Shipping tips

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JediFirefly

Super Freak
Reaction score
I did a search and couldn't really find a thread for this. If there is one and someone could point me to it that would be great.

I am trying to find out the best and cheapest ways to ship items.
I have a bunch of action figures both loose and carded and even some statues and stuff that I want to get rid of.
I plan on listing most of it on eBay and I want to be able to list cheaper shipping rates but also do not want to underestimate to where I take a big hit on the shipping.
So what I am trying to get help with is easy ways to ship.

I know USPS has the flat rate boxes and on the plus side with those I can print the label at home and request a pick up (I think).
The downside though is that there prices seem a little high. For example there medium flat rate box which holds only 1 carded action figure is about $11.

If anyone has any tips or knows of any better ways to ship items please post.

the flat rate rate boxes ship Priority Mail. that's why they are expensive. i only send stuff priority to my buddies on here. everyone else gets regular cheap shipping.

if you need boxes i would suggest going to local stores and asking them to save boxes from their stock. that way you can get them free. though it can be hard to find the right size. then you can just weigh up what you packed and type in the box dimensions on the USPS site and they will tell you how much it should cost. hope this helps.

You can get USPS Priority Mail boxes for free at your local USPS office, if they don't have them then ask, or go to The Postal Store and order them for free.

I would suggest also picking up a scale to weigh your boxes after you pack them. The Postmaster gave me an old electronic scale to use in my shipping and it's been a great tool to have. She also gave me two rolls of some Priority Mail tape for free, however I'm not sure if all PO's do this. You can ask about it.

Hope this helps! :duff

I have a bunch of action figures both loose and carded and even some statues and stuff that I want to get rid of.

I purchased some loose SW figures recently that came wrapped in thin bubble wrap and mailed in a small envelope. Shipping was cheap (around $2) and they arrived safely.

Back