1/6 Share your HT Star Wars collection Pics Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Luke and Sandy arrived yesterday. They're the first 2 new purchases in the great OT'ing of my collection. They join ROTJ Scout and TESB Boba.
I've gotten rid of so many figures, suddenly my collection is tiny but I feel good about this. Can't wait to add more OT figures.
Sandy was very tricky to pose. That backpack is a right pain. Getting him all set up with all his pouches, everytime I moved his arms his backpack straps loosened.
I was sweating like it was a bomb disposal.
Luke was easy to pose.

Attachments

• 20230610_135046.jpg
    20230610_135046.jpg
    850.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230610_135054.jpg
    20230610_135054.jpg
    847 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230610_135104.jpg
    20230610_135104.jpg
    740.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230610_135341.jpg
    20230610_135341.jpg
    819.4 KB · Views: 0
Luke and Sandy arrived yesterday. They're the first 2 new purchases in the great OT'ing of my collection. They join ROTJ Scout and TESB Boba.
I've gotten rid of so many figures, suddenly my collection is tiny but I feel good about this. Can't wait to add more OT figures.
Sandy was very tricky to pose. That backpack is a right pain. Getting him all set up with all his pouches, everytime I moved his arms his backpack straps loosened.
I was sweating like it was a bomb disposal.
Luke was easy to pose.
They look great! I should have kept my sandtrooper 😭 I’m hoping they do more. Also thinking about getting that Luke as well as Bespin I’d like to have more OT in my display.

They look great! I should have kept my sandtrooper 😭 I’m hoping they do more. Also thinking about getting that Luke as well as Bespin I’d like to have more OT in my display.
Sandy was so fiddly to get all his stuff attached and pose. He's pretty good considering his age but he'd definitely benefit from magnetic backpack and satchels.
I really like my snowspeeder pilot Luke. I'm tempted to get Bespin Luke but the super tight and super clean suit puts me off a bit.

@ScoutingForToys You decide which figures you're keeping that aren't OT?

I see a Jango there! lol
A couple of Rogue One troopers have survived my initial sales. I think I might keep those as I think they fit in quite well with the OT though I'll make a separate Imperial trooper display for them.
I also thought of including a clone or 2 but I've sold the ones I had and I currently don't have any more on PO.
Jango is the only non OT survivor and I'm not sure what to do with him.
Maybe I'll put him with a couple of clones in a little Jango & sons display off to the side.

A couple of Rogue One troopers have survived my initial sales. I think I might keep those as I think they fit in quite well with the OT though I'll make a separate Imperial trooper display for them.
I also thought of including a clone or 2 but I've sold the ones I had and I currently don't have any more on PO.
Maybe I'll put him with a couple of clones in a little Jango & sons display off to the side.

I respect your ongoing commitment to narrowing down your focus. It's not always easy but I think it's a good thing to do. Been there multiple times with other lines.

From personal experience, leaving any remnants of a cull can lead to that branch growing again. A little side display leaves enough of an opening to lead to justifications to keep adding to it which might turn into a full display some day.

Not saying that'll happen to you, but it has happened to me. :lol

Congrats on the focus though, I'm slowly making my way there as well. This hobby is expensive and can take up space very quickly.

With you selling the clones, which clones would you get to pair with Jango?

I respect your ongoing commitment to narrowing down your focus. It's not always easy but I think it's a good thing to do. Been there multiple times with other lines.

From personal experience, leaving any remnants of a cull can lead to that branch growing again. A little side display leaves enough of an opening to lead to justifications to keep adding to it which might turn into a full display some day.

Not saying that'll happen to you, but it has happened to me. :lol

That's a very good point. A limited collection of clones could explode easily.
The OT is my biggest Star Wars love, but I do have a soft spot for clones, those lovable scamps.
Also so tempted by the Kenobi Vader but I must stay strong.

Congrats on the focus though, I'm slowly making my way there as well. This hobby is expensive and can take up space very quickly.

With you selling the clones, which clones would you get to pair with Jango?

With D+ shows being annually released and HT producing so many figures, absolutely agree. A collection can easily get out of hand.
It's just never ending. Space is my biggest issue. I just don't gave enough room in the spare room/home office for the kind of collection I was building.
A collection focused on OT is ideal for me;
1) I'll never get bored of it
2) it's 3 movies only. Not season after season, show after show. There's a finite number of characters HT are likely to make from the OT.
3) Each one feels special. Partly because HT only do so many OT figs a year.
4) Much more manageable to keep on top of give point 3.

I've sold off 501st trooper, Cody, Rex and Hunter. Not sure which clones go best with Jango. Probably phase 1 clones. Set something up to represent Jango before AoTC, training the clones.
Maybe if HT ever did phase 1 Alpha ARC clones (though I won't hold my breath)

Last edited:
@ScoutingForToys You are so right, with more and more D+ shows and movies in the pipeline, more and more figures from these different shows and eras will be coming out and collectors will be more picky.

I've already decided on Lucas only so PT and TCW, with select OT and Mando stuff to represent the early seasons, and I'm starting to rethink the Mando stuff.

