Sherlock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reading "The Complete Sherlock Holmes" after having seen all six episodes. Love finding all the allusions the creators added. Very faithful to the character and neat updates to the stories!

"Hounds of Baskerville" was weak. Reading the stories in publication order and am only half way through the first collection of short stories. Perhaps after I read "The Hound of the Baskervilles" I will appreciate it more?

I don't mind Sherlock having beat Adler. Hope she returns! She can outsmart Holmes in the future. Wonder how or if they'll introduce Mary Morstan. Had no clue she and Watson married so soon in the stories.

As for Jeremy Brett being the best series, I tried watching "The Sign of Four." It was a literal word for word adaptation of the story. Once I saw Arnold Toht from RotLA pop up looking like Smeagol, I turned it off. Might give the series a try another time but wasn't feeling that movie myself. Far prefer the looser adaptations with Benedict Cumberbatch :)

I love Season 1 and really enjoyed Season 2, but will admit that the adaptation of 'Hounds of the Baskerville' left me wanting.

This show is a perfect example of what we will never see produced and released on U.S broadcast stations (yeah, I know it runs months later on BBC America) - we get stuff like Survivor, and rest of world gets Sherlock. LOL

I loved Irene Adler in BBC's Sherlock. Really enjoyed the scenes between her and Sherlock. I really hope we see her again in future episodes.

Overall, I think this show is brilliant. I liked how they adapted all the stories to modern settings. I wasn't 100% sold on the guy playing Moriarty but I got used to him after a while.

Screen20shot202013-03-1120at209_zps256c7074.png

https://twitter.com/Markgatiss/status/311073831081091072

:yess::yess::yess:

While Winter 2013 is a definitely plus it's still too long a wait to resolve the Series Two finale!

[ame="https://youtu.be/JwntNANJCOE"]https://youtu.be/JwntNANJCOE[/ame]

Is no one else excited for Wednesday? :lol

I am elated that in just four days this gem of television comes back to us. Its going to be badass!

Me. Watching series two again. Watched series one last night. Will watch the new one tonight.

Watched the first episode of Series 3! Oh, so brilliant! I liked how they teased us with some of the theories floating around, and I think it helped sell what actually happened... if that's what actually happened. But I think it was. Probably. But, the stuff with Watson reacting to Sherlock being back was more interesting to me than what actually happened in any case.

Watched the first episode of Series 3! Oh, so brilliant! I liked how they teased us with some of the theories floating around, and I think it helped sell what actually happened... if that's what actually happened. But I think it was. Probably. But, the stuff with Watson reacting to Sherlock being back was more interesting to me than what actually happened in any case.

Absolutely agree on all counts. Great episode and Watson's reaction and how it evolved throughout the story was what was really important. In Conan Doyle's books, Watson's reaction to Holmes being alive is totally subdued and very, "oh jolly good show, old chap." Here, its much more realistic and hilarious. The many different versions of what happened to Sherlock after he jumped really underscore the episode but ultimately I'm left with a sense that what we saw are all just theories or lies and the real truth doesn't matter at this moment. May be it will down the road. But what is for real is that Sherlock is alive.

I kinda like how we don't really know how Sherlock survived. We have 3 different theories but none were confirmed to be the true version.
I laughed so hard at the fan theory version on how Sherlock survived with
Spoiler Spoiler:

My only complaint about this episode is that
Spoiler Spoiler:

I like the not knowing aspect of his survival. His death faking is like TDK's Joker's origin - in the end, it doesn't matter. Sherlock's back.

Tonight's episode was brilliant as well. The Sign of Three indeed.

What exactly is the airing schedule for this show on the BBC?

I assumed the episodes were much more spread out then they apparently are.

Back