Should Hot Toys re-release Preds? Yes or No? Opinions?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only one I can think of that took long to sell out was Lost Pred. All others sold out pretty quickly with most retailers. And you're comparing electronics to collectible action figures. It's like comparing a hamburger with a banana. :lol
the P2 Elder and most of the AVP and AVPR preds took as long or longer to sell out as the Lost. and i'm not comparing electronics to anything. i'm comparing customer/brand loyalty to sales of newer/redone products. which is your entire argument for HT giving two s#!ts about the after market. and they still don't.

necked.jpg

Dont know about that...:monkey1

WTF?! Why would you post that?! :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

the P2 Elder and most of the AVP and AVPR preds took as long or longer to sell out as the Lost. and i'm not comparing electronics to anything. i'm comparing customer/brand loyalty to sales of newer/redone products. which is your entire argument for HT giving two s#!ts about the after market. and they still don't.

Someone needs to take it easy and lay off the caffeine.

Redo as in make a whole new version, yes. Re-rease the same ol same ol cause some cheap ass kids who couldn't save there $5 a week allowance for taking out the trash, no.

Not everyone clamoring for the older Preds missed it because of cost. The quality and subject matter of Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece line is growing the hobby so folks may not have been in the hobby when the older Preds were released.

I've known about 1/6 military figures for a long time but wasn't interested until someone showed me HT's Appleseed Ex Machina figures and I caught the addiction (damn him!).

I completely agree with you that if they revisit a particular character/figure it should be a new improved version. However, I don't think I would like it if they repeated the same thing that they did with the Dark Knight figures where they released improved versions so soon after the "plain" versions. Even a couple of years might be too soon for me: for example, re-release of a more awesome of the P1 from 2009.

so here is a question talking on the original predators, mine are currently on display but I want to box them back up but worried with removing the head as they are a pretty snug fit.....how have people gone about this ? do people warm up the area first with a hair dryer etc ????? :wave

yeah i've disassembled mine a couple times for moving. i just hit the joints with a haridryer and they come apart pretty easily. the only exception i can think of is the P2 Elder leg armor. it's a nightmare to put on AND take off.

During my moving I just encased the 'model kit' HT preds in bubblewrap, and also put bubblewrap between the arms and body and between the legs of each predator so there'd be no chaffing of body parts against eachother. Then I put them in boxes lined with bubblewrap and filled in empty spaces with more bubblewrap. I bought a heck of a lot of the stuff.

During my moving I just encased the 'model kit' HT preds in bubblewrap, and also put bubblewrap between the arms and body and between the legs of each predator so there'd be no chaffing of body parts against eachother. Then I put them in boxes lined with bubblewrap and filled in empty spaces with more bubblewrap. I bought a heck of a lot of the stuff.

Given I had people help me move, I needed to guarantee the pieces were as safe as possible. Boxing them up in their box, shippers and putting them in plastic bins lined with popcorn made me feel a lot better. Your way would've had me running around like a madman making sure nobody stacked ____ on the boxes they were packed in. :lol

:lol

Well I did experience all that paranoia but it was my brothers moving my stuff with me. There was some fun times though, we loaded up the van with my stuff to almost its full capacity except for a tiny space up against the rear window where I squeezed in and held a cover over myself so people in cars behind wouldn't see me. I was able to paraphrase Han Solo "I use these compartments for smuggling, I never thought I'd be smuggling myself in 'em". It was damned uncomfortable and I had to do it 2 or 3 times. Anyway the reason I put myself through that was because I wanted to be present at every stage of loading and unloading, and like you said making sure boxes were stacked to my particular liking and in some case not stacked at all.

Back