shades of Mordor Dio!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even without a proper base or environment, I'm still impressed with how ominous it looks. If I had the extra $$, I would definitely be picking it up. Hopefully I can find a good deal for it down the road.

Best dio of the whole line by far.....

Agreed. There's nothing cooler than a ringwraith, or in this case 5. Yes, the base is a bit disappointing, as I too really feel as though weathertop itself has not been properly represented.....but the sculpts are as solid as it gets. If this dio. has anything close to the eerie feel of the ringwraith on steed statue it's going to be an awesome addition.

I think it looks great. How much more of Weathertop would some want? A couple broken columns? archways? Would just a wider base suffice?

I think it looks great. How much more of Weathertop would some want? A couple broken columns? archways? Would just a wider base suffice?

Check and check; I would have preferred at least some rubble on the base - and I am under the opinion that the base is a bit narrow.

The lack of rubble and such doesn't bother me too much. But if it were half an inch wider on each side it might make the piece feel a tad more balanced or anchored and less top heavy.

I love LOTR & this piece looks decent...but for $350....I just can't do it. It's a nice piece especially with the exclusive Frodo but I gotta skip out on this one. There's only so many collectibles I can get in a year.

Hummm, dirty iceberg, top heavy, not enough environment, not attached, ALL very valid points here……..When we first heard of the piece I was VERY excited as we are getting more then 1 nazgul in 1 piece = AWESOME!!!! Looking at the piece from the side it’s a yawner, sorry, ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz….

BUT…..

After further review and seeing it from the front = AWESOME………………..

Not sure on this one, have all day tomorrow to decide thank god….

Does anyone know if one happens to get a EX are you charged the full price or is there a Flexpay allowed on this one, as this may be the breaking point for me????

Does anyone know if one happens to get a EX are you charged the full price or is there a Flexpay allowed on this one, as this may be the breaking point for me????

Whatever Moe, nice to see you round again! :rolleyes::wacky

There should be a Flex option for the EX. :wave

There's not a lot to the overall base but what is there especially with Frodo make for something damn impressive thats for sure. Good god I hope I can get one.

I am HUGELY disappointed in this. I was really looking forward to getting this tonight. I know that the price was very high, but I, as so many others, was hoping there were some Weathertop-surroundings to make it an astonishing piece. And what do they give us? Five wraiths on a plaque of clay, and a Frodo on another plaque of clay. F'ing unbelievable. This is NOT a diorama. If the only qualification would be: multiple figures together, then the Battle Troll of Mordor was also a dio, and so was Legolas and Gimli on Arod, and Sam & Bill the Pony. All those are not diorama's either.

Sure the wraiths look good, but they never messed that up. Frodo looks awesome but there is no way in hell I'm gonna pay 400 Euro's for something like this.

The only way I can look on the bright side of this is that SS saved me from spending 400 Euro's on one of their products. What a waste of time.

Is that it??? Good grief, that is NOT a diorama. VERY unimpressed, and this is from someone who adores the dio line, it's the only SS line i buy, and i have and love every dio so far. But this.... why not have Frodo and the wraiths on one base? THAT would be a diorama. Add some surroundings for $350!! Not 5 wraiths floating on clay, and Frodo looks like he's floating away on an island! Give him an oar instead of the One Ring and it would look comical! Not how i want to remember that scene! The wraiths do look good but come on, how hard can they be to sculpt? Extrememly underwhelmed.

And at €400 it is a LOT of cash, thats what it will end up costing by the time I get it here to Ireland with taxes etc, Don't think it's worth that!

Well I absolutely LOVE IT...I can see peoples disappointment in the base etc but who gives a ^^^^ when there are 5 ringwraiths advancing!! Also I agree the price is high but until I know the size I am not gonna pass judgement :)

Sad to say I'm going with the latter comments here - huge opportunity missed by SS, and as has been said above, yes they do look good, but how difficult is it to sculpt a Ringwraith? This has no environment to it at all, it could be taking place anywhere. For $300 we got Aragorn, 2 huge Uruks and a fair chunk of Helms Deep - unless this is one huge piece, then 5 ringwraiths and a small Frodo on a coracle is a complete rip-off for $349. What with canning the 12" line, the Santa Moria Orc debacle and now this, I am seriously beginning to question where SS is going with the LotR franchise. Sad, sad day.... again :(

I'm also very dissapointed :monkey2 seeing the first real pics.I was planning to lock me up in my room to make the pre order tomorrow at 7 Pm (dutch time) But now i'm not sure wat to do. If it's not turning out to be a huge piece then it will be a NO for me. I'm glad that i kept my balrog dio order.:banana

Back