Shipping help? Please!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erin1789

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I've never ordered overseas before. I'm expecting a package from China and I live in Florida. When I go to the USPS site, it gives me this information:

Service(s): Registered Mail™

We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece.

Detailed Results:

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
Foreign International Dispatch, January 07, 2011, 9:31 am, SHANGHAI, CHINA PEOPLES REP
Foreign Acceptance, January 05, 2011, 5:36 am, PORTEE

What does Origin Post is Preparing Shipment mean? I got so many different answers I'm not sure what to belive, and I'd assume someone would know on here. It shipped the 4th and it's now the 15th so when should I be expecting it? I'm not really impatient, as I know it takes time, I'd just like to know when I should have someone here to pick it up, because it will be large.

When it arrives in US USPS site will let you know as long as you introduce again the tracking number. It will show even when you pick it up. Just wait a bit.

I always have my stuff shipped to florida from china and hong kong (I don't live there), and it always takes around 2 weeks to get there.

Usually takes 2 to 3 weeks from the day it was shipped.Sometimes though the seller will tell you it shipped when in fact it hasn't.Usually when i get that message it means that their mail system received the package but it still has to be entered in their system and prepared for shipping.Also,most of the times they are slow with updating their system so be patient and just check in every couple of days cause even after it enters the US it still takes a couple days if not a week before you see it.For future reference next time you purchase something from overseas you should use EMS(EXPRESS MAIL SERVICE) it is not only fast but safe and reliable.GOOD LUCK!☺

Back