Should we close down Whedonville?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should we close down Whedonville and move the threads to other forums?

• Total voters
Well for your information hun, I'd lurked on your thread for a long time now, and I do not consider the abusive comments that both this and the main POTA thread have had to contend with as being a good thing.

'Chiming in' is one thing, snarky comments another. I don't believe I've seen anyone who have been a regular in this section trying and get in the way of getting what you want, have they?

Again, don't misunderstand, my post was simply made because someone initiated a comment that this thread was started due to the POTA forum one. You were only quoted because of your observation that "outsiders" for lack of a better term were throwing themselves into the mix. Nothing detrimental was intended towards you and, to my knowledge no one from the POTA thread is standing in this thread's way.

To bring this up again as we're discussing opening up another area (Disney).

1. Why close it down if it's not hurting anything?

I worry that the forum is becoming too large with too many subdivisions. Most newcomers would never know to look in this section. With the lack of collectibles coming out for these properties the lack of traffic makes this the one forum that is superfluous.

2. The immaturity of the majority of the board would interfere with the discourse of Whedon topics.

I'd agree that this is a problem. But I think addressing the rest of the board is the issue. Trying to elevate the level of discussion and reduce the negativity and rudeness of many posters is something I struggle with every day.

I think it's helped to have the Dollhouse thread in Movie/TV - so other members who may not be previous Whedon fans can find it.

At first, I thought I wouldn't vote in this poll.

However, if there are folks who think that having a forum (such as Whendonville) makes things better, then I'm all for it. I have abslutley no interest in Whendonville, but what does it hurt? Leave it there. Somebody please tell me why having Whendonville, or any other forum should be considered wrong? As long as people are using this forum, leave it alone.

I would like all new comers to the Sideshow Freaks Board to be able to find ANY point of interest they may have. I know it sounds crazy to many, but I'd think to see a forum for all licenses. :horror

To bring this up again as we're discussing opening up another area (Disney).

1. Why close it down if it's not hurting anything?

I worry that the forum is becoming too large with too many subdivisions. Most newcomers would never know to look in this section. With the lack of collectibles coming out for these properties the lack of traffic makes this the one forum that is superfluous.

2. The immaturity of the majority of the board would interfere with the discourse of Whedon topics.

I'd agree that this is a problem. But I think addressing the rest of the board is the issue. Trying to elevate the level of discussion and reduce the negativity and rudeness of many posters is something I struggle with every day.

I think it's helped to have the Dollhouse thread in Movie/TV - so other members who may not be previous Whedon fans can find it.

Disney? Dear god, at this rate we'll be having sections dedicated to the Teletubbies. :lol

But it sounds to me that whatever we say you've already made your mind up and want us out. I doubt that I will be posting as much If you move this to one thread in the collectibles section as the idiot behavior in there in too strong, and I for one have already had enough of dealing with trolls that have wondered onto here in the past.

I have to say again that do you think this place will become is so massive it will will no longer function properly as a board?

Have you been to Outpost Gallifrey? Thats a massive board and every member seems to be intelligent enough to find the relevant sections that interest them with out their tiny brains exploding.

So once again I ask why can't the same be applied here. Or do you think the members on here aren't capable somehow?

Dave I certainly don't envy you and the decisions you need to make concerning this site. However i look at the sections dedicated to large spectrum interests such as 'general collectibles' and 'movies and tv' and there are so many varied topics it's not unheard of to have to search four pages back to find a topic that was on page one yesterday.
Perhaps subcategories in movies and tv might help?

Back