Sherlock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The first episode was shown on New Years for the holiday splash. I'm assuming Sunday is more of its regular "day." Since there are only three episodes, I think a regular schedule is less a priority.

I thought the last episode was great. Such a strange structure, but it all came together at the end. I thought it was hugely enjoyable.

just 3 episodes again. what is the matter with the bbc? the show is a winner and they don't do enough episodes why?:slap

The first episode was shown on New Years for the holiday splash. I'm assuming Sunday is more of its regular "day." Since there are only three episodes, I think a regular schedule is less a priority.

I thought the last episode was great. Such a strange structure, but it all came together at the end. I thought it was hugely enjoyable.

And that's why it was so brilliant. Hell, last night's episode was probably my favorite one yet simply because so much is going on that you think is unrelated plus you couple that with its light and fluffy sitcom tone and you think halfway through that this is going to be a mess. And then BOOM! Everything comes together as the tone gets super serious and all the threads fit together as puzzle pieces. Terrific mystery writing and once again outrageously poignant and sublimely bittersweet to boot.

The ending was definitely an homage to Jo Grant's departure in the Doctor Who episode "The Green Death" back in the early seventies with Jon Pertwee as the Doctor. At the end of the episode, Jo is leaving to go on an expedition to the Amazon with her new fiancee and so a big going away/engagement party is thrown. The Doctor says his goodbyes to Jo and then leaves out the backdoor silently, all alone. Mark Gatiss did the same thing in the scene from An Adventure in Space and Time back in November when Verity Lambert departs as producer of Doctor Who. David Bradley's Bill Hartnell leaves her going away party all alone in silence, heartbroken. Cumberbatch played that silent somberness to a tee perfectly. Change has come for Sherlock. He's lost his best friend and assistant. And things just are not going to be the same from here on out.

Now if the subtle cues and expressions from the actress playing Mary and how certain scenes were shot with her are actually foreshadowing something in next Sunday's episode, then change is the least of Sherlock's worries with her.
Spoiler Spoiler:
My two cents on what's coming--get ready for all Hell to break loose.

just 3 episodes again. what is the matter with the bbc? the show is a winner and they don't do enough episodes why?:slap

To leave you wanting for more?

That and both stars need to make their money on hollywood blockbusters.

Such an amazing show. Last episodes was terrific. Loved how everything came together.

@jrice: It looks like you may be onto something with Mary....

So many clues over the last eight episodes all coming together to make one of the best hour and halves of television I have ever seen. "Miss me."

I thoroughly enjoyed Sherlock's mind palace scene in this ep.

It's interesting how the movie and the TV series both really make an effort to show the viewer how Sherlock's thought process works. It's a very entertaining solution to what would otherwise be an off-putting character trait.

I totally loved last night's episode. I thought this season from start to finish (I know it's only three episodes, but still!) was just superb. I actually like 3 movie-length episodes. I think it helps them keep up the quality.
Spoiler Spoiler:

This season had a very different feel than the previous 2 seasons. I'm not entirely sure that I liked it. Didn't like how the story felt fragmented, only for everything to then come together and somehow all be connected.

Spoiler Spoiler:
I totally loved last night's episode. I thought this season from start to finish (I know it's only three episodes, but still!) was just superb. I actually like 3 movie-length episodes. I think it helps them keep up the quality.
Spoiler Spoiler:

The finale was truly something to behold. And yes, the clues were all there
Spoiler Spoiler:
But don't think for a moment that deception wasn't a part of
Spoiler Spoiler:

Just watching V for Vendetta, totally forgot this gentleman was in it :lol

7f1da3beecf53bab73b0d57d2bcb9cc0_zpseec7c638.jpg

Back