Serenity Spoilers!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just picked up the "Official Movie Magazine" for Serenity defintely worth the purchase.

Viking28 said:
I just picked up the "Official Movie Magazine" for Serenity defintely worth the purchase.

Where did you pick it up? Is it in Barnes and Noble or places like that? I found a link online, but I'd like to flip through it before purchasing...

I also need to get the soundtrack, although I heard the acoustic version of the Firefly theme song that plays at the end of the credits is not included on the sountrack CD. Bummer...

How about a 1/4 scale?

Darklord Dave said:
Best image - River with the sword and the hunga-munga, backlit with the blood dripping off the weapons.

SideshowDusty said:
Dave, I also really really like that blood dripping scene. I think the cinematography was superb.

That was my favorite scene also! That would absolutely rock as a 1/4 scale figure!!!! As Picard would say, "Make it so!" :joy

Have to agree that was my favorite scene as well - I was just awestruck by how great it looked and have to say I was thinking to myself that she'd kick Buffy's ass!

As a newbie to the whole Serenity universe, I was a little disappointed in the Reavers (sp?). I would have liked to know a little more about their society/culture (if you can call it that). I mean they seem to exist in social groups so there must be something.

Anyway, is that background covered in the earlier TV series?

But anyway, a rockin' good movie. Glad I saw it in the theater.

We learned more about the Reavers in the movie than we ever did in the series. I had read that they were designed to be the "Indians" from the ancient Western films - feared by all, inhuman savages that would make good villains for our cowboys.

I agree. BEST scene with river. i felt giddy watching it, its def gotta be oneof the BEST fight and coriography(cant spell it!)

O and when I was in the movie it struck me that if sideshow makes river they HAVE to make her from in the bar, when she first gets triggered. Shes wearing a cool jacket thing. to cover the articulation! you hear me Sideshow!

Darklord Dave said:
We learned more about the Reavers in the movie than we ever did in the series. I had read that they were designed to be the "Indians" from the ancient Western films - feared by all, inhuman savages that would make good villains for our cowboys.

I guess so, the whole movie was about the origins of the Reavers. They did seem monolithic, ike the early ST borg characterizations.

I liked the humor of the movie a lot. Mal seemed at times very vulnerable and human, unlike many representations we see of grizzled captains.

Back