Sewing 1/6 Outfits

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grimlockisking

Super Freak
Reaction score
So...I'm interested in trying to try my hand at sewing some 1/6 outfits for my Batman figures that no one's done yet. But I'm curious what those who have sewed outfits for customs use for the stretch fabric material? Figured I'd head to the local sewing store this weekend to look, have patterns somewhat sketched out for what/how, but I'd like to hear if anyone has any recommendations or best practices?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Grimlockisking - If you are looking for stretch fabric go with knitted fabric. It is the same kind used on activewear clothing and T shirts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Grimlockisking - If you are looking for stretch fabric go with knitted fabric. It is the same kind used on activewear clothing and T shirts.

Any place you normally get 1/6 fabric? I'm looking for a herringbone material in black and white in a 1/6th scale, but I just can't seem to find any.

Any place you normally get 1/6 fabric? I'm looking for a herringbone material in black and white in a 1/6th scale, but I just can't seem to find any.

Hi Sentless - I only know of places in New York City, outside of that its hard for me to say... possibly Joan's Fabrics? You can also use clothing for the fabric.

Hi Sentless - I only know of places in New York City, outside of that its hard for me to say... possibly Joan's Fabrics? You can also use clothing for the fabric.

I have no problem finding regular herringbone fabric, I just feel the pattern will look odd if I make a 1/6 jacket out of it. It would be too big I think.

look on Amazon.com, they sell printable fabric rolls. If you have skills with Photoshop or Illustrator you could create your own. Good Luck.

Back