Shannara Chronicles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rushmore223

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anybody see this show? I've watched about 30 minutes of it and not sure if I should waste my time on it.

I like Fantasy, but so far it just seems like a YA throwaway with a cast that is just a little too pretty.

That is pretty much it. A group of hot looking 19 year old types......I liked it at first, but getting on my nerves...

The main blonde dude is pretty good. Main girl 1 (princess) can barely act. And Main girl 2 (the bad one) is ok, but can't take a teenager type seriously. Supporting cast are all seasoned veterans, and the bad guys are pretty good. So, I'd say give it three episodes or so!

I watched a couple episodes, not terrible, not great either, it'll work as a distraction til GOT comes back. Enjoy some of the creature scenes, though the Trolls look stupid, like guys in gas masks.

It's supposed to be a post-apocalyptic world, 1000's of years after, yet it irks me every time the characters walk past an old, rusted vehicle. Had it been that long, just about everything man made (with some exceptions) would be dust.

Especially in a climate like the one on the show.

Last edited:
I'm sticking with it for now but I find it rather obnoxious and disappointing. Definitely seems to be aimed more at the MTV teens, y'know?

Anyone here actually read the books?

Most of the books fans I know aren't too happy with this show. Hardly surprising, though. I've never read them myself.

I wanted to, then I read reviews on Amazon and they were not too kind to the early books, either.....and yeah I think they have the season veterans to attract the older audience, but this is definitely aimed at the younger generation

I started watching this on Netflix and am hooked!!!
What an incredible show! Perfect cast and great score...awesome effects and story too. Love it.

It's like a cross between LOTR and Hunger Games but so munch better than Hunger Games....highly recommend this one. Super fun and exciting show.

Anybody see this show? I've watched about 30 minutes of it and not sure if I should waste my time on it.

I like Fantasy, but so far it just seems like a YA throwaway with a cast that is just a little too pretty.

Yeah, it's a too pretty cast but IMO there's some good stuff. I love epic fantasy but wouldn't put either books or show as top of the line. But worth a look or a read - show had some surprisingly good elements IMO.

I loved it and season 2 was almost just as good. Awesome characters and classic moments, reminds me of original trilogy of Star Wars.

Back