If we ever get to KOTOR era collectibles, I'll have to stay strong. I almost broke for the XM Revan and Malak.

@ScoutingForToys You are so right, with more and more D+ shows and movies in the pipeline, more and more figures from these different shows and eras will be coming out and collectors will be more picky.

I've already decided on Lucas only so PT and TCW, with select OT and Mando stuff to represent the early seasons, and I'm starting to rethink the Mando stuff.

If we ever get to KOTOR era collectibles, I'll have to stay strong. I almost broke for the XM Revan and Malak.
Sounds like a good plan to me. Focus on the stuff you're passionate about.

I didn't like Kenobi, BoBF or Mando season 3 but I did like some of the designs from those shows and we have some impressive figures on PO or teased/expected etc but I've decided to stop collecting stuff from shows I didn't like or care much about just because they look cool or go with a figure I already have.
And then D+ will release even more shows and HT will release even more figures and we'll go on and on and on.

Definitely a good idea to stick with the Star Wars you feel the biggest connection to.
There's some amazing PT and TCW already out with many more on the way.
With OT I know I'm looking at buying expensive older figures on ebay etc and picking up the odd new OT figure that HT does (though I'm hoping HT give us a decent batch of ROTJ figures) whereas they're doing a lot of PT and TCW/clone stuff, so you'll have a decent amount to collect, but it'll stuff you really love having in your collection.

Sounds like a good plan to me. Focus on the stuff you're passionate about.

I didn't like Kenobi, BoBF or Mando season 3 but I did like some of the designs from those shows and we have some impressive figures on PO or teased/expected etc but I've decided to stop collecting stuff from shows I didn't like or care much about just because they look cool or go with a figure I already have.
And then D+ will release even more shows and HT will release even more figures and we'll go on and on and on.

Definitely a good idea to stick with the Star Wars you feel the biggest connection to.
There's some amazing PT and TCW already out with many more on the way.
With OT I know I'm looking at buying expensive older figures on ebay etc and picking up the odd new OT figure that HT does (though I'm hoping HT give us a decent batch of ROTJ figures) whereas they're doing a lot of PT and TCW/clone stuff, so you'll have a decent amount to collect, but it'll stuff you really love having in your collection.

Those OT figures will definitely cost an arm and a leg, but right now it doesn't seem like HT has much of a focus on those films, so fortunately you won't have 10+ pre-orders or anything like that. After buying Han/Chewie..you might feel like you just paid for 10 figures though lo.

Go at your own pace and pick up whatever HT throws at us going forward.

That's a very good point. A limited collection of clones could explode easily.
The OT is my biggest Star Wars love, but I do have a soft spot for clones, those lovable scamps.
Also so tempted by the Kenobi Vader but I must stay strong.

With D+ shows being annually released and HT producing so many figures, absolutely agree. A collection can easily get out of hand.
It's just never ending. Space is my biggest issue. I just don't gave enough room in the spare room/home office for the kind of collection I was building.
A collection focused on OT is ideal for me;
1) I'll never get bored of it
2) it's 3 movies only. Not season after season, show after show. There's a finite number of characters HT are likely to make from the OT.
3) Each one feels special. Partly because HT only do so many OT figs a year.
4) Much more manageable to keep on top of give point 3.

I've sold off 501st trooper, Cody, Rex and Hunter. Not sure which clones go best with Jango. Probably phase 1 clones. Set something up to represent Jango before AoTC, training the clones.
Maybe if HT ever did phase 1 Alpha ARC clones (though I won't hold my breath)
This can help with your focus :wink1::

SW I love all 3 Star Wars films.jpg

Those OT figures will definitely cost an arm and a leg, but right now it doesn't seem like HT has much of a focus on those films, so fortunately you won't have 10+ pre-orders or anything like that. After buying Han/Chewie..you might feel like you just paid for 10 figures though lo.

Go at your own pace and pick up whatever HT throws at us going forward.
The prices for some older OT figures are eye watering.
I shudder to think how much it's going to cost to gave a decent ANH collection.
HT definitely focus their Star Wars range elsewhere.

The prices for some older OT figures are eye watering.
I shudder to think how much it's going to cost to gave a decent ANH collection.
HT definitely focus their Star Wars range elsewhere.

I’m still wishing they’d rerelease the ANH figures, or better yet make new revamped ones!

I’m still wishing they’d rerelease the ANH figures, or better yet make new revamped ones!

Absolutely. I'd be all over them like a powerful moss

Knowing @ScoutingForToys luck...they'll rerelease those figures after he buys some of the other ones at their current aftermarket prices.

I've finally done. All those ANH grails in the collection. It only cost me thousands of pounds, my marriage, the respect of my children, a few years of my life and I did have to part with my beloved collection of 19th century false moustaches but I've done. So worth it.

2 days later...

Hot Toys goes all out with a massive OT revival. Here comes Han & Chewie 2 pack, Princess Leia, Farmboy Luke, Ben Kenobi etc etc
All new and improved sculpts and tailoring.

I have been eyeing up these figs on the old ebay and prices are.. rather high. I'd be spending a few grand to get them all I reckon.

Back