Should I Avoid this suspicious ebay auction?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Should I Avoid this one

USPS money orders are traceable. You can send it with delivery confirmation and signature required. If you get scammed you can file a claim with the USPS but your money will be tied up or never get it back. Or save up for one and get one that you know will be legit.

Asked seller to list pictures on inside of box contents plus brown shipper. Will post reply if I get one.

I doubt it is real he's also selling a hot toys old batman and robin...I google for box pics and the picture he has for those items are from a website not something he has. Why couldn't he take he's own pictures anyways here is the link for that auction and the website with the same pictures https://www.koolkollectibles.net/2014/05/hot-toys-mms218-batman-and-mms219-robin.html?m=1 and here is the ebay link https://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=281402246424&alt=web

His English veddy bad..

Probably because he's French Canadian. His English is probably a lot better than everyone else's French. ;)

If a deal seems too good to be true it generally is.

It's an auction so the price at the moment isn't a deal unless the auction ends right away. WRT to very few items sold - people have to start somewhere. I used to sell a decent amount on eBay, but that was a long time ago. If you looked at my account you wouldn't find a sale in the past 5 years, but you'd see a lot of purchases. eBay is built largely on trust, so sometimes you have to take a chance, which is why they've built up their buyer protection business. I'd feel comfortable bidding on these auctions in particular, and not just because I'm in Canada.

Bidded on it for the hell of it. Sent me pictures of inside contents. Might be shady, but if can score for 300.00 range might take chance. Will pay with USPS money order. Traceable and if he is a scammer, will report him for mail fraud. Will ask seller for proof of address, photo id and pay pal account to verify him. If win and works out resell it or trade.

More looking like a scam. will post his reply when I get it and picture if he sends it. Hopefully not a photo-shopped or MS paint edited picture with text added like someone sent me in the past.

I was searching for a similar picture glad you found it. I'll just wait to find a deal, also he hardly ever responds to messages. It's a scam, I rather pay the extra bucks. If anyone wins show pics if you do get it.

If it's a scam you know you won't be able to get your money back. Usps M/O are not covered like paypal .

I take it back lol not bidding on this TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.

I am so happy you felt the need to ask about this!
So - Yes, totally trust this person. It's all looks very legit, he just used pics from the web cuz his camera is broken.
And you should only pay with money order, because paypal protection is unreliable, and you don't even need it to begin with.

I am so happy you felt the need to ask about this!
So - Yes, totally trust this person. It's all looks very legit, he just used pics from the web cuz his camera is broken.
And you should only pay with money order, because paypal protection is unreliable, and you don't even need it to begin with.

:lol some of us have been around the block a few more times than others. I still remember the first (and only) time I got burned by the Interwebz. Paid $50 for access to content and ended up getting nothing but a bunch of links to free content :lol

Lol I know right ...in another Note I just bought a MIB Takara Batman begins for $75, I'll just wait for a batmobile, not in a hurry.

Back