Short Round mini-bust review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
What was once a flood of Indiana Jones product has turned into a trickle, but there's still a few things popping up. Gentle Giant has their latest mini-bust out, Short Round, and he's an Entertainment Earth exclusive. And no, he's not any better than the previous Indy.

I also have a guest review from Jeff Parker of Taki, the latest young lady from Triad Toys. I think Jeff is keeping his house a little too cold though...you can find all the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

As close as the other busts are. As I said in the review, he's about 5" tall with the base, which makes the body about 3" - 4" tall, making a full sized version around 7". That seems about right to me for him in sixth scale.

Wow, its as if the sculptor didn't look at any reference material for the actor and just did a "generic" Asian child.

Disappointing that the Indy license seems to have been handled poorly by so many high end companies.

So we waited a year for this and this is what we get. I went back and forth on whether or not I should buy this, but I've decided against it, especially at full price. GG has done a horrid job with the Indy license, IMO. Can't understand how they can do so well with Harry Potter and SW and fail miserably on Indy. Seems to me their heart wasn't in it, just like everyone has been suspecting of most companies.

Pretty sad...

it's a shame you actually have to purchase this awful looking bust in order to do a review on it. what happens to it now? Because I wouldn't want that thing in my collection.

Oh, he'll end up on display. It won't be in with the good stuff, and it will probably be in the darkest corner...

Meh, I'll pick this up if it hits clearance just because it's TOD...

Mike, show us some pics of your whole collection, I'd love to see that.

Right now it's a lot of boxes. I have my "Crawford Institute" built about 18 months ago, but I've been working feverishly on finishing my basement for about a year. I should have that complete by February (I hope), and then I'll get to work on the Institue. Once it's done, photos all around!

This is why I keep going back to Michael's site:

reviewshortround6.jpg

:rotfl

That and Connor McLeod.

Mike, I really like your reviews, but I just wish it was a little easier to find the archived stuff. Keep up the great work.

Hmmm - not sure how to make it easier. Go to search reviews and just use the Google search box - should find what you're looking for.

That is one gnarly Short Round. And as mentioned before, looks nothing like the actor one bit.

Yeah, I have to say I love the way Mike's archives work, plus if you do a Google search (just enter the product followed by review) his stuff usually comes up pretty high!

You can also just do a "Find" in the web browser and type in the name of the figure you're looking for. That's what I do a lot of times, works like a charm.

Back