serenity movie replay

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that's funny. i don't watch my rewatchable movies that often, since i don't want to become bored of them.
other movies i've watched many times include, stargate, fifth element, waterworld (yes waterworld).
there are others but these three or four are the ones that i'll pop in every so often to just relax and burn some time.
man i must of seen fifth element, at least 20-30 times over the years since it was released, seems to work out every six months or so.

I don't really watch any particular movies that often, probably haven't watched Serenity since last summer or so

I haven't seen it in a long while, but I need to. I saw the movie before seeing the show, and I was pretty damn impressed.

Same here. Knew nothing about the tv series before seeing "Serenity" at the cinema. Loved every minute of the film and subsequently got the show on dvd and watched all the episodes. It's the kind of adventure s-f in the vein of Star Wars and other s-f movies from the 80s that you don't see done anymore, which is a real shame. The biggest asset of the show for me though were great characters and brilliant chemistry between them. There's no way not to love them:)

Firefly, despite being short lived, feels complete to me, thanks in large part to the movie. I was definitely saddened when I saw that it was canceled, but looking back, the series (for some reason or another) feels complete. And that's pretty amazing when you think about the depth of the show and the little time it had to work with. :rock

Frankly, I think when Mal tells Book that he needs to tell him why he knows so much about the Alliance, etc and Books simply replies, "no, I don't". That gave me the closure to the series I needed. Its fine to leave it all a mystery.

Just watched Serenity on Blue Ray yesterday in fact! I think thats the 8th time I've watched the movie. Couldn't even count the number of times I've watched the series. It's my default "nothings on, oh hey lets stick in Firefly!!!!"

And I definately feel cheated by FOX for such a short run of an incredible show!

In all fairness though, they knew before the show aired that they were probably not going to last a full season. I had the chance to work with one of the lead FX guys and saw some shots before the show came on, even then they knew FOX was screwing them over as they had just changed the promised Sunday night slot to a Friday night, which is instant death for anything but the X-Files!

These threads always make me sad... especially that this show was canceled and so many other crap ones are allowed to keep going and going :monkey2

It makes me sad too. Great shows killed before their time... and shows like "All About Jim" go on for years, and years, and years... (apologies to all you "All About Jim" fans out there, and you must be Legion, since that lame show has been on the air for about thirty years... Jim Belushi needs to retire or become a sportscaster or something...) :angelsmil :peace

Anyway, watched Serenity not long ago, and it was even better than I remembered it from seeing it in the theater, and I was pretty blown away by it in the theater. :banana

I'm just pissed Stargate went on forever, got movies (sure they were straight to DVD) and even a spin-off!

Where is the justice in that... and tough ^^^^ if I offended the Stargate fans :lol

I'm just pissed Stargate went on forever, got movies (sure they were straight to DVD) and even a spin-off!

Where is the justice in that... and tough ^^^^ if I offended the Stargate fans :lol

i didn't mind the first stargate movie,(one of my fail safe plug in movies) but the other direct to video ones kinda sucked imo, also the tv series didn't turn my crank either, EXCEPT i really like the atlantis series. just something about it appeals to me over the other series.

but overall they sure milked the hell out of that idea though.

Stargate isn't over though. They're getting ready for a new series, taking place for the two that were canceled (larger budget). It's called Stargate Universe and is kind of like the Stargate equivalent of Star Trek Voyager (lost in space trying to get home)

It sucks, but in the end I'd much rather that we had a small amount of excellent Firefly/Serenity than it go on for years and be beaten to death.

I'm with Seaward, i think Book used to be an Operative.

Firefly was as close to perfection as a show can get but yet it got axed.

Not quite finished yet:
ser6.jpg

ser7.jpg

Oh my God! Anzik, that rocks! Any custom figures to populate it?

Back