Shipping more expensive?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last few figures I've gotten from SSC were double boxed which doesn't help shipping costs either.

For sure! I had to let go a few orders because shipping just pushed it too far over my budget. If It continues to go up to much (I‘m sure it will considering fuel prices) , I’m going to have to stop ordering directly from SS.

Some kids are fat because they have a physically disorder. And here in Europe, there are so few woods left, that they actually kill the few bears that still roam around, because they don't have a 'home' to go to anyway. Sad. Yes, if I were living in the US, I would also think this is funny! But unfortunately I live in the EU, and that ALWAYS means ridiculous high shipping cost when ordering from Sideshow, especially if you compare it to the price of 12" figures:

SSC 12" commander Praji: $59.99
Shipping for Praji: $43.

And I don't want to mention the $18 tax...

It's virtually costing me more to get the figure delivered, than the figure itself.

But what really alarmed me, is that I payed $50 shipping for my Hulk PF. And now, one year later, I have to pay $61.45 for the shipping of The Thing PF, which is about the same size and weight. That's over $11 more in one year. And, accordingly I have to pay $2 more VAT also.
Even tough they combine orders when possible (and when asked for), ordering from Sideshow IS getting expensive. It would be nice if they could finally come up with a solid solution for their European and International customers to ALWAYS save on fright costs.

Last edited:
gas prices are through the roof. and since the teamsters successfully disbanded our rail delivery system in the u.s., we now are held hostage to receiving most of our goods through delivery from 18 wheelers. that means we must pay more for everything. shipping included. sure is a bummer to pay that much to have a 12" figure delivered.

Some kids are fat because they have a physically disorder. And here in Europe, there are so few woods left, that they actually kill the few bears that still roam around, because they don't have a 'home' to go to anyway. Sad. Yes, if I were living in the US, I would also think this is funny! But unfortunately I live in the EU, and that ALWAYS means ridiculous high shipping cost when ordering from Sideshow, especially if you compare it to the price of 12" figures:

SSC 12" commander Praji: $59.99
Shipping for Praji: $43.

And I don't want to mention the $18 tax...

It's virtually costing me more to get the figure delivered, than the figure itself.

But what really alarmed me, is that I payed $50 shipping for my Hulk PF. And now, one year later, I have to pay $61.45 for the shipping of The Thing PF, which is about the same size and weight. That's over $11 more in one year. And, accordingly I have to pay $2 more VAT also.
Even tough they combine orders when possible (and when asked for), ordering from Sideshow IS getting expensive. It would be nice if they could finally come up with a solid solution for their European and International customers to ALWAYS save on fright costs.

You paid $61.45 for shipping for The Thing? I had to pay $76.46 + VAT/Sales Tax: $70.25:emperor Also, shipping prices for a 12 inch figure starts at $52.50 for me.

...Yes, if I were living in the US, I would also think this is funny...

We weren't making fun of the shipping costs, just my original reply, which was meant to say, Yes, shipping has gone up... probably due to the rise of gas prices, etc. We pay more in the US for shipping as well; obviously not as much as the rest of the world, but that's because Sideshow is here. I have to pay more for getting stuff from Japan now days as well, and with the dollar down, it's insult on top of injury! So it is the same for everyone... if you don't live in the same country as a manufacturer, then you have to pay more to get it. Sucks, but the only people getting rich are the shipping companies.

We weren't making fun of the shipping costs, just my original reply, which was meant to say, Yes, shipping has gone up...

Hey there bud,
no disrespect man i was just saying that everything is going up. i live California about 40 minutes away from sideshow i don't know if they have a pick program to avoid the shipping cost. But then i would have to waste gas and at $4.00+ a gallon it's pointless to even try. It's the same everywhere even to buy stuff from EU or Asia the shipping cost is hella hi. i wanted to buy a bust from this dude in asia and he wanted to charge me $35 for a 5.00 lbs (2.27 kg)* package THAT'S BUNKING INSANE!!!!!!!!!! So you see it's everywhere
i need to find a part time job just to pay fo the shipping costs........:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Its £1.20 a LITRE! In the uk ($2.40) and thats per litre not gallon. So count yourself lucky :lol

At the end of the day you get told the estimated shipping cost before you order the item.

Last edited:
I mailed some stuff overseas this weekend, and I could not believe how high shipping was.

I sell a lot of 6-8" action figures, and the normal international package usually costs me about 22 dollars. I was shelling out 30 dollars each for the same packages that I usually ship for the low 20's.

Then, I just politely ask about it, and the postage lady goes off like a bomb. "You know, you can go to UPS if you do not like it." All she had to say was, "you know, the post went up again Monday."

I mailed some stuff overseas this weekend, and I could not believe how high shipping was.

I sell a lot of 6-8" action figures, and the normal international package usually costs me about 22 dollars. I was shelling out 30 dollars each for the same packages that I usually ship for the low 20's.

Then, I just politely ask about it, and the postage lady goes off like a bomb. "You know, you can go to UPS if you do not like it." All she had to say was, "you know, the post went up again Monday."

With that kind of attitude, I wouldn't be surprised if people did! :google

I hate when people do that, though they don't get away with it. I come right back at them twice as bad. They are sorry for being snappy in the end :lol

Well, I go there, and usually I deal with two people that are great. They never measure my over-size packages and try to charge me the "Balloon rate" inflation unless my packages are really large.

This one was new, and I let her go, because it appeared that she had a long, rough day. If it happens again, then she will know my true feelings on being lashed at by a postal worker.

You are right, its easy for me to say that sitting here, but if I was actually there would maybe be more reluctant to say anything. I just hate rude mouthy people

You are right, its easy for me to say that sitting here, but if I was actually there would maybe be more reluctant to say anything. I just hate rude mouthy people.

Everybody does :monkey5

Seriously tho, people in a public service shouldn't let themselves get carried away with "being there all day" or "having a rough day". It's called professionalism. :lecture ;)

Seriously tho, people in a public service shouldn't let themselves get carried away with "being there all day" or "having a rough day". It's called professionalism. :lecture ;)

Same reason, I bit my tongue.

Back