Media Shenmue III

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shenmue popularized the QTE, with God of War and Resident Evil 4 putting it further into the mainstream. Love the martial arts and learning new moves. Will definitely be replaying the first on Dreamcast and likely the PAL import for the second with Japanese voices:

Last edited:
Hope they still include old arcade games in Shenmue 3 it was a nice touch back then although the market is pretty different today. Video game companies have to squeeze the last cent out of us nowadays.

what could they do with shenmue 3 kill his dog?

635347412552170157waitwhatgif.gif

Didnt even know he had a dog. I dont remember anything about a dog.

Man I need a refresher on Shenmue, Its been so long and I never expected an ending so in the subsequent years Ive tried to block all but the music from my memory. I remember street fights, hooligans, sailors, old wrinkly people, a girl on my bike, a jerk that killed my dad, more sailors, forklifts, and a hot redhead I took lots of sexy pictures of. The story for the most part is a blank... I think Im in China

Wondering they will put out the first two games again I honestly forget the story.

I think theyre gonna include all the fmv scenes from the previous games like they did for the xbox sequel- Its their first stretch goal and theyve already reached it. I always thought they should bring shenmue back as one large complete game with different mechanics and maybe an open world.

So apparently Sony is now helping to fund this.

They pretty much used kickstarter to gauge interest. I don't blame them, II was a financial disaster.

Also this is now the fastest funded game on kickstarter.

Which platform it appears on to me isnt a concern. What matters is we get to continue the journey:0

Did any of you guys pledge? If so, which tier? I went for the single capsule toy tier. If they reveal more and better goals, i'll be tempted to go for the 500 tier.

Despite the announcement of Fallout 4 and the trailer of Kingdom Heart 3, Shenmue III announcement was THE best thing happened in E3 this year.

??? If sony is funding them why would this come out for any other platform ?????

Its comes to PS4 and PC. I am sure PC release because kickstarter contract, then sony funding it. $2 million crowfunding is nothing though, I think the game will cost more than that. And Sony cover rest of funding. My biggest concern, Sony will pull entire game to PS exclusive. Eventhough I doubt Sony and Yu Suzuki is that stupid to betray entire community fund

Which platform it appears on to me isnt a concern. What matters is we get to continue the journey:0

Did any of you guys pledge? If so, which tier? I went for the single capsule toy tier. If they reveal more and better goals, i'll be tempted to go for the 500 tier.

Its matter for me, right now I just have PC. I am not planning buying console, thigh budget.

can someone tell me why this is such big news? did this project have many false starts? or is it like james cameron announcing titanic 2?

II ended in 2001. Story was left incomplete.

14 year cliffhanger. Well 16-17 since we still have to wait another few years for this to actually come out.

II ended in 2001. Story was left incomplete.

14 year cliffhanger. Well 16-17 since we still have to wait another few years for this to actually come out.
Not just that, but Sega essentially abandoned it for these past 14 years as well saying they wouldn't have enough money to fund it due to the lackluster sales of the second one (Both games were at the time the most expensive games ever made). Unfortunately, the second came out pretty much right after the Dreamcast was declared dead and only came out in Japan and Europe. Most who imported it from Europe already had it on their Dreamcast so when they released it on the original Xbox one year later, not only did most people not know about it, but those who already had it already had the import.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Back