming in on the forum idea. You, pro or con on the forum, are not regularly in the POTA thread. I accused no one of "trolling", just chiming in.

Well for your information hun, I'd lurked on your thread for a long time now, and I do not consider the abusive comments that both this and the main POTA thread have had to contend with as being a good thing.

'Chiming in' is one thing, snarky comments another. I don't believe I've seen anyone who have been a regular in this section trying and get in the way of getting what you want, have they?

Back