Shipping Costs ???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris rankin

Super Freak
Reaction score
Can you please explain to me why it costs $32 to ship the DC Vault book when I can have the Terminator Premium Format Statue shipped for $25. The book weighs 6lbs and the PF weighs almost 4 times as much at 20lbs.

It doesn't really make much sense especially when the shipping is supposed to be $25 for international customers.

Thanks

Can you please explain to me why it costs $32 to ship the DC Vault book when I can have the Terminator Premium Format Statue shipped for $25. The book weighs 6lbs and the PF weighs almost 4 times as much at 20lbs.

It doesn't really make much sense especially when the shipping is supposed to be $25 for international customers.

Thanks

And more gas for your fire its media mail.

I remember I was trying to purchase 3 generic figure stands when I had a gift card and they wanted to charge me $25 to ship them.

For the more expensive items, the international shipping cost is probably partly "subsidize" by Sideshow, so they charge us lower shipping costs.

For the lower priced items, naturally, Sideshow can't subsidize the international shipping costs as the profit margin is already so low. Thus, we pay higher shipping costs.

For the more expensive items, the international shipping cost is probably partly "subsidize" by Sideshow, so they charge us lower shipping costs.

For the lower priced items, naturally, Sideshow can't subsidize the international shipping costs as the profit margin is already so low. Thus, we pay higher shipping costs.

That would make sense I suppose so basically I am just better off ordering the more expensive stuff. I was going to use a $50 gift card so the item would be free but I refuse to pay that amount of shipping. I will see if I can source it over here somewhere.

Yep that's the reason right there :exactly:

It has a lot to do with the weight and size as well. We are trying to offset some of the ship costs for the bigger items. So smaller items you would be paying more of the normal ship costs to get to your location.

I think international customers have gotten used to these cut rates but don't realize what the actual cost would have been. Smaller items will show more of the actual ship cost.

Last edited:
It has a lot to do with the weight and size as well. We are trying to offset some of the ship costs for the bigger items. So smaller items you would be paying more of the normal ship costs to get to your location.

I think international customers have gotten used to these cut rates but don't realize what the actual cost would have been.

CONUS too is getting cheaper.I got the "The Terminator" PF for $19.00 to New England,this is almost the price of a 12" shipping.

I think that the prices are standard ;) from Greece it it is everything till 2kilo to Europe cost 15$ and from 2.01 to 10 cost 25$ :D its may go as well for them ;) :)

I think that the prices are standard ;) from Greece it it is everything till 2kilo to Europe cost 15$ and from 2.01 to 10 cost 25$ :D its may go as well for them ;) :)

Grecee ? Really are you guys able to afford hobbies at this point ? :panic:

I presently have 5 figure stands on order $25 order shipping on this order is .......................

wait for it .......

$128 :cuckoo:

And the strong dollar to top it off. :yess:

I'll still worry about going back to the days of A$1=US$.60c and PF were around $150-$200 to ship. I almost gave the hobby up.

Yeah good point about the currency. That with the subsidized shipping is great considering we are located at the arse end of the world. :yess:

Is there any method to the amount Sideshow decide to subsidize? Is it purely based on the item cost?

Edit: I'll try work out a formula for variable dimensional weights and item prices based on these costs to Australia.

94 lbs
$750
$77.53

86 lbs
$650
$87.78

84 lbs
$600
$94.08

63lbs
$600
$81.55

63 lbs
$500
$96.55

34 lbs
$490
$43.89

This is sketchy but,

Anything 63lbs and above,
[[[Weight – 63] * 0.60] +96.55] - [[cost – 500] / 6.67]

Anything below 63lbs (not properly tested),
[[[Weight – 63] * 1.87] +96.55] - [[cost – 500] / 6.67]

So the Arthas statue I recently ordered for $350 with dimensional weight of 70lbs should come to $123.24

Last edited:
Is there any method to the amount Sideshow decide to subsidize? Is it purely based on the item cost?

Edit: I'll try work out a formula for variable dimensional weights and item prices based on these costs to Australia.

94 lbs
$750
$77.53

86 lbs
$650
$87.78

84 lbs
$600
$94.08

63lbs
$600
$81.55

63 lbs
$500
$96.55

34 lbs
$490
$43.89

This is sketchy but,

Anything 63lbs and above,
[[[Weight – 63] * 0.60] +96.55] - [[cost – 500] / 6.67]

Anything below 63lbs (not properly tested),
[[[Weight – 63] * 1.87] +96.55] - [[cost – 500] / 6.67]

So the Arthas statue I recently ordered for $350 with dimensional weight of 70lbs should come to $123.24

This is a bit misleading and not accurate at all. It would be easier to email us for an estimated quote by comparing something of like size, weight and cost shipping to you region. As long as you know it may fluctuate a bit from there we are good to go!

I see SS uses UPS can they use Fedex? I hate USP and i mean HATE. I had a shipment today and still not here.

I knew it. It was dam near 9pm when they delivered it , and it broken. My luck....

ARH Studios Pocahontas Statue (1)

Last edited:
Back