Selling laptops on Ebay

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ringer

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have macbook pro currently that I bought back in 2009 and was just inquiring as to if anyone has had any luck selling laptops on ebay. Is it worth it with how high the fees are? I got an estimate of $600 if I sold it to Powermax which was a complete joke. I have never sold electronics on ebay, and any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. :duff

Lapdances on ebay I can help you with. not so much here.

$600 sounds pretty good for a 3 year old computer though. those things lose value faster than used cars.

I've never found it worth my while to sell my old computers. I either give them away or keep them for other tasks.

No way :lol $600 is around par for a 3 year old Macbook Pro that would've been purchased - depending on the specs - for around $2500.

No way :lol $600 is around par for a 3 year old Macbook Pro that would've been purchased - depending on the specs - for around $2500.

If a MBP was 2,500 in 2009, he can still get over a G for his. Or around that. They lose value, yes. But not that much value. 600 is well below the going rate for a higher end MBP. The place that offered him that price, would turn around and sell it for a tidy profit. I would say he could get atleast 800. Maybe high end a thousand. My late 2008 refurbished model sold for 1,200 in 2010.

If a MBP was 2,500 in 2009, he can still get over a G for his. Or around that. They lose value, yes. But not that much value. 600 is well below the going rate for a higher end MBP. The place that offered him that price, would turn around and sell it for a tidy profit. I would say he could get atleast 800. Maybe high end a thousand. My late 2008 refurbished model sold for 1,200 in 2010.

It depends a lot on your available networks I'd say. The place that offered the 600 can turn around and sell it for a profit because they have access to a customer base, and they'd likely tart it up with extra RAM etc before sale. You've done it, so you'd know, but I still reckon you'd need luck on your side to do much better than 600.

Yeah, you will lose a good chunk to ebay and paypal fees. You might try craigslist, although be careful about all the scams. I sold an old laptop a few years back and only one of the people who contacted me was a real person.

I have tried craigslist a couple times and all I get are the scammers telling me they are getting deployed and want it shipped. :lol what a bunch of hot garbage to use to steal people's $

Ringer my friend sold his on bay. This was a while back, i dont remember how much he got, but he didnt have any complaints. Better to eat a fee than have some random stranger show up at your house and he brings along a few unwanted guests.

Good to hear back from you. I'm okay with the price and the condition.
Presently,
I am out of town with my charity team to raise funds for the Children
Living under harsh condition and i won't be able to come for the inspection due to the nature of my
work. Moreso, I would have loved to call but our satellite server has
been down in
recent days which restricts our calls. I will be paying you through
PayPal as it
is the only Medium at which i can send Payment at the Moment.I would
appreciate if
you email me with more pictures (if available) too since i won't be be
able to see
this in person. And if you dont have a paypal account, It's pretty
easy to set up
a PayPal account at www.paypal.com . it's just a few minutes away from
signing up.