Shippers and Boxes - Keep 'Em or Trash 'Em

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If everyone starts throwing their boxes, one day the box will worth more than the figure.:google

well l don't really see the need to keep boxes from 1/6. l would keep the product box but not necessary. if you want to sell you can sell everything loose easily. you would be out of your mind to throw away the product box and shipping box of a premium format figure.

Last edited:
I usually just toss mine. They're a major drain on storage space.

Of all the things I've bought, the only box I kept was for Hot Toys Godfather, and that's only because I knew it was the best way to make sure that chair was safe when I move.

I really wish I'd kept the boxes for Jabba and his throne. Believe me, those are not easy to move.

Other than that, I just wrap each figure in a bag and put them all in one sturdy box, and I have had no issues over four moves!

Yes I recently purchased a LURTZ figure from another member here.. it was shipped to me in plain brown paper through the USPS.. this is one of the heavier PF figures and because he placed nothing thicker than plain brown wrapping paper around it, the box was completely smashed in all four corners....punctured by other box corners, and the top lid was almost torn off... the flimsy brown paper was like putting tissue paper on a rhino and then sending it through the US mail system...

This member had the nerve to tell me that I should be mad at the post office for ruining the package..... and it could have all been avoided if he had but the LURTZ box in a shipping box... or something a little more protective than some plain brown shipping paper..well very valuable lesson on my part....:( Friends.. KEEP your shipper boxes!!!!!

I keep 'em these days. The shipper doesn't take up much more space than the box and helps keep stuff looking nicer.

break them down flat and they store much easier. I dont plan on selling things I get, but have sold things (like the original sideshow terminator 12" figs)..
they seemed to sell better with the shipping containers than ones that were offered without.

I'll always keep product boxes for the more valuable stuff, more for storing/moving than selling (though that's always an option). And if they came in a shipper box I'd probably keep those too since they wouldn't take up much more room. Reckon when I get enough boxes, I'll just seal them in the shippers, stuff them inside another box or container and put 'em in the shed for storage.

I've thrown out the boxes of the lesser toys, though - stuff I'll never sell, isn't worth a great deal, or isn't particularly fragile.

I keep the boxes in the shippers and then stored in the attic. I've sold a few things over the years and it was nice to be able to put everything back in it's box, slap a new mailing label and off it went.

The most important aspect, in regards to statues, is the styrofoam inserts that protect the statue best.

I keep my shippers for a few reasons:

1) If I ever HAD to sell something, I have a box that's the perfect size, ready to go.

2) If you're keeping the 4 color box anyway, put it back inside the shipper, it's the same amount of space the 4c box takes up anyway.
3) Offers some protection to the 4 color box.
This happened to me at the last apartment I lived in.
I had my Iron Man classic 4c box inside my shipper and in a closet for storage. I came home from work one day and apparently it had rained really hard and I was getting a slow drip from the ceiling to the floor. IM's box was right in the way and the drops hit the shipper, ran down the side and onto the floor. I immediately took the box out of the closet and inspected it. The cardboard shipper had actually protected the inner box from getting wet and warped.

Keep the boxes if you ever plan (or not) to sell or move. Some people may even want to buy the boxes from you, so consider that before dumping them.

Lately I have been thinking about posting a thread to get some of the shippers that I do not have. I absolutely keep them and I am missing some and want to get them.

I keep boxes for everything...But for shippers I only keep them for statues and premium formats, I dump them for the 1:6 figs..

Lately I have been thinking about posting a thread to get some of the shippers that I do not have. I absolutely keep them and I am missing some and want to get them.

Let me know what you need. Mine are in the recycle bin ready to go out on Tuesday's pickup. They're all from 1/6 SW figures, mostly ANH, but I think I have an Indy box of two in the mix as well.

I keep them Just incase I move or something..And its not like the brown shipper takes up any more space...The only 1 I thrown away was the predator wolf bust...I dont plan on selling it and its a very heavy piece anyway...Oh yeah i thrown away 1:2 endo box also because the way it was packed I knew I would never get it back in..

Back