serenity movie replay

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quadcent

Super Freak
Reaction score
man just watched serenity again tonight, and i have to say it's a real shame that the show got the plug pulled.
just wondering for those firefly fans how long it's been since you've watched this great movie, and how many times have you seen it??

myself it's been about 6 months and i've only seen it about 4 times now.

man just watched serenity again tonight, and i have to say it's a real shame that the show got the plug pulled.
just wondering for those firefly fans how long it's been since you've watched this great movie, and how many times have you seen it??

myself it's been about 6 months and i've only seen it about 4 times now.

I've seen it about 3 times. Last viewing was months back. (I honestly can't remember.) Anyways, a great movie to say the very least. I think it surprised a lot of critics. And like you were saying, it was a shame to see the show go, but thankfully, the movie tied everything together despite the premature cancellation.

the only thing that really left me hanging at the end of the season (if you could call it that) and they touched on it ever so lightly in the movie, was who exactly was the preacher??
like the bounty hunter said "he's no preacher", and how he was admitted on the spot, aboard the alliance ship for treatment, after they scanned his papers.

damn you FOX:banghead

I actually got my gf to watch the entire series, plus the movie, very recently, when we were bored. All it took was the first episode and she was completely hooked, and she's no sci-fi/fantasy fan. Awesome series, and Serenity was great too. I really hope it gets revisited on screen in some form.

I actually got my gf to watch the entire series, plus the movie, very recently, when we were bored. All it took was the first episode and she was completely hooked, and she's no sci-fi/fantasy fan. Awesome series, and Serenity was great too. I really hope it gets revisited on screen in some form.

funny, that's the same as my situation. i was watching some tv episodes when my wife was in the room doing something else, and she ended up sitting down watching some with me after awhile:lol

i told her that they only made a short season of it, and she said to bad they didn't make a movie about it. well guess what we did next, movie time. needless to say she was hooked.

Last edited:
i try to watch Serenity once a month. its just a great movie...regardless if you like sci fi, action, or what not. Firefly is also a great show, one of my favorites.. but i don't have time to sit down and watch them all.

I got the movie and the series on bluray for Christmas this year and I'll watch two or three episodes a night until I finish the season then I'll watch the movie.

I Love that movie I seen it around 20 times and got both DVDs (reg and two discs) but I always try to watch the show first then Serenity....and the comics aren't that bad ether.:eek:

My husband and I watched the series when it was on tv and was sooo disapionted when it was canceled. So when the movie came out We both we're so excited about it. needless to say we own it! :D

Watched a little of the Movie yesterday. I keep a digital copy on my laptop so I can watch it whenever. I watched the series about 3 weeks ago. I really hate that it got pulled too. I think about all the garbage ass show that run for multiple seasons and Firefly gets pulled. I mean come on.

I LOVED Firefly and Serenity, but I'm actually surprised to say I don't watch it as often as it deserves. Kinda reminds me of something that was taken away.

I like it a lot, but don't watch it that often so I don't get bored with it. That's what happened with Star Wars Episode I, it was like the only movie I owned so I saw 50 times and it's no longer exciting since I know it so well.

Thinking about upgrading my DVD to Blu-Ray, I heard the transfer came out really good.

Yeah, definitely upgrade to Blu-Ray if you have the chance. I just got Serenity the other day as my first Blu-Ray purchase. Couldn't recommend it enough.

After seeing this thread yesterday, I watched it again this afternoon :D

Great movie, the cast in it are all just spot on.

After seeing this thread yesterday, I watched it again this afternoon :D

Great movie, the cast in it are all just spot on.

that's funny. i don't watch my rewatchable movies that often, since i don't want to become bored of them.
other movies i've watched many times include, stargate, fifth element, waterworld (yes waterworld).
there are others but these three or four are the ones that i'll pop in every so often to just relax and burn some time.
man i must of seen fifth element, at least 20-30 times over the years since it was released, seems to work out every six months or so.

the only thing that really left me hanging at the end of the season (if you could call it that) and they touched on it ever so lightly in the movie, was who exactly was the preacher??
like the bounty hunter said "he's no preacher", and how he was admitted on the spot, aboard the alliance ship for treatment, after they scanned his papers.

damn you FOX:banghead

I always had the suspicion that Shepard Book had some past with the Alliance, and he seems to know a lot about the kind of person the Operative is. When I saw Serenity, my first thought was that Book was at one time an Operative, and the end of the film seemed to suggest that the Operative may end up walking a path similar to Book's.

Back