shades of Mordor Dio!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would have been nice for the extra $50 bucks if they would have just extended the base to make it all one big piece. I still think its nice don't get me wrong. I'm also happy that the regular version will look kick ass too if one has to go that route.

I really like it. I think if they had attached enough room for Frodo and reg version would look weird. If they tried to capture too much of the Weathertop debris it would have been cluttered.

A+

Okay so its established the Base is crappy but the overall EX piece is a must have

I don't know if I would call the base crappy [the Frodo base looks pretty good] but it sure could have been a whole lot better. Overall though, still a great dio. esp. the excl. edition.

Wow...I'm really disappointed. Maybe I was having delusions of grandeur...but I expected so much more.

The sculpt is great IMO, really love it! but as it has been said there's some feeling of dissapointment. They could have made some kind of linking base for the EX or something...don't know but for 350$ it is a PASS

Hmmmm...I'll have to think about this one long & hard over the next day & 1/2. I mean, it's alright. I just.... I dunno. Though sculpted beautifully, it's kinda just a big black lump of ringwraiths--no spacing, no weathertop rubble, and frankly, very little character. Maybe they should've included a pix or two with the piece actually in the light or a lighter background to give a better sense of spacing between the figures. I don't know why, but I'm getting this heavy "Flag raising of Iwo Jima" vibe from it---but not in a good way.

Of course the EX version is a must, but it really has that last minute $50 add-on feel to it where there's very little connecting it to the wraiths in the physical terms of the piece. On the otherhand, if this was a Twilight verison of the scene with variation amongst all the different fallen kings, I'd rob a Girl Scout cookie stand just to make sure I had enough money to get it.

Hmmm. This will take some time to decide. It's so expensive & it just was freakin' tax day. I'll probaby end up ordering it & decide sometime down the road whether to cancel it or not considering it probably won't be shipping until the fall.

bravo for the great ringwraiths, but uhmm i was wondering how come they're floating down the river with frodo. :confused::confused::lol:lol

seriously though overall i think it's a great piece, congrats ssc for thinking outside the box, and this time i think it works well.:cool:

Hmmmm...I'll have to think about this one long & hard over the next day & 1/2. I mean, it's alright. I just.... I dunno. Though sculpted beautifully, it's kinda just a big black lump of ringwraiths--no spacing, no weathertop rubble, and frankly, very little character. Maybe they should've included a pix or two with the piece actually in the light or a lighter background to give a better sense of spacing between the figures. I don't know why, but I'm getting this heavy "Flag raising of Iwo Jima" vibe from it---but not in a good way.
I'm guessing you haven't seen the pics of all the different angles.

The more I look, the more I fall in love with it... :drool

I am lovin it. I do have to have the exclusive. However, the seperate design means that the regular will look great sitting on the shelf facing outward, like the first photo in the gallery. And an empty Weathertop base with no Frodo would not, so I can understand why there isn't "more" to this dio. I can't wait to see custom backgrounds for it though. Or to make them, in one form or another.

97221_press01-001.jpg

9722_press06-001.jpg

9722_press01-001.jpg

97221_press03-001.jpg

97221_press02-001.jpg

9722_press03-001.jpg

9722_press04-001.jpg

9722_press05-001.jpg

9722_press02-001.jpg

freaking love it!

Back